Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz rematch set for UFC Brooklyn

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:5,328-2,857
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Joseph Benavidez was originally due to fight Deiveson Figueiredo at UFC 233, but now he has a different foe and date.

Link

Post #1   12/16/18 5:35:50PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,700-1,913
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
This fight does not make sense. I’ve been noticing a lot of fights at FLyweight that seem perplexing to say the least. I’d guess with the dissolving of the division that everyone is scrambling to make a fight in the case they get cut and have to look elsewhere for work.

Post #2   12/21/18 2:49:33AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

This fight does not make sense. I’ve been noticing a lot of fights at FLyweight that seem perplexing to say the least. I’d guess with the dissolving of the division that everyone is scrambling to make a fight in the case they get cut and have to look elsewhere for work.

I get some folks don't like the Flyweight fights. But seriously try and come up with a Worldwide Top 10 or 15 list. Its a solid list of fighters.

Now do this for the Women's Featherweight Division.

Now with the addition of The Women's Flyweight Division. You got 2 Divisions, WSW and WBW that just weakened.

Long story They should keep the Men's Flyweight.

Post #3   12/21/18 9:38:41PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,517-1,434
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by tildengolfer

I get some folks don't like the Flyweight fights. But seriously try and come up with a Worldwide Top 10 or 15 list. Its a solid list of fighters.

Now with the addition of The Women's Flyweight Division. You got 2 Divisions, WSW and WBW that just weakened.

The fact that the ufc will not have a men’s flyweight will annoy me for a long while

Post #4   12/21/18 10:32:46PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by JLS

Posted by tildengolfer

The fact that the ufc will not have a men’s flyweight will annoy me for a long while

And you have those fans out there that will say Mighty Mouse is not that good.He's hiding in the weak Flyweight Division. That's not true at all when you look at his size 5'3" and you look at for example Ulka Sasaki at 5'10".

Meanwhile you got folks out there that say there is a need for a Cruiserweight and/or Super HW. Those Divisions have weaker Top 10s overall than Flyweight imo.

Post #5   12/24/18 2:19:01PM