Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Former UFC welterweight champions Tyron Woodley, Robbie Lawler set for June rematch

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

JDS

JLS Avatar

Career:5,058-2,704
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
A pair of former welterweight champions will square off in a June 29 rematch as Tyron Woodley and Robbie Lawler have agreed verbally to meet at UFC Fight Night in Minneapolis.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the news to ESPN's Brett Okamoto on Wednesday with the bout scheduled to headline an ESPN card at Target Center.

Woodley (19-4-1) signed on for a relatively quick return after losing his 170-pound title via dominant decision loss to Kamaru Usman at UFC 235 on March 2. The loss snapped a seven-fight unbeaten streak for the 36-year-old Woodley.

Link

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   3/27/19 7:48:01PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,568-1,807
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
A lot of questions will be answered. I don’t know if Usman has the key to beating Tyron or if he’s not into it anymore. Before his pay title defense he was on the dumb tmz show, making rap videos and songs and acting. Did it distract him? We all know robbie pulls no punches in life. True fighter. Will be a close one.

Post #2   3/28/19 5:40:24PM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,358-1,927
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
I am not a fan of this fight. We need fresh matchups. Outside of maybe Robbie asking for this fight I don’t see why to make this fight. Lawler could use a step back in competition he hasn’t won since he beat Cerrone in 2016 I believe.

I would have rather seen Woodly fight Masvidal, Edwards or Ponz. All guys deserve a big fight and woodly has a high rank and they’re all fresh fights.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #3   3/28/19 6:16:41PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,568-1,807
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

I am not a fan of this fight. We need fresh matchups. Outside of maybe Robbie asking for this fight I don’t see why to make this fight. Lawler could use a step back in competition he hasn’t won since he beat Cerrone in 2016 I believe.

Cerrone fight was July 2017. Then lost a UD to RDA. Then he ‘lost’ to Askren which Herb admitted to botching that fight. A fight in which he was clearly winning. So one could argue Robbie might be able argue for a title shot with a dramatic finish of Woodley.

Post #4   4/1/19 2:57:43PM