MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jimmy Smith announces departure from UFC   [View Full Version]
JLS » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Jimmy Smith’s time with the UFC has come to an end.

The veteran color commentator announced Tuesday via social media that the UFC chose not to re-sign him after completing his first year of work with the promotion.

Link

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Hmm...I guess he didn't bring the buzz or they found someone better/cheaper?

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Probably cheaper since that was why he left bellator. They're also adding more fighters who speak well, so I'm not opposed to it. Spitz to cage side and Anthony Smith to the fox booth if I'm not mistaken.

I would take Jimmy over Paul Felder in a heartbeat though, he's probably the worst overall imo. We'll see how Spitz does but I find him pretty unlikeable in every facet

I personally think Jimmy Smith is one of the best in the business. Much better than all these active fighter/commentators. I loved his respect towards the fighters and his overall knowledge. He is very unbias. Back when working for Bellator, for those who watched, he scored each round and gave an explanation on why if said Round was close. 9 times or more out of 10 I'd agree with his scorecard. He scored the fights without biad and was much better than the actual judges that got paid to score a fight. Bad move getting rid of him.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

Bad split, he’s like a less buff version of joe rogan that yelled less which was a nice change of pace

Posted by hotrodttt

Bad split, he’s like a less buff version of joe rogan that yelled less which was a nice change of pace

I can't say it enough. Jimmy Smith is one of the best.

Sidenote - Wouldn't Smith vs Rogan in a BJJ match be the shxt. They are both really good. Id pay to see that.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Do it at an EBI, watch the fight pass subscriptions skyrocket!

tildengolfer » Posted 2/19/11 9:57:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

Do it at an EBI, watch the fight pass subscriptions skyrocket!

Joe has been battling injuries the last few years and said he hasn't been training at nearly the frequency he did before but a Special Match of Rogan at EBI....WOULD BE FUCKIN AWESOME!!!!!!

[View Full Version of this Page]