Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Max Holloway confident health issues behind him as UFC 231 nears

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,402-1,682
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Everyone knows it has been a forgettable year for UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway. After claiming the 145-pound title and defending it once in 2017, Holloway (19-3) has failed to even make it to competition this year.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   11/29/18 5:50:40PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,402-1,682
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway withdrew from a superfight vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov in April due to weight cutting issues, and withdrew from a title defense vs. Brian Ortega in July due to concussion-like symptoms. The latter fight has been rescheduled for UFC 231 on 12/8, and Blessed expects no issues: "We've got an ongoing investigation, so I've been told not to comment on everything yet. The UFC and Toronto commission has my medicals and said we're good to go, so I ain't worried about it. People are going to ask and be concerned, and I love people for that. That fight week in July, something went wrong after my first meal about eight days out. We gave it a couple days, but it just got worse. I hadn't even started cutting weight. I was actually eating 2,500 calories a day. My kidneys showed it wasn't related to weight cutting -- and if it was, I'm pretty sure the UFC would restrict me. And the UFC doctor said my scans showed it wasn't a concussion. My team actually did a [toxicology] screen and, hey, Vegas is a crazy place. That's all I can really say about it right now."

DAAAAAMMMMMNNNN!!!! Am I to read this that Max was poisoned/drugged!?!? Khabib mafia is strong. Bookies trying to run the line!?! Disgruntled fan!? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!

Post #2   11/29/18 5:52:16PM