Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ronda Rousey becomes first female UFC Hall of Famer

Print  
Posted By Message

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Career:1,682-1,011
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Ronda Rousey was the first American woman to medal in the Olympics in judo.

She was the first women to be signed by the UFC.

She was the first to headline a UFC pay-per-view. She was the first to win a championship match. She was the first to sell out a major arena. She was the first woman in any combat sport to draw a $1 million live gate and nearly quadrupled the largest pay-per-view number for any kind of sporting event headlined by a woman. That was all on the same night.

She was the first woman to headline a combat sports event in front of 50,000 fans. She was the first to headline a 1 million pay-per-view buy show, and did so twice with no real undercard support.

She was the first MMA fighter to win an ESPY award, winning Best Female Athlete in both 2014 and 2015, and was the first MMA fighter to break the boxing stronghold on the Best Fighter award in voting among sports fans.

She won her first seven fights by armbar, all in less than 57 seconds.

She still has the fastest submission — 14 seconds against Cat Zingano — in modern UFC history. She has the third-fastest knockout — 16 seconds against Alexis Davis — in UFC title fight history.

Her six title defenses is still a women’s UFC record. In her 12 pro and three amateur wins, every single one was via stoppage. Only one of those opponents got out of the first round and only three lasted more than 66 seconds. They included wins over major organization champions Julia Budd, Sarah Kaufman, and two over Miesha Tate.

For all those reasons, Rousey had to be the first woman inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame.

Link

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   6/10/18 5:38:38AM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Well deserved!

Post #2   6/10/18 11:54:17PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Women's MMA Mount Rushmore:

Ronda Rousey - 1st women's UFC champion / most dominate women's UFC champion / Pioneer

Cris Cyborg - Most dominate fightr in women's mma / Only Strikeforce+Invicta+UFC champion / Original Pioneer

Sarah Kaufman - 1 of 2 women to hold Strikeforce+Invicta gold / Original Pioneer

Gina Carano - One of the most original Pioneers

I think Gina's spot is debatable, but I think the top 3 definitely belong there.

Last edited 6/11/18 12:10AM server time by Braden
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   6/11/18 12:10:19AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,267-1,591
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by Braden

Ronda Rousey - 1st women's UFC champion / most dominate women's UFC champion / Pioneer

Cris Cyborg - Most dominate fightr in women's mma / Only Strikeforce+Invicta+UFC champion / Original Pioneer

Sarah Kaufman - 1 of 2 women to hold Strikeforce+Invicta gold / Original Pioneer

I think Gina's spot is debatable, but I think the top 3 definitely belong there.

Only one missing IMHO is Megumi Fujii. These 4 make the Mount Rushmore of WMMA. There are a small landslide of women age that: Tate, Zingano, Carmouche among a few others.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #4   6/11/18 12:44:53AM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,511-3,170
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Posted by Braden

Only one missing IMHO is Megumi Fujii. These 4 make the Mount Rushmore of WMMA. There are a small landslide of women age that: Tate, Zingano, Carmouche among a few others.

Forgetting my girl Marloes Coenen for an honorable mention and Tara LaRosa as well. Tara started her professional career in 2002. She's arguably the very first successful wmma fighter.

Post #5   6/11/18 8:59:15AM