Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nicco Montaño vs. Valentina Shevchenko title fight off UFC 228 card

Print  
Posted By Message

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:
Link

There will not be a second title fight Saturday.

UFC women’s flyweight champion Nicco Montaño was hospitalized Friday morning prior to official weigh-ins and her title defense against Valentina Shevchenko has been pulled off the UFC 228 card Saturday, sources confirmed with MMA Fighting. ESPN was the first to report the news.

It remains unclear what Montaño’s condition was when she headed to the hospital, but the timing fits with something related to an illness due to weight cut.

The UFC released a statement on the matter Friday morning, making the title fight cancellation official.

“As a precautionary measure, UFC flyweight Nicco Montaño was transported to a medical facility Friday morning due to health concerns,” the statement read. “The scheduled championship bout between Montaño & Valentina Shevchenko at UFC 228 has been cancelled.”

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   9/7/18 11:22:59AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,577-1,562
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Could just be nerves from the beating she was gonna take. I'd feel too sick to fight if I was facing those insane odds.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #2   9/7/18 12:00:07PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:4,139-2,498
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Happy Dana finally did something I respect and stripped her of the title.

Post #3   9/7/18 7:58:21PM