Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ex-champ Cody Garbrandt returns vs. Pedro Munhoz at UFC 235

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

JDS

JLS Avatar

Career:5,044-2,691
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
A bantamweight bout between former UFC champion Cody Garbrandt and Brazilian contender Pedro Munhoz is the latest addition to March’s stacked UFC 235 lineup.

Garbrandt (11-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) verified the matchup with Munhoz (17-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) on social media following an initial report from ESPN.com (via Twitter):

Link

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   1/7/19 5:27:46AM   

JLS

JDS

JLS Avatar

Career:5,044-2,691
Chips:
This card is insanely stacked.

Jones vs Smith is still yet to be confirmed because it's in Vegas. With or without Bones fighting this card is nice. It'd be better with Jones vs Smith of course.

Gotta think Namajunas will be defending by 236 or 237. I like her but jeez it's time to defend that belt already...

Post #2   1/7/19 6:06:53AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,994-3,969
Chips:
Makes sense for both men, I like it!

Post #3   1/8/19 12:05:50AM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,353-1,922
Chips:
I really don’t want to see Garbrandt fight anyone but Lineker. It’s time for that fight !!!

Post #4   1/8/19 3:37:12PM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Looking forward to yelling "ALPHA FAIL!" after the finish or decision is read.

Post #5   1/10/19 11:19:19AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,560-1,804
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Not the best fight for Cody. Yeah, he was champ and give him all the credit in the world but the hardcore fans saw his gain at the belt was due to years and years of TAM putting together the puzzle pieces to finally beat Cruz. Cody was also a tornado of a human being on his way to the belt, fighters grew weary to engage because of his power. Now TJ has exposed him, twice and displayed Cody can be lured into a slugfest because of his age/experience inside the cage. A few more years and I believe he will change, but how much is the question? You can't expect to fight like Wanderlei/Chuck forever and climb the ranks. Cody's biggest weakness is his inability to stick to a game plan and not let his emotions take hold. Pedro should pick his shots, time to counter Cody and keep shooting and it should be a long 15 min for Cody.

Post #6   1/11/19 4:41:55PM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,353-1,922
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Not the best fight for Cody. Yeah, he was champ and give him all the credit in the world but the hardcore fans saw his gain at the belt was due to years and years of TAM putting together the puzzle pieces to finally beat Cruz. Cody was also a tornado of a human being on his way to the belt, fighters grew weary to engage because of his power. Now TJ has exposed him, twice and displayed Cody can be lured into a slugfest because of his age/experience inside the cage. A few more years and I believe he will change, but how much is the question? You can't expect to fight like Wanderlei/Chuck forever and climb the ranks. Cody's biggest weakness is his inability to stick to a game plan and not let his emotions take hold. Pedro should pick his shots, time to counter Cody and keep shooting and it should be a long 15 min for Cody.

Completely agree and wanted to prop you but won’t let me. Cody only got the shot because Cruz vs alpha male and like you said it was only a matter of time until alpha male built the right game plan. I really wanna see Lineker and him go at it so badly since John may trust his iron jaw to much and wade into Cody’s power. Or John walks Cody down makes him brawl and Cody’s chin gives out first. Either way it will be dynamic.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #7   1/12/19 2:52:27AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,560-1,804
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by tildengolfer

Completely agree and wanted to prop you but won’t let me. Cody only got the shot because Cruz vs alpha male and like you said it was only a matter of time until alpha male built the right game plan. I really wanna see Lineker and him go at it so badly since John may trust his iron jaw to much and wade into Cody’s power. Or John walks Cody down makes him brawl and Cody’s chin gives out first. Either way it will be dynamic.

Thanks buddy, I’ve stopped giving props some time ago because I can’t props a single individual on this site because there’s so few of us here.

Post #8   1/13/19 1:58:16PM