MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White calls Dublin 'the best fight town on the planet'   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

UFC president Dana White is quick to praise any fight town which shows up and droves and pays big money for one of his events.

So you generally have to take his words with a grain of salt. But, given Saturday's UFC Fight Night 76 card in Dublin sold out in five minutes, then an enthusiastic crowd still showed up at 3Arena and made noise throughout a card which lost it's main event and co-main event, maybe White, an Irishman from Boston, means it this time...

Link

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I am glad they impressed, hopefully the next card is viewable without a damn fight pass subscription.

Bythar » Posted 8/1/07 5:50:00AM

In light of this I'm sure Dana will give us a great card next time...oh wait, no he won't.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Best place on the planet for a beer can or cup to hit you

GDPofMPG » Posted 2/22/08 6:29:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Bustamante-Aoki » Posted 5/22/09 8:18:00PM

Dana said the same thing about Toronto & Ontario (in general) 4 years ago, and now we're dead to him.

They don't allow cans at sporting events for good reason

In Scotland, the only time you can't drink alcohol in public is before and after a big football game. I wonder if it's the same in Ireland? They definitely get rowdy at sports events in the UK.

moob » Posted 2/24/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Dana said the same thing about Toronto & Ontario (in general) 4 years ago, and now we're dead to him.

In Scotland, the only time you can't drink alcohol in public is before and after a big football game. I wonder if it's the same in Ireland? They definitely get rowdy at sports events in the UK.

It's illegal drink in public in most of Scotland actually, dunno where you get your 'facts' from.

This card was a disaster, Dana trying to sell sand to Arabs again.

I'm reliably informed there were at least 3000 empty seats.

Wez » Posted 6/29/12 12:07:00AM

New York is a great fight-town.... oh wait

Braden » Posted 3/6/12 2:55:00PM

Posted by GDPofMPG

I'm a little concerned about getting drenched in beer right after the Aldo/McGregor bout. I've heard they throw beer in celebration and now it's obvious they also throw beer in disappointment.. I don't drink so even more of a reason for not wanting to get drenched in alcohol.

I literally might bring my raincoat to that event and put it on during Aldo/McGregor...

Bustamante-Aoki » Posted 5/22/09 8:18:00PM

Posted by moob

It's illegal drink in public in most of Scotland actually, dunno where you get your 'facts' from.

I was born there, got lots of family there, and have visited many times. Maybe the laws have changed or my cousins were bullshitting me but we always drank in public, and never had problems.

moob » Posted 2/24/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by moob

I was born there, got lots of family there, and have visited many times. Maybe the laws have changed or my cousins were bullshitting me but we always drank in public, and never had problems.

Laws about drinking in public changed about 15 years ago.

[View Full Version of this Page]