MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Luke Rockhold Plans Move To Light Heavyweight After Daniel Cormier Retires   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Luke Rockhold has some unfinished business in the UFC middleweight division, but it doesn’t sound like the former champion plans on staying at 185 pounds that much longer.

On Saturday night, Rockhold dispatched former World Series of Fighting champion David Branch with an impressive second round submission due to strikes, which put him back in the win column after suffering a loss to Michael Bisping last June.

Rockhold wasted no time proclaiming his intention to go after Bisping and the middleweight title once again, but from the sound of things he’s got limited time left in the division.

Full Story

JLS » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

I use to like Rockhold, he's still a helleza fighter but he is getting more and more annoying.

AndyWarho » Posted 9/11/17 7:46:00PM

All the weight cutting may be draining Lukes brain.

tildengolfer » Posted 2/19/11 9:57:00PM

I don't see this happening anytime soon. DC will stick around for at least another year or two. Rockhold will either have to deal with the weight cut or deal with not getting a title shot @ 205 anytime soon.

Bitching About GSP, The GOAT WW, getting a title shot but the REAL #1 Contender Robert Whitaker is ok with it. Luke you're on a 1 Fight win streak, same with Weidman, calls himself the best but he's 1-3 in his last 4. Pipe down guys.

Ninja_Nicoya » Posted 9/18/17 3:33:00PM

He should go up now and forget the title.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Posted by JLS

Bitching About GSP, The GOAT WW, getting a title shot but the REAL #1 Contender Robert Whitaker is ok with it. Luke you're on a 1 Fight win streak, same with Weidman, calls himself the best but he's 1-3 in his last 4. Pipe down guys.

This is a great debate starter...the whole money fight vs rankings generated match making and all.

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by JLS

This is a great debate starter...the whole money fight vs rankings generated match making and all.

I think i got your point jae.

Have Bisping defend and get paid against GSP. If Bisping wins he fights Whitaker and GSP retires. GSP wins and the very talented humble #1 Contender will get his Title shot and payday and Belt.

Meanwhile Rockhold vs Romero works.

[View Full Version of this Page]