MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Daniel Cormier-Derrick Lewis official; Valentina Shevchenko moved back to UFC 231   [View Full Version]
JLS » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

The UFC has booked a heavyweight title fight between champion Daniel Cormier and Derrick Lewis to headline its UFC 230 pay-per-view event on Nov. 3 in New York.

UFC president Dana White broke the news to ESPN on Tuesday, and Cormier confirmed it to ESPN. The heavyweight fight will take place on the UFC's annual card at Madison Square Garden.

With a new main event in place, Valentina Shevchenko will be moved back to her original fight against Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant women's flyweight title at UFC 231 on Dec. 8 in Toronto, according to White.

Link

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

Why risk the Cormier vs Lesnar match up ?

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Lesnar might be getting cold feet and Cormier wants to get paid. Heavyweights age the slowest of all weight divisions but still, dude's time in combat sports is ending sooner than later.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Kind of a weird fight, I guess in the rankings it makes sense. Volkov was a clear front runner up until the last 15sec of Rd 3. I'm pretty shocked Lewis can even be cleared, this is less than a month away

TeamJones » Posted 9/25/11 1:13:00AM

Probably because the DC vs Brock isn’t a guaranteed fight (Brock has to not get popped, and that’s not 100% certain it’ll happen.). I also thought Ariel Helwani said Brock doesn’t even have a UFC contract yet.

I think this is going to be just like DC vs. Big Country.

[View Full Version of this Page]