Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dustin Poirier vs. Eddie Alvarez rematch official for UFC on FOX 30 headliner in Calgary

Print  
Posted By Message

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Career:1,682-1,011
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
After plenty of back-and-forth on social media over one guy said yes, but the other said not yet, a rematch between Dustin Poirier and Eddie Alvarez now is official.

Not only is it official, but it Alvarez (29-5 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and lightweight rival Poirier (23-5 MMA, 15-4 UFC) will headline UFC on FOX 30 in July. UFC officials made the formal announcement of the main event today.

UFC on FOX 30 takes place July 28 at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The main card airs on FOX following prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.

Link

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   5/15/18 4:36:44AM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
The latest UFC on FOX 30 card includes:

Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier
Jose Aldo vs. Jeremy Stephens
Katlyn Chookagian vs. Alexis Davis
Nina Ansaroff vs. Randa Markos
Matheus Nicolau vs. Dustin Ortiz
Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Ion Cutelaba
Austin Arnett vs. Hakeem Dawodu
Jordan Mein vs. Alex Morono
John Makdessi vs. Ross Pearson
Kajan Johnson vs. Islam Makhachev
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Tecia Torres

Post #2   5/15/18 4:37:07AM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
This is a better and more competitive fight and main event to watch, than Nicco Montano vs. Valentina Shevchenko. Valentina likely would have beat in Nicco's head until the ref stopped it, where Alvarez vs. Poirier could be a fucken war and potential FOTY candidate.

Even though this is a better headliner. I'm still pissed I don't get to see that flyweight title being fought for. Because of that, Nicco Montano is one of my most dislike fighter, currently in the UFC.

Less than four weeks after posting these photos to social media, Poirier signed a bout agreement to face Eddie in Calgary.... Yet, Nicco won’t sign the bout agreement against Valentina for Calgary because she got her tonsils removed a couple weeks ago... like get the fuck out of here!

The UFC just cut Yair for not signing a bout agreement to fight Zabit. They should keep that trend going and strip and cut Nicco for not wanting to defend her belt against Valentina. Getting her tonsils removed is a bullshit reason to not sign a fight that's happening months down the road. It's pathetic and way worse than Woodley, imo.

Post #3   5/15/18 4:51:35AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,092-1,195
Chips:
This should be a crazy fight again, both guys are durable as fuck, but Alvarez can always take that bit of an extra beating and keep coming. Rooting for Poirier here as I want to see him get a title shot, the amount of good guys he's fought and wars he has been in should have already warranted the title shot.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #4   5/15/18 9:58:22AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,108-1,311
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Usual recovery time for tonsillectomy is two weeks, with some patients requiring additional surgery. She would know by now if it did not go well and probably would have said such. I could see it interrupting her training in a big way for a week, contact for 2-3 weeks, and possible diet and nutrition problems for up to 3 weeks. Imo these are worst case scenarios. It doesn't seem very likely that she's having all these complications.

I like DP vs Eddie. This is an essential rematch and the winner has to fight for the title after the fact.

Post #5   5/15/18 11:32:05AM