Who's the current P4P king?
Forum Opinion Poll
Demetrious Johnson 14 61%
Conor McGrego 0 0%
Daniel Cormier 1 4%
Jon Jones 6 26%
Joanna Jedrzejczyk 0 0%
Don King 2 9%

Dana White responds to DJ, says McGregor is the pound-for-pound best   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson made a stand this week against the organization, and now UFC president Dana White has fired back.

Johnson, the current No. 1 ranked pound-for-pound fighter on the UFC’s official rankings, released an explosive, lengthy statement Monday in which the flyweight champion accused the UFC of widespread “mistreatment and bullying” and criticized the promotion for a variety of issues, ranging from White’s negotiating tactics for Johnson’s next fight — a bout that could see Johnson break the all-time record for consecutive title defenses set by Anderson Silva — to the UFC’s handling of the flyweight division altogether. Johnson then elaborated on those issues in a wide-ranging interview Monday on The MMA Hour.

Full Story

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

lol loses to Nate Diaz, never defends a belt, but makes the company the most money so obviously he is p4p #1

UFC is a joke.

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

Posted by xdanish020

lol loses to Nate Diaz, never defends a belt, but makes the company the most money so obviously he is p4p #1

UFC is a joke.

Is the UFC a joke or is Dana White a joke? To me, Dana is a relic from a bygone era. He and Zuffa took over the UFC during a time when their presence/business tactics and White's personality were probably needed, but now their time has passed and people like Dana aren't necessary anymore. We don't need a brazen president anymore who speaks his mind in a Trump-ian anybody who disagrees with me is a "fucking goof" type of way. The way Dana talks to his fighters, and even the fans is completely unnecessary and unwarranted. We use critical thinking to analyze moves he makes and things he says and he takes to twitter to call us idiots. I'd say it's probably more Dana than the UFC as a whole, though the promotion itself could use a retooling in terms of how it handles fighter relations as well.

tildengolfer » Posted 2/19/11 9:57:00PM

I voted DJ because...
1. Conor lost to Diaz then came back and won by decision. He didn't avenge the loss in my eyes. He won. But this needs a trilogy rematch. He took his decision won and ran from Diaz.
2. Cormier lost to jones and needs to avenge that loss in a dominant fashion to begin to even be part of the argument for p4p
3. Jones being out for so long negates his argument for p4p and his fight with OSP solidifies this argument against him.
4. DJ has cleaned out the entire division. They even made a TUF champions so he could fight the best from outside the orginaztion. And the guys who should be champ if DJ wasn't there: JoBen, Cejudo, Elliott all got smashed by DJ. He finished most of the division, minus a few. He submitted a black belt (Reis), he stifled the TD's from an Olympic wrestler (Cejudo). DJ is the p4p best in the UFC IMHO.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Conor's incredible. He ain't the P4P best.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

JLS » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Jones or Mighty Mouse

[View Full Version of this Page]