Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ex-champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk meets Tecia Torres at UFC on FOX 30 in Calgary

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,626-1,584
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
I don't recall JJ ever being on wobbly legs once, when was she hurt in this fight? And fuck me is outlanding your opponent in significant strikes every round and only allowing one TD in the 5th doesn't win a fight. Maybe there's something I'm missing but I thought that's exactly how you win. I was also pretty adamant that tj beat Cruz and Frankie beat Aldo, so it must just be the way I score foghts.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #16   5/7/18 9:30:21AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,702-2,472
Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

I don't recall JJ ever being on wobbly legs once, when was she hurt in this fight? And fuck me is outlanding your opponent in significant strikes every round and only allowing one TD in the 5th doesn't win a fight. Maybe there's something I'm missing but I thought that's exactly how you win. I was also pretty adamant that tj beat Cruz and Frankie beat Aldo, so it must just be the way I score foghts.

The judges at cageside have no idea what the strike count is. So they have to go by the effectiveness of the strikes.

For example if fighter A. Lands 20 strikes (16 mediocre jabs, and 4 inside leg kicks. And Fighter B. Lands 14 strikes (5 mediocre jabs, 3 power hooks, 3 inside leg kicks And 3 head kicks.

Fighter A lands more but Fighter B is more effective with his/her strikes winning that Round. Fair?

Post #17   5/7/18 11:42:21AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,626-1,584
Chips:
The judges should always be somewhat aware of the strike count. Not exactly how many shots have landed, but at least the difference between the fighters. I do know that under the rules effective striking weighs immedIate impact over cumulative impact, but by how much is unclear. I didn't see any immediate impact from Rose's or JJ's strikes, but in the end it's all subjective when judges are involved.

Post #18   5/7/18 8:49:58PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2