Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who would win the World Cup of MMA?

Print  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,332-3,542
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
cool link

I just thought this was cool article for those who fantasize about MMA National Teams and such.

"The premise is simple: Football teams start with 11 players, so we pick 11 fighters — one for each of the premier weight classes in the sport — to represent each country in an MMA tournament. We then play out the various matches and see what country takes home the inaugural MMA World Cup. Plus, with the United States not even qualified for the World Cup, their massive advantage in MMA (8 of 11 UFC champions are American) is null!"

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   7/3/18 11:19:17PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,584-3,220
Chips:
Very interesting.

Out of the Countries they have listed there it's hard not to pick Russia to win it all. They're stacked with talent. And to be honest I wouldn't even pick a handful of the guys they used. Just from doing the BOTR league for years I know that there are better fighters out there that weren't listed. Russia is filled with great MMA fighters.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #2   7/4/18 4:40:54PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:5,332-3,542
Chips:
True, and I think they should have not included UFC Champions who would not participate (I. E. Amanda Nunes). I think all in all it is an interesting topic I've discussed with people many times over...just to see someone put all this on paper and go through the actual process is pretty impressive.

Post #3   7/4/18 5:30:16PM