MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Nicco Montaño vs. Valentina Shevchenko title fight off UFC 228 card   [View Full Version]
finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

Link

There will not be a second title fight Saturday.

UFC women’s flyweight champion Nicco Montaño was hospitalized Friday morning prior to official weigh-ins and her title defense against Valentina Shevchenko has been pulled off the UFC 228 card Saturday, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting. ESPN was the first to report the news.

It remains unclear what Montaño’s condition was when she headed to the hospital, but the timing fits with something related to an illness due to weight cut.

The UFC released a statement on the matter Friday morning, making the title fight cancellation official.

“As a precautionary measure, UFC flyweight Nicco Montaño was transported to a medical facility Friday morning due to health concerns,” the statement read. “The scheduled championship bout between Montaño & Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 228 has been cancelled.”

jbmoviefan » Posted 6/15/11 5:17:00PM

Could just be nerves from the beating she was gonna take. I'd feel too sick to fight if I was facing those insane odds.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Happy Dana finally did something I respect and stripped her of the title.

[View Full Version of this Page]