Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Glover Teixeira injured, out of UFC Sao Paulo main event vs. Jimi Manuwa

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,502-2,369
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
UFC Sao Paulo has already lost its main event.

Less than two weeks after it was announced that light heavyweight veteran Glover Teixeira would headline UFC Fight Night: Sao Paulo against Jimi Manuwa, Texieira has already been forced to withdraw.

ESPN’s Ariel Helwani confirmed on Tuesday that Teixeira has pulled out due to a shoulder injury, and it’s reportedly the same one he’s been dealing with since his title fight loss vs. Jon Jones back in 2014. According to the report, there is concern that this injury could require surgery, but no decision has been made.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   8/15/18 12:16:06PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:4,112-2,477
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Thiago Santos? Him VS Manuwa would be sick!

Post #2   8/15/18 3:41:57PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Wallass

That could be an option. You know they'll want to keep a Brazilian Headlining the card since its in Brazil. So either that option or I could see them getting Manuwa to go on the following event Ufc 229 which needs some fights.

And since Ketlan Viera is pretty much a Top contender I could see them making Viera vs Evinger the Headliner. With ketlan winning she should or could get next crack at Nunes for the Title. Overall for a Brazil Fight Night it's not a bad card.

Post #3   8/15/18 9:33:34PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:4,112-2,477
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by Wallass

That could be an option. You know they'll want to keep a Brazilian Headlining the card since its in Brazil. So either that option or I could see them getting Manuwa to go on the following event Ufc 229 which needs some fights.

And since Ketlan Viera is pretty much a Top contender I could see them making Viera vs Evinger the Headliner. With ketlan winning she should or could get next crack at Nunes for the Title. Overall for a Brazil Fight Night it's not a bad card.

Can't prop you but ya that makes sense. Ketlen has the potential to be a future champ and another big win over a veteran of the sport could put her on the short list for a shot.

Post #4   8/15/18 10:31:12PM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,145-1,788
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I’d find a low name replacement for Mannuwa and just have Lineker headline the event. He can fight Assuancio, Munhoz or have sterling or Stamann step in. It was a really weak main event ether way (even for the new low bar set for fight nights for fox/fx).

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   8/16/18 3:03:33AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Posted by JLS

Posted by Wallass

Can't prop you but ya that makes sense. Ketlen has the potential to be a future champ and another big win over a veteran of the sport could put her on the short list for a shot.

Thanks Man!

Manuwa turned down the Thiago Santos Fight. Maybe they can get him on the UFC 229 card the following week.

Or he can stay ready in case OSP vs Reyes get injured. They'll also be on 229 card.

Post #6   8/16/18 7:59:41AM