MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Who do you want to see McGregor fight next?
Forum Opinion Poll
Khabib Nurmagomedov 10 42%
Tony Ferguson 5 21%
Jose Aldo 3 13%
Max Holloway 1 4%
Donald Cerrone 2 8%
Tyron Woodley 3 13%

Who do you want to see McGregor fight next?   [View Full Version]
jbmoviefan » Posted 6/15/11 5:17:00PM

We all know Khabib is by far the most worthy candidate at LW, and the same could likely be said of Aldo at FW.

You could certainly make an argument for Holloway and Ferguson based on their respective winning streaks.

Cowboy only has one loss in his last twelve and would bring fireworks to Connor's first LW title defense.

A three division champion? How could anyone not love the idea of McGregor vs Woodley?

Who would you like to see Connor fight next, and why?

I went with the Holloway rematch because I'd love to see McGregor rightfully defend his FW belt next. Max has the stand-up skills and reach to compete with Connor standing. Combine that with the ground skills and experience he's gained since their last match and you've got a war on your hands.

I wanted to pick Aldo as I feel he's the most deserving and the one who's been most disrespected. But his whiny attitude and super conservative performance against Frankie have him low in my book of must sees right now.

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

Probably Ferguson, he's like 5"11 and would match Conor with reach...Alvarez had a massive reach disadvantage last night which was really obvious.. Holloway is a good one too but I don't believe he could make the 145 limit anymore

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

I want to see McGregor fight Khabib Nurnagomedov.

Is it just because you want to see Connor get smash? Or do you think he actually stands a chance against Khabib?

I want to see what happens when he faces a real world-class wrestler.

Five-Alive » Posted 3/6/12 2:55:00PM

I wanna see GSP GSP GSP GSP!!!!

Just fucking around....or am I?

It was a close pick for me, between Khabib and Woodley. I like Khabib if Conor decides he wants to defend his lightweight belt. I know Tony's won 9 straight in the UFC, but Khabib's undefeated in 24 fights and dominated Michael Johnson his last fight. Dominated him so bad that he was yelling crap at Dana during the fight while beating up Johnson. Him and Conor have had an altercation with each other recently which helps hype the fight. Plus, Khabib was given 2 contracts for the lightweight against Eddie (one for 205 and one for 206) which he signed but Eddie never for obvious reasons. If Conor's defending the lightweight belt next it has to be agaisnt Khabib. Sorry Tony Ferguson, but at least you have an emoji here on the pg.

With all that said, I actually picked Woodley. Sometimes you have to take an opportunity while it's there and if you don;t it's gone for good. The only way I see Conor fighting Woodley "EVER" is if they fight each other next. If they fight other opponents and one of them loses, which is what I think happens, than so much for Conor and Woodley fighting in a fight that would bring a lot of hype and views. For entertainment purposes, I think Woodley is the best Choice. The beef that's been built up this last week between the two of them, the fact they fought on the same card, the hype of Conor going for a 3rd title in a different weightclass, both their life backgrounds. IT would make for a big selling fight and if they don;t make it now it will likely never get made. You gotta get it while the getting's good and right now it's good.

When it comes to Featherweight, I don't know why so many people say they don;t think Conor can make the weight. The guy fought so many of his fights there and is the UFC Champion of that division. If he wanted to he could go back down to 145 no problem. He's done it countless times before and he can do it again. It's not like he's grown taller and wider in the last year. IF Featherweight is the direction he wants to go in next, then I think there's no doubt it has to be Aldo since Aldo is the interim champion. If Aldo wasn;t the interim Champion them maybe it could be someone like Holloway, but with Aldo holding the interim belt you have to let him fight the champion to unify the belts. I don;t think there's getting around that, just like there was no getting around not showing up to the UFC 200 presser but still expecting to fight.

Either,
Woodley vs. McGregor - for the Welterweight title
McGregor vs. Nurmagomedov - for the Lightweight title
McGregor vs. Aldo 2 - to unify the Featherweight titles

That's the order I'd put it in....unless GSP GSP GSP GSP!!!!

Just fucking around....or am I?

Volcano1990 » Posted 7/17/16 1:41:00AM

Khabib for sure, the dude is 24-0!! and called mcgregor a chicken, would love to see that fight

lol, I didn't even consider GSP. I guess that would be the biggest FU to the rest of the fighters. No, I'm not gonna defend my 45 or 55 belt against a worthy contender, but instead fight a guy who hasn't competed in 3 years, and we're gonna scarp it out at 170. The more I think about the more I believe this is EXACTLY what Connor will do. I've heard GSP say several times that he can make 155, so I hope they at least fight for a belt if it does indeed happen. If there's any conceivable way though for McG to make FW again he owes it to the division to defend his belt, if only once.

I do agree that Khabib calling out Connor definitely helps his chances for the title shot, but as someone mentioned earlier he'll probably have to fight Ferguson first, which I'm guessing will be a better fight that either Tony or Khabib vs McGregor. I just can't around the idea that either of these guys would slaughter Connor.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Anyone not named diaz

reptiler13 » Posted 4/11/11 4:01:00PM

I would love to see Khabib fight him next, just for the simple fact that McG is ducking him.

fitbill » Posted 12/4/16 5:40:00PM

Conor seems really great fighter. He smashed EDDIE like it was a joke .. he did what he just said .. he knocked him down ..

But we all have doubts .. we want him to fight against the best and only the best of MMA .. KAHIM is undefeated .. so thats what we want to see .. CONOR vs KAHIM makes more sense than everything else ..

But his last game was from the most enjoyable fights that I ever saw .. we have to admit that CONOR wins his opponents with style and he is funny at the same time ..

Posted by fitbill

Conor seems really great fighter. He smashed EDDIE like it was a joke .. he did what he just said .. he knocked him down ..

But we all have doubts .. we want him to fight against the best and only the best of MMA .. KAHIM is undefeated .. so thats what we want to see .. CONOR vs KAHIM makes more sense than everything else ..

But his last game was from the most enjoyable fights that I ever saw .. we have to admit that CONOR wins his opponents with style and he is funny at the same time ..

Who's KAHIM?

He's referring to Khabib Nurmagomedov.

[View Full Version of this Page]