Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Roger Huerta

Print  
Should Roger Huerta be fighting tougher guys
YES 38 86%
NO 1 2%
i am retarded 5 11%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

JWils

Standup Guy

JWils Avatar

Career:1,467-773
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

I'd like to see him fighting some tougher fighters, It just annoys me when fighters get fed can after can to build them up. He would improve quicker by fighting tougher fighters too; you learn more from a loss to a good fighter than you do from a win over a bum!

I like how many people feel that guys are "bums" just because they haven't fought in the UFC before. Who knew who Huerta was before he faught Garcia?

There is so much competition in the UFC now, not everyone will win 2 fights and be able to fight for the title or get a fight against a top level fighter.

I say let's just sit back and enjoy the fights and let things work themselves out. If he's the real deal, his "tough" opponents will come.

Don't hate on the guy just because some photographer took a photo and his boss decided it was the coolest picture to put on the cover of a magazine.

Post #16   7/31/07 5:56:11PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
Its not His fault.He doesnt pick and choose who he fights.So you cant blame him.

Post #17   7/31/07 6:17:10PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I think it's just plain stupid that Dana would say that he won't make the same mistakes as the "evil boxing promoters" and would protect a fighter like this. That's one of the worst aspects of boxing, padding records and showing completely uncompelling fights...

Damn shame, IMO... Although the Garcia fight was

Oh, I think he should fight Frankie Edgar

Post #18   7/31/07 6:21:17PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
In Huerta is the future end of story

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #19   7/31/07 7:00:07PM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
He absolutely needs tougher fights. He has had 3-4 fights with non-top 15 guys and is on the maincard over Guida/Aurelio and Babalu. Guida/Griffin are both fighting tough fights but yet again Huerta gets another can. If his next fight isn't with someone that is top 10 in the UFC it is obvious they are protecting him (which I believe they are now actually)

Post #20   7/31/07 7:28:45PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
He needs to step up big time, Even the Ultimate fighter 5 roster would be a good step up. Give him either nate diaz or kenny florian (kenny would be a #1 contender fight)

Post #21   7/31/07 7:46:00PM   

pjs2496

Learning to Sprawl

pjs2496 Avatar

Career:100-66
Chips:
What about him against joe stevenson?

Post #22   7/31/07 11:53:47PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
huerta hasnt fought a guy in the ufc who has had a win in the ufc at the time they have fought.

crane has a good record vs sub-par competition (sub .500 record) and ended most of them by submission.

what im hoping is that huerta destroys crane, and then they put him against a real fighter (frank edgar, tyson griffin, or spencer fischer) and because of his hype they give him the over dog. ill make a lot of money off that day.

Post #23   8/1/07 12:11:15AM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
I love how more people have voted im retarded than he souldnt fave thougher competition

Post #24   8/1/07 12:32:21AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by JWils

I like how many people feel that guys are "bums" just because they haven't fought in the UFC before. Who knew who Huerta was before he faught Garcia?

Even if Huerta is fighting debuting fighters, they aren't great competition, and he most likely won't keep on fighting newcomers, but I doubt UFC is going to put him up against anyone who could really give him a tough time, because UFC most likely want to protect him, to make him into someone that the Latin demographic can really get behind. In the mean time, it just makes for boring fights, because even in Huerta's last fight, when he started to look a little exposed, it still wasnt as good as say, Huerta vs Fisher or Huerta versus Griffin could have been.

I know that Huerta, at least for his first few fights, needed to fight low level competition, just like most other newcomers, he couldnt just step right in against the best, but I hope UFC doesnt make a habit of keeping him on easier fights.

Post #25   8/1/07 7:13:52AM   

JWils

Standup Guy

JWils Avatar

Career:1,467-773
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by JWils

Even if Huerta is fighting debuting fighters, they aren't great competition, and he most likely won't keep on fighting newcomers, but I doubt UFC is going to put him up against anyone who could really give him a tough time, because UFC most likely want to protect him, to make him into someone that the Latin demographic can really get behind. In the mean time, it just makes for boring fights, because even in Huerta's last fight, when he started to look a little exposed, it still wasnt as good as say, Huerta vs Fisher or Huerta versus Griffin could have been.

I know that Huerta, at least for his first few fights, needed to fight low level competition, just like most other newcomers, he couldnt just step right in against the best, but I hope UFC doesnt make a habit of keeping him on easier fights.

Fair enough. I will agree with you on this one if he beats Crane and then fights another UFC newcomer.

Post #26   8/1/07 9:08:10AM   

mrlfromhell

Learning to Sprawl

mrlfromhell Avatar

Career:148-77
Chips:
He is probably getting easy oppenents because he is an entertaining fighter and the ufc dosent want to see him lose

Post #27   8/1/07 12:50:23PM   

scoozna

10 Year Service Award Winner

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,957-1,723
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by the-james

There is no question he sould be fighting thouger competition, but the ufc is trying to build him up for the for the mexican audience for a possible expansion into mexico and i dont really blame they need a spanish fighter for them to cheer fo

That's a bold claim, and insulting to huerta if untrue. Do you have a link to support this?

Post #28   8/1/07 1:18:07PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:
I actually agree with that statement, I remember reading an interview with Dana where he mentioned reaching out to the hispanic community and mentioning garcia and huerta specifically. Whether he's actually getting babied or just being used to test newcomers is up in the air, but it is true that he's being used as a poster-boy for the hispanic mma community. Any promoter loves a marketable product, huerta is one of very few fighters whose face has not been mangled with massive cauliflower ears, he's hispanic, and he's undefeated.

He's good and pretty well-rounded but he's not nearly as good as people make him out to be IMO. I think against someone like Nick Diaz or BJ Penn he would get completely crushed.

Post #29   8/1/07 1:55:49PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
put him up against frankie edgar, thats a evenly match fight or another good fight for him would be Kenflo (that would be a great fight)

Post #30   8/1/07 2:38:27PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3