Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

T.J. Dillashaw accepts two-year suspension from USADA after positive drug test

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,376-2,966
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Former UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaw has accepted a two-year suspension after testing positive for recombinant human erythropoietin (rHuEPO), the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency announced on Tuesday.

Full Story

Post #1   4/9/19 11:29:58PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,637-1,695
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
TJs career is over Imo. He won't come back the same. 2 years is an eternity in MMA. Sport passes you by quick

Post #2   4/10/19 9:38:39PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,430-1,527
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by george112

TJs career is over Imo. He won't come back the same. 2 years is an eternity in MMA. Sport passes you by quick

It's even worse for the smaller guys. He'll never see gold again

Post #3   4/11/19 5:32:27AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,640-1,857
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
If he’s been on EPO the whole time. There is a reality he will never ascend to the top again. Some fighters get so mentally reliant on the juice that they have mental hurdles to overcome. Plus in 2 years the games gonna change. Such a bummer to hear TJ has been a snake this whole time.

Also, there’s a question posed, “why does TJ get so much more hate than others who have tested positive?” I’ll tell you why. When the test results came out, he immediately relinquished his belt. To me that’s an immediate admittance or guilt. He didn’t fight it. So yeah. TJs gonna get it hard for knowingly juicing. If he denied it, the public would be more receptive if the results because he’s a likable guy. Fans could be inclined to believe he didn’t do it intentionally.

Post #4   4/11/19 4:36:45PM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,849-1,739
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Should have played the ED card like Silva, as a little guy I could have believed he was just looking for all the help he could get

Post #5   4/12/19 9:46:32AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,438-1,397
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

If he’s been on EPO the whole time. There is a reality he will never ascend to the top again. Some fighters get so mentally reliant on the juice that they have mental hurdles to overcome. Plus in 2 years the games gonna change. Such a bummer to hear TJ has been a snake this whole time.

Also, there’s a question posed, “why does TJ get so much more hate than others who have tested positive?” I’ll tell you why. When the test results came out, he immediately relinquished his belt. To me that’s an immediate admittance or guilt. He didn’t fight it. So yeah. TJs gonna get it hard for knowingly juicing. If he denied it, the public would be more receptive if the results because he’s a likable guy. Fans could be inclined to believe he didn’t do it intentionally.

I agree with what you’re saying but I think it’s better he admitted guilt straight away. With EPO it’s just blatant cheating and I don’t think any of the public would sympathize with him if he denied it. Better to get it over and done with now, in 2 years time the backlash would have died down and people would generally want to see what shape he is in. No way he is getting a title shot on his return but I’m sure he’d be getting as difficult match up as possible.

Post #6   4/17/19 8:43:00PM