MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Fabian Edwards   [View Full Version]
Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

So recently I went into fight management. We signed a guy who we felt could make it all the way to the UFC. On Friday he made his pro debut on the undercard of Bellator 179. Did you guys see it, what did you think?

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

The end of the fight, for anyone that hasn't seen it:

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

The kid seems awesome, right now I'd like to see him stay in Bellator so that way if he ever does choose to go to the UFC he can get a good contract instead of making like $10K a fight. In the UFC fighters need negotiating power that comes with fame and success, he can get that in Bellator...he goes to early and he could end up defending a belt for like only $65K...that would be a shame.

At the moment he is signed to Bamma, we have 4 fights left on a 5 fight contract. Once that is up hopefully we can then get onto one of the bigger promotions.

FKA » Posted 12/23/14 7:13:00PM

Nice finish of a journeyman in his pro debut but obvious too early to truly judge his overall abilitys.

Hope he does well in bamma.

The guy wasnt a journeyman, he was 4-0 as an amateur and 2 and 0 as a pro.

FKA » Posted 12/23/14 7:13:00PM

So he was a fellow noob to pro mma.....my original statement remains accurate.

JLS » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by FKA

So he was a fellow noob to pro mma.....my original statement remains accurate.

You're right about being new to Pro MMA. But in all reality Fabian, Leon Edwards brother, could've went pro a while ago. He was 10-0 as an ammy. So you're right about being new as a Pro but he's not new to fighting. He just didn't rush himself and now he's got a bright future ahead of him.

I've honestly never heard of guys being referred to as journeymen at this stage in their careers though. Not trying to argue here though.

A jouney men is somebody with a mixed or losing record. Not 2 undefeated fighters.

Ray, I don't think it's necessary to rush him into a fight with Yannick Bahati yet, doubt he'd get that opportunity yet.

But maybe a fight with Matthew Hallam, Andy DeVent, Bola Omoyele, Chris Fields or Cheick Kone could be next. I'm sure there's a ton of other options out there but those are just a few off the top of my head.

He wont fight Yannick as they are training partners. Weve already agreed to his next fight. Just waiting for it to be announced. The plan is to be 5-0 by the end of his 12 month.contract with bamma

Posted by Rabi

He wont fight Yannick as they are training partners. Weve already agreed to his next fight. Just waiting for it to be announced. The plan is to be 5-0 by the end of his 12 month.contract with bamma

I hear you.

I was just simply stating there's a whole slew of MW's in the UK (BAMMA) circuit that he could fight and gave some examples.

Give me a heads up for his next fight in due time and as long as his opponent isn't terrible I'll put him in the Best Of The Rest (L2) league.

xdanish020 » Posted 9/22/08 2:18:00AM

Just to update.......Fabian Edwards is now 2-0....he won his last fight by RNC in the second round.

And his next fight will be Bamma in December. Opponent TBC. Hopefully he will be in the UFC thia time next year.

[View Full Version of this Page]