Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Most memorable moments in MMA history?

Print  
Posted By Message

Tuffenuf

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
So to repeat the title, in your opinion, what are the most memorable moments in the history of MMA. The events that always stick out to you when you look back.

For me it would have to be the superfight between Fedor and Cro cop and TUF season one- especially the finale. There's also that brutal beating the cris cyborg gave to Jan finney that seemed to last forever at the time. Completely overshadowed the Fedor fight at that event imo.

Last edited 1/30/19 12:23PM server time by Tuffenuf
Edit note/reason: n/a

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   1/30/19 12:21:15PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:6,483-3,863
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
My most memorable moment is when Fedor Emelianenko defeated Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at PRIDE 25.

Last edited 2/2/19 9:49AM server time by tepid55
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   1/30/19 12:32:21PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,933-3,934
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
It's odd but; Leben vs Akiyama...my brother and I just had a fucking blast...

Another odd one is being on the phone with a friend hating on Jon Fitch right as Johnny Hendricks knocked him out...it was fate...the MMA Gods smiled upon us that day!

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #3   2/1/19 12:18:15PM   

tattflash

Belt Contender

tattflash Avatar

Career:5,340-3,766
Chips:
A strange one for me but memorable all the same, Ian Freeman vs Frank Mir in the "Brawl At The Hall" Freeman had just lost his dad to cancer, but had not been told as it was fight day. An emotional and violent frenzied fight in the highlight of his career in an emotionally charged venue.
Also Genki Sudo entrance on the fight same card against a young Leigh Remedios, my first baptism into MMA.

My next one was several years later and saw BJ Penn bloody up Joe Daddy Stevenson in my local city, again a super charged atmosphere with some fighters choosing to wear "Toon" tops to get the crowd on their side

Post #4   3/23/19 9:54:59AM