MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Most memorable moments in MMA history?   [View Full Version]
Tuffenuf » Posted 12/23/18 3:38:00AM

So to repeat the title, in your opinion, what are the most memorable moments in the history of MMA. The events that always stick out to you when you look back.

For me it would have to be the superfight between Fedor and Cro cop and TUF season one- especially the finale. There's also that brutal beating the cris cyborg gave to Jan finney that seemed to last forever at the time. Completely overshadowed the Fedor fight at that event imo.

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

My most memorable moment is when Fedor Emelianenko defeated Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at PRIDE 25.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

It's odd but; Leben vs Akiyama...my brother and I just had a fucking blast...

Another odd one is being on the phone with a friend hating on Jon Fitch right as Johnny Hendricks knocked him out...it was fate...the MMA Gods smiled upon us that day!

tattflash » Posted 3/1/07 9:10:00AM

A strange one for me but memorable all the same, Ian Freeman vs Frank Mir in the "Brawl At The Hall" Freeman had just lost his dad to cancer, but had not been told as it was fight day. An emotional and violent frenzied fight in the highlight of his career in an emotionally charged venue.
Also Genki Sudo entrance on the fight same card against a young Leigh Remedios, my first baptism into MMA.

My next one was several years later and saw BJ Penn bloody up Joe Daddy Stevenson in my local city, again a super charged atmosphere with some fighters choosing to wear "Toon" tops to get the crowd on their side

[View Full Version of this Page]