MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
CM Punk returns to face Jackson at UFC 225   [View Full Version]
tildengolfer » Posted 2/19/11 9:57:00PM

Former WWE superstar CM Punk will step into the Octagon for the second time on June 9, and this time he will do so in his hometown of Chicago, as he faces Mike Jackson in a UFC 225 bout at United Center.

In the UFC 225 main event, which airs live on Pay-Per-View, Robert Whittaker defends his middleweight title against Yoel Romero. Tickets go on sale on April 13.
Link

tildengolfer » Posted 2/19/11 9:57:00PM

So Mayweather fell threw, huh?

No but seriously. This is the UFC $$ machine looking to get Punk in the win column in order to generate money. Because clearly that’s all they care about. Not fighter pay. Not fighter safety. Money. So. Yeah.

How awesome would it be if Jackson not only beat Punk but finished him in a dominating fashion? That’d be funny to watch the UFC brass cringe. I’d feel bad for CM, but hey what can you do? You made the decision to transition this late.

Braden » Posted 3/6/12 2:55:00PM

Posted by tildengolfer

So Mayweather fell threw, huh?

No but seriously. This is the UFC $$ machine looking to get Punk in the win column in order to generate money. Because clearly that’s all they care about. Not fighter pay. Not fighter safety. Money. So. Yeah.

How awesome would it be if Jackson not only beat Punk but finished him in a dominating fashion? That’d be funny to watch the UFC brass cringe. I’d feel bad for CM, but hey what can you do? You made the decision to transition this late.

It would totally be awesome to see CM Bunk get smoked hard and I wouldn't feel bad watching it happen. He's the rudest person I've ever met, not only to me but to others around him as well. He's just a straight prick to most people who he deems not on his level.

Bythar » Posted 8/1/07 5:50:00AM

Jesus he's going at it again?

I just hope he gets out of it without too much damage.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

OMG I've been waiting literally forever for Punk's return. What an amazing story! What an amazing fighter! Let's go Punk!

JLS » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by airkerma

OMG I've been waiting literally forever for Punk's return. What an amazing story! What an amazing fighter! Let's go Punk!

Shitty part is he's gonna take up 1 of the 5 PPV spots on a dope card

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

They are desperately trying to get him a win....Mike Jackson might be the worst guy to fight in the UFC outside of CM Punk so I guess anything is possible, but I would guess if the fight hits the ground, Jackson is a little bit better, I'm just not sure he trains full time like CM does which could make a difference.

[View Full Version of this Page]