Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wager Reset

Print  
Posted By Message

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:3,141-1,956
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Do we still need to rely on outside forces to get this done, or can someone local reset the wagers?

Post #1   9/25/20 1:20:51PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,312-1,386
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The event is going to start in under 7 and a half hours, and wagers still need to be reset... There’s some people that don’t even have $1,000 in their bankroll. If it doesn’t get reset, then is this event a wash?

Post #2   9/26/20 11:35:32AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:
Not for the picks, but it will be for the wagers if we can't get this reset.

Post #3   9/26/20 1:33:24PM   

Sakurabason

Learning to Sprawl

Sakurabason Avatar

Career:484-328
Chips:
The playground just ain't what it used to be.

Post #4   9/26/20 2:25:38PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Usually, who resets the wagers?

Post #5   9/26/20 3:06:41PM   

Nathan_Arizona

MMA Regular

Nathan_Arizona Avatar

Career:1,712-1,038
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
16 Hours after the finished event:

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 9/27/20 3:51PM server time by Nathan_Arizona
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   9/27/20 3:49:53PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,936-1,884
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
My vote is to scrap event and start fresh and new with next event.

Post #7   9/27/20 5:06:21PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:
nvm

Last edited 10/21/20 9:35AM server time by braden
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   10/20/20 9:31:53PM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Chips:
From me to Stone:

Hey man, just wanted to say thanks for manually setting the betting lines this last 3 events! If you recall I've advocated for this forever as it makes doing well in the wagers so much more relevant. I'm curious what you've been using to set the odds? No complaints as they've been spon on to what I'd have set, but it would be nice to have a fixed standard so that even if you don't set them, they can still be set in exactly the same manner. Setting them by the real money bets also gives us a consistent timeframe to have all the odds up, so we can have them all set with 96 hours to event lockout, and no additions within 48 hours (just like the picks).

From Stone to me:

They have been done for a little while now, just not every fight. The last season or 2 (since the pandemic) there had been a lot less time for them to automatically go through, so Card was updating all of the odds when we didn't have enough players, as a ton of fights were being added Thursdays and Fridays.

After the first event of this season where it messed up all of the wagers, a lot of people were worried about the status of the site, and so I updated them 48 hours out to let people know that we were still going forward. It also says to do this in the admin version of the site.

JLS seemed to have liked this, and asked me to do it going forward. He asked me to do it Wednesday nights (72 hours out) and to use bestfightodds current odds. So, that's what we have been doing. He has done one since, I have done the rest. I take a screenshot each time that I do it, so that if people do complain about anything being skewed, I have hard proof that they are coming from somewhere specific. And then I just round to the closest 5. -123 = -125, -122 = 120.

The End

Hope that clears it up for everyone. Personally I'd like to continue with the manually set wagers exactly as presented above, seems perfect to me. Does anyone even have an argument for keeping the site generated odds? The only argument I see is the fun of running up huge bankrolls with broken odds, which can be entertaining. That said I think it would be awesome to consistently have the betting in this game reflect real skill, just like the picking side of the game does. Hope to hear some thoughts on this, or at least no complaints, since I feel this change has been a long time coming.

Post #9   10/21/20 12:40:06AM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

From me to Stone:

Hey man, just wanted to say thanks for manually setting the betting lines this last 3 events! If you recall I've advocated for this forever as it makes doing well in the wagers so much more relevant. I'm curious what you've been using to set the odds? No complaints as they've been spon on to what I'd have set, but it would be nice to have a fixed standard so that even if you don't set them, they can still be set in exactly the same manner. Setting them by the real money bets also gives us a consistent timeframe to have all the odds up, so we can have them all set with 96 hours to event lockout, and no additions within 48 hours (just like the picks).

From Stone to me:

They have been done for a little while now, just not every fight. The last season or 2 (since the pandemic) there had been a lot less time for them to automatically go through, so Card was updating all of the odds when we didn't have enough players, as a ton of fights were being added Thursdays and Fridays.

After the first event of this season where it messed up all of the wagers, a lot of people were worried about the status of the site, and so I updated them 48 hours out to let people know that we were still going forward. It also says to do this in the admin version of the site.

JLS seemed to have liked this, and asked me to do it going forward. He asked me to do it Wednesday nights (72 hours out) and to use bestfightodds current odds. So, that's what we have been doing. He has done one since, I have done the rest. I take a screenshot each time that I do it, so that if people do complain about anything being skewed, I have hard proof that they are coming from somewhere specific. And then I just round to the closest 5. -123 = -125, -122 = 120.

The End

Hope that clears it up for everyone. Personally I'd like to continue with the manually set wagers exactly as presented above, seems perfect to me. Does anyone even have an argument for keeping the site generated odds? The only argument I see is the fun of running up huge bankrolls with broken odds, which can be entertaining. That said I think it would be awesome to consistently have the betting in this game reflect real skill, just like the picking side of the game does. Hope to hear some thoughts on this, or at least no complaints, since I feel this change has been a long time coming.

Thank you for some clarity, man. I don't understand why this couldn't have been publicly posted here (where people are asking what's going on) instead of privately sent around to a select few, that's the only problem I have.

I'm fine with doing either, I'd just like some consistency and some clarity when things like this happen.

Post #10   10/21/20 7:45:56PM