MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Stipe Miocic slated to defend heavyweight title against Francis Ngannou at UFC 220   [View Full Version]
Five-Alive » Posted 3/6/12 2:55:00PM

One of the most fascinating heavyweight title fights in recent memory has been booked. And we won’t have to wait very long for it.

Stipe Miocic will defend the belt against Francis Ngannou in the main event of UFC 220 on Jan. 20 in Boston, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani on Wednesday.

Link

Five-Alive » Posted 3/6/12 2:55:00PM

With the addition, the latest UFC 220 lineup includes:

Champ Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannouo – for heavyweight title
Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Volkan Oezdemir – for light heavyweight title
Islam Makhachev vs. Gleison Tibau
Dustin Ortiz vs. Alexandre Pantoja
Thomas Almeida vs. Rob Font
Shane Burgos vs. Calvin Kattar
Kyle Bochniak vs. Brandon Davis

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

#prayforstipe

JLS » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

I like this double Title Fight for UFC 220!

Plus

Dustin Ortiz vs. Alexandre Pantoja
Thomas Almeida vs. Rob Font

Those are great fights too. Always though Ortiz was/is a Top 10 but he's fought the best of them and Pantoja is a really good fighter too.

Almeida vs Font! Need anyone need an explanation? That's a violent fight. If that goes to decision....mind blown is all!

Francis is a -160 favorite to open up btw.

Leonstolzz » Posted 6/17/17 3:11:00AM

Definitely the hardest fight to try and break the number of consecutive HW title defenses for Stipe But I'm not willing to count him just yet.
Ngannou is scarily accurate and stong but in his past couple of fights he caught guys that came in swinging wildly, which I don't think Stipe will do.
Ngannou also has had some issues with his cardio and with wrestling in some of his past fights(Curtis Blades was winning the fight until the doctor stepped in.
Zoumana Cisse, the only guy to beat him wore him down.),
and Stipe can take advantage of that.

Stipe has very underrated wrestling (watch his fight vs Hunt) and can go for 5 rounds
(watch his 1st fight against Dos Santos. Yes, I'm aware he lost that fight but it definitely wasn't because of cardio). These are two that I'm not sure Ngannou can overcome.
If Stipe fights conservatively and utilizes his takedowns and tries to wear down Ngannou, I can see him taking a decision. Or hell, if Ngannou gets impatient and comes marching forward, he could knock him out like he did Werdum.
But not of that might not even matter.
Ngannou could just knock Stipe out the 1st 30 seconds and take his belt...
along with his soul.
But hey, you never know

I'm taking Stipe. I'm not gonna give a breakdown but Stipe it is jus cus.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by JLS

#prayforjls

Posted by airkerma

Posted by JLS

#prayforjls

Francis could win, that's why he's the favorite Right?

But I'll tell you what. This is the Title Fight that I've been wanting to see at HW. Francis isn't gonna beat Stipe as easy as he did the Reem, if he wins at all.

I've also been a big supporter of Curtis Blaydes. His loss to Francis doesn't look so bad now seeing what Francis has been doing to everyone else.

[View Full Version of this Page]