MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Carla Esparza accuses Claudia Gadelha of greasing at UFC 225: ‘She’s a cheater’   [View Full Version]
Braden » Posted 3/6/12 2:55:00PM

Carla Esparza believes Claudia Gadelha cheated her way to a split-decision win in their back and forth strawweight clash at UFC 225.

Esparza insisted that Gadelha greased before the fight and now regrets not informing a referee.

Link

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

Fight could have gone either way, I personally scored it for Esparza. I don’t know what it is with Esparza but a lot of the women fighters seem to dislike her

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

I agree. Claudia is my favorite female fighter but I thought it was pretty obvious that Esparza won that fight. Esparza just seems very unlikeable, she seemed stuck up on TUF, bad mouthing the UFC about her pay prior to facing Joanna, multiple underwhelming losses and wins, saying Claudia was greased. The better human being got her hand raises Saturday.

JLS » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Claudio is Brazilian, dark completion, and when you sweat you notice it more with that skin tone. I scored it for Claudia 29-28.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Lost a lot of respect for Gadelha after she said her first loss to Joanna was due to inferior conditioning, something along the lines of how she would've won but Joanna trained harder than her.

Well, yeah.

JLS » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by isk

Lost a lot of respect for Gadelha after she said her first loss to Joanna was due to inferior conditioning, something along the lines of how she would've won but Joanna trained harder than her.

Well, yeah.

To be fair Claudia could've and I think should've won that 1st fight.

The 2nd not so much.

But I'm happy with Rose as the Champ.

[View Full Version of this Page]