Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 225's Joseph Benavidez happy to return from long layoff, unhappy being 'buried' on UFC Fight Pass

Print  
Posted By Message

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Career:1,682-1,011
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
As he prepares to return from an an 18-month-long layoff, Joseph Benavidez has a few reasons to be happy.

But then there are others in which Benavidez isn’t all that happy.

Benavidez, the No. 2 fighter in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA flyweight rankings, meets No. 6 fighter Pettis in a meaningful fight for the division. In fact, should he beat Pettis and add a seventh win to his current streak, Benavidez thinks it will be hard to deny him a third stab at champ Demetrious Johnson.

Despite its possible ramifications, the flyweight bout is only the third fight of the evening and will be featured on the UFC Fight Pass-streamed preliminary card at Chicago’s United Center. Asked about it, Benavidez makes no secret of his feelings on the card placement.

Link

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   6/4/18 5:52:23PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,421-2,333
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Agreed! No way Joe Jitsu and Pettis should be on FightPass.

Post #2   6/4/18 6:33:54PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,328-1,627
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Absolutely disgusting. Behind Rashad Evans & Anthony Smith nonetheless. Not a diss towards Evans & Smith but frankly speaking. JoBen & Pettis should be in Punk/Jackson’s PPV spot and those two should be headlining the Fight Pass card. Sad. I feel like the new owners of the ufc are trying to phase out some lower weight classes.

Post #3   6/5/18 2:55:47AM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Dana White's reason for having CM Punk on the main card over Benavidez/ Pettis or Overeem/Blaydes, is those guys can't sell ppv's like CM Punk can, so he's on the ppv main card instead of them.

Which is true, CM Punk is going to get more ppv buys than every under card bout, and probably every main card bout. It's a business move, can't really fault them for that, even though Punk and Jackson are by far the worst fighters on the card.

Post #4   6/5/18 3:14:51AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,108-1,311
Chips:
It is an insult and what seems like a poor choice. Both of those guys bring it and Pettis throws fancy strikes, which should make Dana happy.

Post #5   6/5/18 9:54:18AM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by airkerma

It is an insult and what seems like a poor choice. Both of those guys bring it and Pettis throws fancy strikes, which should make Dana happy.

Money is truly what makes Dana happy, and CM Punk brings more money than both those two combined.

Post #6   6/5/18 10:46:40AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,510-1,530
Chips:
Maybe both of these guys going to decision 5 fights in a row has something to do with this?

Post #7   6/5/18 3:52:12PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,390-2,973
Chips:
Yep lets put a high profile fly fight with a two time loser and add a future hof in evans on fight pass. And put 2 guys on prelims who have like 4 losses and no wins between them

Post #8   6/6/18 12:56:14PM   

Ninja_Nicoya

MMA Regular

Career:399-337
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
It's cause the casuals don't care about him.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #9   6/6/18 5:07:10PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,328-1,627
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by Braden

Dana White's reason for having CM Punk on the main card over Benavidez/ Pettis or Overeem/Blaydes, is those guys can't sell ppv's like CM Punk can, so he's on the ppv main card instead of them.

Which is true, CM Punk is going to get more ppv buys than every under card bout, and probably every main card bout. It's a business move, can't really fault them for that, even though Punk and Jackson are by far the worst fighters on the card.

I understand that point. I am not arguing with a business trying to make. My problem is the biggest promotion in the world is not working towards legitimizing the sport through true competition but rewarding those that run their mouths and have checkered pasts due to lack of experience. This is breeding more Conor's in the MMA world. Colby is one of those. Till is becoming one of those. I don't like it. I want more GSP's/Cain's/Wonder Boy's (personality) in MMA. While the Conor's are fun to watch they aren't my favorite. And yes, we need Heels in the sport, the Chael Sonnen's. But I don't want it to define the sport.

Post #10   6/6/18 8:37:31PM