Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

betting odds for UFC Fight Night 129: Maia vs Usman

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Career:1,682-1,011
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Just wondering. Who does the betting odds for this site?

It's almost 48 hours out from the event and there's no betting odds out yet. You guys are more on top of best of the rest, than the big show.... it's weird and kind of sad.

I don't want JLS to take this personal, because it seems that this site has been put on his shoulders, so this post ios not directed towards him. I probably do 2nd most around here and I'm not even a mod. If him and I dropped off the face of this earth, this site likely would as well.

Does anyone else give a shit to help out? It's getting ridiculous.

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   5/17/18 1:50:47PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Since I already brought this up, I should also ask who's going to fix my problem with not receiving email notifications when I get private mail? I already got JLS to do it for me a month or so ago, and because I didn't want to bother him again, since he does everything else around here, I messaged DoTheMMAth and asked him. He never even replied. Like, what's the deal, guys? Does no one give a fuck, anymore?

Post #2   5/17/18 2:15:10PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Now I see odds are starting to come up, and the only mod on right now is Card. Is he the one that does the odds?

Post #3   5/17/18 2:18:23PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Hey, Card. Do you care to chime in? I asked if it's you who does the odds?

I know JLS does the odds for botr, I'm curious who does it for the big show?

Post #4   5/17/18 3:52:16PM   

Trig

MMA Regular

Trig Avatar

Career:1,507-883
Camp: MMAJunkie All-Stars
Chips:
I thought the odds were automatically generated once there are 200 picks for a fight. If you look the only odds that are up have over 200 picks for the event already. I could be wrong but that is what I thought JLS told me a while back.

Post #5   5/17/18 4:05:37PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Trig

I thought the odds were automatically generated once there are 200 picks for a fight. If you look the only odds that are up have over 200 picks for the event already. I could be wrong but that is what I thought JLS told me a while back.

I know, I remember hearing something like that before.. but how come JLS does the botr odds? Also, if there isn't 200+ picks, then would there be no odds? I doubt it, that doesn't make sense. If JLS does the botr odds, then it gets me thinking someone must do these odds, as well.

Last edited 5/17/18 4:11PM server time by Braden
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   5/17/18 4:10:25PM   

Trig

MMA Regular

Trig Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Braden

Posted by Trig

I know, I remember hearing something like that before.. but how come JLS does the botr odds? Also, if there isn't 200+ picks, then would there be no odds? I doubt it, that doesn't make sense. If JLS does the botr odds, then it gets me thinking someone must do these odds, as well.

I see what you are saying, if there isn't 200 picks what happens? Also its already Thursday afternoon and the parlay we have available isn't worth the time. Which mod is responsible for the big show betting??

Post #7   5/17/18 4:18:30PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Jeez, the guy couldn't even give a reply. Even a simple yes or no would somewhat be sufficient. What's the point in some of these guys being a mod... because it looks pretty next to their name?

One of them hasn't even logged on in over 100 days...

Post #8   5/17/18 7:08:56PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
It's past the 48 hour make, which is lock time for the hot bout. I believe they don't add anymore fights after this (if there ever is fights to be added) because it's too close to the event.... but yet they have odds for 10 fights to still release!

Still no replies from a moderator... The only person to reply is Trig, who I think volunteered to be a mod not too long ago. Why isn't this guy a mod, instead of one of those others that don't even want to reply or log in?

It's not like I'm some nobody asking about this. I'm the most active person on this site, who puts in more work than everyone, other than JLS. I also have no problems with anyone on this site, I get along with everyone (minus GDPofMPG who isn't even around anymore). So I don't see what the harm is in replying to my questions?

Post #9   5/17/18 7:34:12PM   

Card

MMA Regular

Card Avatar

Career:2,312-1,236
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Manually updated.
Thanks for the post - next time - send me a PM, I'll try to have these up by Thursday morning at the latest.

Sorry guys... yeah I believe the odds are supposed to set themselves at 200 picks.

But sadly we're not getting even those numbers 1 day before an event.

I'll post this issue in the admin forum. Hopefully we can get it solved soon.

I'd love to have real odds set when they are first released. For example: use the opening betting odds from 5 dimes.

Post #10   5/17/18 10:10:46PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Card

Manually updated.
Thanks for the post - next time - send me a PM, I'll try to have these up by Thursday morning at the latest.

Sorry guys... yeah I believe the odds are supposed to set themselves at 200 picks.

I'd love to have real odds set when they are first released. For example: use the opening betting odds from 5 dimes.

Thank you, I appreciate it, and sorry if I came off harsh. I never pm'd you because I didn't know who was the one to talk to about it, and I didn't want to bother JLS, again.

I agree, it would be nice to see this done a different way. Whether it's using real odds when they come up, or moving it down to 100 picks for them to set themselves, since the amount of active members have decreased over the years. Whatever will get the odds up sooner than a couple days before lock time. That's another reason why I made this thread, to leave it open for discussion on how to fix this issue.

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #11   5/17/18 10:29:40PM   

JLS

7-21-18 Jinh Invicta Champion

JLS Avatar

Career:4,277-2,240
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by Braden

Posted by Card

Manually updated.

Thank you, I appreciate it, and sorry if I came off harsh. I never pm'd you because I didn't know who was the one to talk to about it, and I didn't want to bother JLS, again.

I agree, it would be nice to see this done a different way. Whether it's using real odds when they come up, or moving it down to 100 picks for them to set themselves, since the amount of active members have decreased over the years. Whatever will get the odds up sooner than a couple days before lock time. That's another reason why I made this thread, to leave it open for discussion on how to fix this issue.

I'll try and answer as many as thesev questions in a nutshell. Big Show odds are generated from the sites pick consensus at 200 picks. We were literally a few from getting them automatically put up. As for who does the odds for Big Show? No one does.

Why do I manually input BOTR Odds? It takes 65 picks for odds to come out. That would be really unfair to the people that logged in the morning of the event and hardly anyone would even get a chance to bet. I've been told by multiple members that the odds I manually set for BOTR are pretty spot on or pretty close. And i put them up far in advance without bias and its a fair playing field.

In the future if odds were to be added to UFC, they would have to be the real actual odds. Not pick and choose which fights you want good odds on. Members already sway the odds enough. You know have your team pick one way then switch back. Its well known that a couple camps do that. That's really in a way cheating.

As for Felipe Silva and his 92% pick consensus i removed that fight and added it again and entered the odds from Bestfightodds.

This event is gonna have a low amount of pickers playing. Its a Fight Night Chile card. Very, very weak card. Weaker than the Bellator 200/LFA 40 COMBO i added today.

BOTR odds don't effect camp standings and besides a lot of "UFC" fighters are only good dont care about BOTR.

So pass it on have your players repick the Silva vs Puelles fight again because there was no way i could let anyone manually giving a 9.2:1 a +400 odd.

Hopefully the late pickers will pick early so we get odds up quicker. I didn't expect FN Chile to have a good turnout.

BOTR isnt taken more seriously either. Ufc league runs itself. Just gotta input cards, start times, bout orders, set casual league, update results and run stats.

Last edited 5/18/18 1:31AM server time by JLS
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   5/18/18 1:27:03AM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Is there any way we could switch that number from 200 down to 100 or at worst, 150? I know most of my team does not put their picks in until the evening before, or the day of, and with the decrease in numbers over the past couple of years, it can take a long time before the odds are up, and I'd prefer not to wait until the day before the event for the odds to be up. It would be nice to have them up no later than the middle of the week, if not the beginning of the week... not the end of the week or after the hot bout closes. I'd expect all the odds to be up before the 48 hour mark.

I think you do a good job with the botr odds, so I have no problem with you doing them.

Post #13   5/18/18 3:44:30AM   

Trig

MMA Regular

Trig Avatar

Chips:
I agree if there are not many fighting we should lower the auto populate number down to 150. The only problem with that is the teams that have to cheat at a game designed to be fun. Doesn't even make sense to me but whatever. Ideally we could use the opening odds from bestfightodds but then again someone would then need to manually input the odds. I would volunteer for that if needed.

Post #14   5/18/18 1:31:44PM   

JLS

7-21-18 Jinh Invicta Champion

JLS Avatar

Career:4,277-2,240
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by Braden

Is there any way we could switch that number from 200 down to 100 or at worst, 150? I know most of my team does not put their picks in until the evening before, or the day of, and with the decrease in numbers over the past couple of years, it can take a long time before the odds are up, and I'd prefer not to wait until the day before the event for the odds to be up. It would be nice to have them up no later than the middle of the week, if not the beginning of the week... not the end of the week or after the hot bout closes. I'd expect all the odds to be up before the 48 hour mark.

I think you do a good job with the botr odds, so I have no problem with you doing them.

Well to be fair, and i won't put any of the HW camps on plast but if they are lowered to 150, The manipulating of odds would be that much easier.

Not to sound like a broken record but I'm very unexcited about UFC FN:Chile, and others are probably not either. I'm gonna be at work and record this event just to watch 3 or 4 fights.

Braden if you want to help get the odds up suggest to your team to make their picks earlier. They can be changed you know. Your team alone waiting is 10% of whats needed. My team is at 100% picked all week. We did our 5%. Odds have been out for this event for several days. I'm not critiquing the way you guys play but just expect weak Fight Night cards are gonna have the less serious players involved. Just line up FN Chile to the next BOTR card. Its way better. Not even an opinion. Just look! Lol

I'll see what the other mods say. Card, Budge, grappler and Poor_Franklin.

If anything needs to be done immediately. Id like to get a mood that knows how to photoshop for the badges and i can walk you thru how to do it.

Post #15   5/18/18 2:12:21PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2