Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC and M-1 partner for UFC Russia

Print  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,632-3,723
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
The Russian-Chinese investment fund, Mubadala Investment Company and the Ultimate Fighting Championship announced foundation of UFC Russia. The new company is going to promote MMA and organize new shows in Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
M-1 Global is going to be a partner taking care of finding Russian athletes and preparing them for the fights. M-1 Challenge champions will get a unique opportunity to sign contracts with the UFC.

From the gram

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   7/19/18 11:01:52PM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,649-1,678
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Where was this willingness to work together/with each other when Fedor was in his prime right after pride folded?! If memory serves, a lack of willingingness to work with M-1 was one of the reasons cited for fedor and the UFC not coming to an agreement to bring him into the fold. Am I mis-remembering things here?

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #2   7/20/18 7:07:11AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,632-3,723
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
No, you remember correctly. I think Fedor brought M-1 enough attention to garnish not only a strong fan base but a strong roster that has a feeder system as well. I think Endeavor is making a smart move here, plus I salivate at the possible match ups. The injection of talent into the LHW and HW divisions should be quick and impactful.

Post #3   7/20/18 10:15:41PM