Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Andre Pederneiras steps down from Brazil's Nova Uniao leadership after 21 years

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,791-3,328
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
After 21 years, Andre Pederneiras is no longer the leader of Brazil’s renowned Nova Uniao team.

Pederneiras announced his decision to step down from his role on Instagram, following an initial report by Combate.com. The longtime coach, who was a key figure in the UFC rises of former champions Jose Aldo and Renan Barao, linked the decision to the opening of Upper Arena two years ago.

The place now works as training grounds for Nova Uniao fighters, but Pederneiras wants to open it to fighters from other teams.

“I’m still here at training, giving the same advices to my athletes,” Pederneiras told Combate. “But if, for instance, Urijah Faber comes here, I’ll be able to give him the same training, regardless of whether he represents Nova Uniao or not. If the people who are training at that time are bothered, I can just arrange a different time with him, a separate training session.

LINK

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   7/1/18 5:22:26PM