Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Big Heavyweight fights to make after UFC 226

Print  
Posted By Message

Volcano1990

MMA Regular

Volcano1990 Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
so first off the Obvious one Is Cormier VS Lesnar
Brock isent derserving of a title shot in my opionion until he wins a few more fights but seeing the build up they just did for it and its obvious the biggest money making fight the ufc can do atm it is gonna happen,

Lewis vs Volkov
i orginally thought the winner of lewis vs volkov would get the title shot but after that terrible performance and failure to fight i think lesnar will pass lewis over and putting lewis against volkov is perfect as volkov is already worthy of a title shot after 6 straight wins so this should be a number 1 contenders fight for the next title shot.

Miocic vs Velasquez
this is a fight that ive been wanting to see for a long time and velasquez must be getting ready to return after such a long time off and miocic should get another top fighter after such a good run as the champ.

Ngannou vs Dos santos vs Ivanov winner

Ngannou looked awful and just terrified of lewis to be honest but he still has only lost decisions in the ufc and can still be a threat if he gets his head around his losses and his confidence back. plus dos santos is a great striker also and id love to see that fight, and ivanov would earn a tough fight if he gets past jds

what do you think of those fights? and do you have any better ideas?

also when do you think the ufc will sign the undefeated and unstoppable heavyweight Vitaly Minakov?, he finished nearly all his fights and even koed volkov who is the ufcs best hw contender atm, minakov would be an instant threat and have a good shot at winning the title

Last edited 7/8/18 1:57AM server time by Volcano1990
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   7/8/18 1:55:36AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,446-3,604
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
I like them, I also like that it doesn't include Jon Jones as that needs to be sorted out first.
Vitaly Minakov is a great fighter but has been stuck in the Russian Leagues since leaving Bellator...I have been calling for him for a while now.
I'd like Cain to get any normal fight before a big one...even just one fight against say Tuivasa or Oleinik...someone around there.

Post #2   7/8/18 3:34:49AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,480-2,357
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
I think Blaydes has to be included in a big fight. Guys gotten so much better than his arrival.

I'm hearing JDS vs Ngannou is the fight that's in the works.

With Brock in the equation there's 3 HW's (an odd amount) that are near the top; Miocic, Volkov and Lewis.

With Cain's career in question and DC vs Brock looking like the fight to make, or DC's money fight and DW's cash fight.

Miocic vs Volkov, Blaydes vs Lewis, JDS vs Ngannou.

That's just a scenario.

I see DC retiring after Brock so if the above scenario plays out I'd put the 2 winners of the 1st two fights together for the new Champ.

So many factors though; does Brock fight DC next, and injuries. You can't predict those things.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #3   7/18/18 11:22:37AM   

Volcano1990

MMA Regular

Volcano1990 Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
oh yeah forgot about blaydes. he just beat overeem, he should be in the mix as well

Post #4   7/18/18 12:16:12PM