Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Kamaru Usman scheduled for UFC Chile main event

Print  
Posted By Message

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,064-1,248
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The UFC finally has its main event for its debut in Chile.

A welterweight contest featuring Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Kamaru Usman is close to being finalized for the May 19 card in Santiago, Chile, MMA Fighting has learned.

Link

Post #1   3/23/18 8:19:08PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,064-1,248
Chips:
The latest UFC Fight Night 129 card includes:

Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Kamaru Usman
Volkan Oezdemir vs. Mauricio Rua
Chad Laprise vs. Vicente Luque
Guido Cannetti vs. Diego Rivas
Alexa Grasso vs. Tatiana Suarez
Andrea Lee vs. Veronica Macedo
Poliana Botelho vs. Syuri Kondo
Henry Briones vs. Frankie Saenz
Jared Cannonier vs. Dominick Reyes
Claudio Puelles vs. Felipe Silva
Zak Cummings vs. Michel Prazeres

Post #2   3/23/18 8:22:13PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:6,258-3,507
Chips:
Someone else reported that Santiago was fighting Magny guess they got it wrong tho.

Post #3   3/23/18 8:57:54PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:6,424-3,697
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Very nice matchup. Usman finally gets a top 10 opponent.

Post #4   3/24/18 6:15:05AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,517-1,434
Chips:
There are some great match ups on this card.

Post #5   3/24/18 6:29:43AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:6,288-4,198
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Another guy I hope ends up with his jaw wired...good fighter, but conducts himself like an ass. Plus, this dude is not some sort of prolific finisher...he is only a half finisher so I don't get all the hype with him and Colby.

Post #6   3/24/18 1:56:29PM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,469-2,021
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Another guy I hope ends up with his jaw wired...good fighter, but conducts himself like an ass. Plus, this dude is not some sort of prolific finisher...he is only a half finisher so I don't get all the hype with him and Colby.

Idk man Usman maybe the best athlete in the division and is much scarier to me then Colby lol. Colby is just bark and wrestling Kamaru is learning the whole game fast and is rightfully being ducked while Colby is doing the ducking since he knows he can’t beat most of the top 10. Usman actually reminds me of Tyron early in his career, I have a feeling he’s going to start putting people to sleep often very soon lol.

Post #7   3/26/18 5:11:11AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,517-1,434
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by jae_1833

Idk man Usman maybe the best athlete in the division and is much scarier to me then Colby lol. Colby is just bark and wrestling Kamaru is learning the whole game fast and is rightfully being ducked while Colby is doing the ducking since he knows he can’t beat most of the top 10. Usman actually reminds me of Tyron early in his career, I have a feeling he’s going to start putting people to sleep often very soon lol.

I actually don't mind what Colby is doing, whatever character he has become it is working as he is fighting for an interim belt. As far as comparing Usman to Covington i cannot really separate them at this stage. When you look at each of their grappling it seems like Usman does more with it as far as damage but both are masters of controlling their opponents. Both have work to do on the feet and the striking display Colby put forth against Maia was pretty crap but i really think he is better then that and only fought that way because he knew Maia how nothing to offer on the feet. Usman looks decent on the feet but he also does leave clear openings.

Usman vs Colby is a fight that must happen down the road, it's right up there with Wonderboy vs Till as far as skill and talent but instead of strikers it's the two best grapplers. I still give Maia props but i think Usman would be able to handle him at this stage of his career.

Post #8   3/26/18 5:53:22AM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:3,469-2,021
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by jae_1833

I actually don't mind what Colby is doing, whatever character he has become it is working as he is fighting for an interim belt. As far as comparing Usman to Covington i cannot really separate them at this stage. When you look at each of their grappling it seems like Usman does more with it as far as damage but both are masters of controlling their opponents. Both have work to do on the feet and the striking display Colby put forth against Maia was pretty crap but i really think he is better then that and only fought that way because he knew Maia how nothing to offer on the feet. Usman looks decent on the feet but he also does leave clear openings.

Usman vs Colby is a fight that must happen down the road, it's right up there with Wonderboy vs Till as far as skill and talent but instead of strikers it's the two best grapplers. I still give Maia props but i think Usman would be able to handle him at this stage of his career.

I think Usman looks light years ahead of Colby on the feet and yes Colby’s gimmick is working but I think there’s less substance as far as a fighter goes then usman. Usman is the better wrestler athlete and striker. I honestly think only Usman and Till are the only real title contenders from the group of young prospects (which includes Edwards, Ponzinibbio, And Colby). I know Colby has the big win over Maia but stylistically but I don’t think he takes most of the top 10 and I think I’d take Usman over everyone in the top 10 except maybe Woodly lol.

Post #9   3/26/18 5:51:36PM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:6,288-4,198
Camp: TKO
Chips:
I don't think Colby's behavior is a gimmick at all.
And I agree...Usman does show a lot more potential.

Last edited 4/5/18 1:52AM server time by jae_1833
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   4/5/18 1:51:12AM