MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Do you want to see Urijah Faber return?
Forum Opinion Poll
Yes 2 22%
No 7 78%

Urijah Faber reveals he’s still in USADA testing pool, open to comeback for ‘a big opportunity’   [View Full Version]
Five-Alive » Posted 3/6/12 2:55:00PM

In MMA, fighter retirements rarely stick for good, especially the first time. So when UFC Hall of Famer Urijah Faber announced he was hanging up the gloves at the end of 2016, many suspected the still spry bantamweight might eventually eventually make his way back into the Octagon once again. And it turns out, Faber himself is keeping that option ready, perhaps at a moment’s notice.

Speaking with Submission Radio over the weekend, Faber revealed that despite retiring from competition in December of 2016, he never left the USADA drug testing pool, meaning that if he ever wanted to fight again he could do so immediately instead.

Link

tildengolfer » Posted 2/19/11 9:57:00PM

Still hoping for that instant TJ title fight, eh? Never gonna happen... Plus Cody would beat the brakes of Urijah. It'd be embarrassing.

reptiler13 » Posted 4/11/11 4:01:00PM

Just don't see it happening, the only big draw would be TJ and you are right that is not going to happen.

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

I would genuinely love to see Mighty Mouse fight Faber for mighty mouses first fight at 135 if he moves up soon. It’s a good fight to get used to the size of the division and a winnable match up. Let it headline a fox card or co main for a ppv with a big title fight.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Faber can still draw a crowd, still beloved by the community and can still scrap...not a world beater anymore but I could watch him fight again...no worse than any other fighters' returns.

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

I am a Faber fan. He is not going to make another title run, but still is better than a lot of fighters at 135. He was a phenomenal fighter in his prime, always brought it, and had a pretty good run as the WEC champ. Faber was one of the first (if not the first) smaller fighters (sub 155#s) to have a huge fan base and be an ambassador to MMA. He is a big reason for the success of the WEC and eventual absorption into the UFC.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I'm not opposed to Faber as a fighter but these retirement reneges are rarely a good idea.

tildengolfer » Posted 2/19/11 9:57:00PM

As above stated, Faber still can be a top 10 guy in the division. He's still that good. But he went out early, without doing it like Chael, Tito, Couture, Machida, Penn, Liddell, etc.

[View Full Version of this Page]