Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wagering Error

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:1,689-1,016
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Here's what happened.

I did not inflate any wagers tho (the opposite of above, scaling up the numbers if they are under 1,000). I only deflated and scaled down anyone whose wagers were more than the 1,000 starting point for the first event of the season

Hopefully this adds some calarity as to what happened.

That's incorrect because I bet less than $1000 and my wagers were affected. I also help TCE out with his wagers and he bet less than $1000 and it was affected, so whether people bet over or under $1000, their bets were still affected. TCE didn't set his bets until less than 24 hours to the event and it was still affected.

Like I said, luckily for me I double checked the morning of the event and noticed this, so in the end I never was affected, but almost. I even posted in my camp forum trying to let people know about this but not many people seen and were not able to fix their wagers up in time.

Those are the things that frustrated me a little bit.. Wagers were not set in a reasonable time for everyone to place their bets without them being affected. The only way you weren't is if you logged on the morning of the event and adjusted it. Whoever is supposed to make these adjustments was a complete slack ass this last event and it caused nothing but problems for the large majority.

It sounds like some people were greatly affected more than others which is unfortunate and for that reason I'm down to reset the bankrolls back to $1000, it seems like the most fair thing to do for the majority of the site. If they don't get reset back to $1000, I won't complain though.... but it is unfortunate and no matter what decision is made we're going to have people upset.

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #16   3/11/18 2:58:24PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Because those are not the bets I made. My single events are always 3-500 dollar parlays as well as 2-3 single bets....I don't bet 42 dollars or 21 dollars, those bets are straight up WRONG. I don't know what's so hard to understand, I didn't make those bets....go over my bet history for my first event every season and you will see what I am talking about.

Also those bets do not add up to 1000 which is what I bet every first event.

And my ignorance? I know the bets reset every season, you are ignorant to think I bet more than 1000, when I didn't.

Posted by xdanish020

Yes, the 14K was wrong....it should've been around 6K. And you are 100% right, I did bet early and did not double check because why would I? This has never happened ever before.

If I could see my bets before they were adjusted, it would help give me some clarity as I do not remember making all of those bets on all of those fighters (especially not at the amount listed)

Damn, you meant to bet $500 on your parlay and the site decreased it to $160... that's rough. I totally understand why you'd be upset. Plus, it changed your individual wagers on top of that. I'd be choked too, if I were you.

And you're right, we shouldn't have to do a last minute check to make sure things haven't been affected by the site. Some people are working, don't have the time, or live in a part of the world where it would have been night time, so those people wouldn't have even been able to to make the adjustments even if they wanted.

For you and all the others that were screwed by this, I hope the wagers get reset back to $1000.

At the same time, I would feel bad for the teams that had the highest wagers in their divisions, which is why I would also be fine if they didn't reset it. I'm not sure who would be more upset, the first place teams in wagers getting their wagers reset back to equal with everyone else, or the people who really got screwed by the site from this error to begin with? I might be leaning more towards resetting it for the simple fact that none of this would have happened if it wasn't for the site decreasing peoples wagers last minute, and had that not happened, we might have different camps that would be sitting in first in their division in wagers after the first event. Decreasing a parlay from $500 to $160 is a lot, and who knows how much his individual bets were affected. It sucks for him and everyone else that was affected, which were a lot.

Post #17   3/11/18 3:15:42PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,541-2,391
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by JLS

Here's what happened.

I did not inflate any wagers tho (the opposite of above, scaling up the numbers if they are under 1,000). I only deflated and scaled down anyone whose wagers were more than the 1,000 starting point for the first event of the season

Hopefully this adds some calarity as to what happened.

That's incorrect because I bet less than $1000 and my wagers were affected. I also help TCE out with his wagers and he bet less than $1000 and it was affected, so whether people bet over or under $1000, their bets were still affected. TCE didn't set his bets until less than 24 hours to the event and it was still affected.

Like I said, luckily for me I double checked the morning of the event and noticed this, so in the end I never was affected, but almost. I even posted in my camp forum trying to let people know about this but not many people seen and were not able to fix their wagers up in time.

Those are the things that frustrated me a little bit.. Wagers were not set in a reasonable time for everyone to place their bets without them being affected. The only way you weren't is if you logged on the morning of the event and adjusted it. Whoever is supposed to make these adjustments was a complete slack ass this last event and it caused nothing but problems for the large majority.

It sounds like some people were greatly affected more than others which is unfortunate and for that reason I'm down to reset the bankrolls back to $1000, it seems like the most fair thing to do for the majority of the site. If they don't get reset back to $1000, I won't complain though.... but it is unfortunate and no matter what decision is made we're going to have people upset.

There was a lot of work getting them adjusted. Its unfortunate. Trust me I wouldn't mind getting them reset to 1000 but then we'll have even more disgruntled gamers that did well. Even the ones that did extremely well ex. fishbone the #1 wagering member won like 16K on an 86 dollar parlay.

One thing I can assure is this will not happen again as I'll send out the reminder to reset the bankrolls even earlier. And this has been nothing but a big headache to me.

I understand the frustrations but if there was no deflation of the bankrolls we'd have members with 2 to 3 times more than there should've been.

I'm telling you guys my passion for this Fantasy MMA stuff is going down the tubes quickly. I use to enjoy all of this making sure the details were all set. But to no avail I can't please everyone. I simply only have the power to do certain things. Reason mods can only do certain things because if a Mod, anyone of us decided to or accidentally messed up an important area weather it be accidental or being vindictive that would cause huge problems.

Hopefully we can move on from this.

I can assure you that there weren't random bets made on fighters place by the programmer but the amounts had to be adjusted because to allow guys to win 3x, 4x or 5x the amount they should've would've been an even bigger problem. And the whole wagering department would have a huge asterisk by it. I'm not saying that some folks weren't affected negatively. But I can assure you that the adjustments made were closer to the actual amount they should've won than what they won before the adjustments if that makes sense.

Post #18   3/11/18 3:25:49PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

There was a lot of work getting them adjusted. Its unfortunate. Trust me I wouldn't mind getting them reset to 1000 but then we'll have even more disgruntled gamers that did well. Even the ones that did extremely well ex. fishbone the #1 wagering member won like 16K on an 86 dollar parlay.

One thing I can assure is this will not happen again as I'll send out the reminder to reset the bankrolls even earlier. And this has been nothing but a big headache to me.

I understand the frustrations but if there was no deflation of the bankrolls we'd have members with 2 to 3 times more than there should've been.

I'm telling you guys my passion for this Fantasy MMA stuff is going down the tubes quickly. I use to enjoy all of this making sure the details were all set. But to no avail I can't please everyone. I simply only have the power to do certain things. Reason mods can only do certain things because if a Mod, anyone of us decided to or accidentally messed up an important area weather it be accidental or being vindictive that would cause huge problems.

I can assure you that there weren't random bets made on fighters place by the programmer but the amounts had to be adjusted because to allow guys to win 3x, 4x or 5x the amount they should've would've been an even bigger problem. And the whole wagering department would have a huge asterisk by it. I'm not saying that some folks weren't affected negatively. But I can assure you that the adjustments made were closer to the actual amount they should've won than what they won before the adjustments if that makes sense.

I figured it must be wearing on you the most. Just curious, if you decided to stop then would this site stop running? It seems like you;re the one that has to do everything.

When I looked at my wagers, it wasn't decreased by much, nor was TCE's, but xdanish020 getting his parlay dropped from $500 to $160 is a lot and if that happened to any of my team members I would really not be happy.

I've yet to hear anyone say they wouldn't be happy if bankrolls were reset. So far, all I've heard is people wanting them reset or they don't care, but no one's yet to come forward and said they will be displeased if they're reset.

I think if the majority is wanting them reset or don't care, then why not reset them? Give this a day or 2 to give more people a chance to share what they'd like to see happen, then go with what the majority wants. If people are unhappy afterwards, then they should have said something when this was being discussed.

So far, there's 3 people that said they'd like them reset, xdanish020, you and me. No one has yet to say they want them left the way they are, unless you'v been pm'd about it.

If you're too burnt out to do it, I totally understand and am fine with whatever happens. You have to deal with a lot around here, I'd be worn out if I were you.

Post #19   3/11/18 4:39:11PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by JLS

I figured it must be wearing on you the most. Just curious, if you decided to stop then would this site stop running? It seems like you;re the one that has to do everything.

When I looked at my wagers, it wasn't decreased by much, nor was TCE's, but xdanish020 getting his parlay dropped from $500 to $160 is a lot and if that happened to any of my team members I would really not be happy.

I've yet to hear anyone say they wouldn't be happy if bankrolls were reset. So far, all I've heard is people wanting them reset or they don't care, but no one's yet to come forward and said they will be displeased if they're reset.

I think if the majority is wanting them reset or don't care, then why not reset them? Give this a day or 2 to give more people a chance to share what they'd like to see happen, then go with what the majority wants. If people are unhappy afterwards, then they should have said something when this was being discussed.

So far, there's 3 people that said they'd like them reset, xdanish020, you and me. No one has yet to say they want them left the way they are, unless you'v been pm'd about it.

If you're too burnt out to do it, I totally understand and am fine with whatever happens. You have to deal with a lot around here, I'd be worn out if I were you.

You'd have to narrow that down from 3 to 2. You and Danish. It was so much extra work to get them fixed from the "Inflated" amounts.

In danish situation his 160 parlay paid out roughly 1100. So if he did bet 400 that would be 2700. His original parlay said the 160 paid like 10K. Those numbers are ballparks. I can't remember every detail to every bet. And like i was saying its more fair overall that the wagers were deflated for those that bet over 1000. The programmer, I can 10000% assure you didn't pick random fighters and place the bets on them. So the random odd numbers were deflated at a standard rate to all that bet over 1,000. And I realize that with the deflation some members didn't get to utilize their 1000. For example danish was only able to utilize between 6 to 7 hundred.

I'm at the point where i can assure this won't happen again but I'm also at the point that we have to move forward as enough resources were used on adjusting this.

Sure nobody batted an eye when they won 4 to 5 times more than they should've. And of course id like danish's bankroll to be much higher. He's in our Fight Camp. Some anonymous members brought it to my attention that the payouts were extremely over paid.

My suggesting is it's early in the season and everyone can still make a push for 1st place. Its not like the 1 event is gonna make or break the remainder of the season.

Post #20   3/11/18 5:53:52PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:
I may slightly prefer them reset to $1000, but it really doesn't matter. If you rather leave them, I'm fine with that. It doesn't really seem like that many people care anyways.

Post #21   3/11/18 6:24:52PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:5,475-3,053
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

I may slightly prefer them reset to $1000, but it really doesn't matter. If you rather leave them, I'm fine with that. It doesn't really seem like that many people care anyways.

I think this is the fairest thing to do considering how messed up certain people's (mine) and according to JLS 30+ other members bets were. Just reset everyone to 1000 and start from scratch instead of having wrong bets, if possible.

Post #22   3/11/18 9:40:14PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by xdanish020

Because those are not the bets I made. My single events are always 3-500 dollar parlays as well as 2-3 single bets....I don't bet 42 dollars or 21 dollars, those bets are straight up WRONG. I don't know what's so hard to understand, I didn't make those bets....go over my bet history for my first event every season and you will see what I am talking about.

Also those bets do not add up to 1000 which is what I bet every first event.

And my ignorance? I know the bets reset every season, you are ignorant to think I bet more than 1000, when I didn't.

Posted by xdanish020

Yes, the 14K was wrong....it should've been around 6K. And you are 100% right, I did bet early and did not double check because why would I? This has never happened ever before.

If I could see my bets before they were adjusted, it would help give me some clarity as I do not remember making all of those bets on all of those fighters (especially not at the amount listed)

Damn, you meant to bet $500 on your parlay and the site decreased it to $160... that's rough. I totally understand why you'd be upset. Plus, it changed your individual wagers on top of that. I'd be choked too, if I were you.

And you're right, we shouldn't have to do a last minute check to make sure things haven't been affected by the site. Some people are working, don't have the time, or live in a part of the world where it would have been night time, so those people wouldn't have even been able to to make the adjustments even if they wanted.

For you and all the others that were screwed by this, I hope the wagers get reset back to $1000.

At the same time, I would feel bad for the teams that had the highest wagers in their divisions, which is why I would also be fine if they didn't reset it. I'm not sure who would be more upset, the first place teams in wagers getting their wagers reset back to equal with everyone else, or the people who really got screwed by the site from this error to begin with? I might be leaning more towards resetting it for the simple fact that none of this would have happened if it wasn't for the site decreasing peoples wagers last minute, and had that not happened, we might have different camps that would be sitting in first in their division in wagers after the first event. Decreasing a parlay from $500 to $160 is a lot, and who knows how much his individual bets were affected. It sucks for him and everyone else that was affected, which were a lot.

Agreed, exactly 100%. I can't believe that dude called me ignorant, smdh. Yeah it's my fault, the site f'd up......

Post #23   3/11/18 9:45:39PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Danish that's why I chimed in and said let's keep this clean.

But you know you did wager on 9 other fights besides your parlay. So if you did wager 500 on your parlay that would average $55/fight. I realize you probably didn't wager 55 on each fight. And maybe you accidentally went over the 1000. I'm just thinking of scenerios that might have happened.

Like i said i understand the frustrations. I do. But there was no way we could've allowed those parlays that paid up to 5x what they should've.

I hope you at least get that part. And trust me I'm not doubting that you should've won more. Lets just get that shit back and some on the next event. Lets turn this mishap into a positive and crack some heads.

Post #24   3/11/18 10:04:59PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Danish that's why I chimed in and said let's keep this clean.

But you know you did wager on 9 other fights besides your parlay. So if you did wager 500 on your parlay that would average $55/fight. I realize you probably didn't wager 55 on each fight. And maybe you accidentally went over the 1000. I'm just thinking of scenerios that might have happened.

Like i said i understand the frustrations. I do. But there was no way we could've allowed those parlays that paid up to 5x what they should've.

I hope you at least get that part. And trust me I'm not doubting that you should've won more. Lets just get that shit back and some on the next event. Lets turn this mishap into a positive and crack some heads.

Thats why I asked to see my original bets to show some clarity. Maybe I didn't bet 500 on the parlay, maybe I bet less but like I said if you go over my first event for the past 5 seasons at least, my betting is very consistent.....3-500 on a parlay and the rest on a couple fighters.

Regardless in a PM you sent me you even acknowledged that my parlay should have paid out closer to 6K ("Dtm is working on it today. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I figured that parlay you won would've paid around 6.5K you can check L2 wagers and do a mock parlay so you will fully understand what went wrong.").....my original amount won was 14-15K range (I am not asking for that).......6K seems extremely fair (it's less than half of what was originally won). 2K does not seem fair at all and if I am stuck with it, I would prefer bankrolls be reset. That is what makes me mad......these are not the bets that I made, it's that simple and it sounds like there can't be a reset so I'm just gonna skip wagering from now on since it's just going to get screwed up anyway.

And the bets not totalling 1,000 is a dead giveaway that I didn't make them because I always bet the entire 1,000 the first event.

Last edited 3/11/18 11:06PM server time by xdanish020
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #25   3/11/18 10:43:44PM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:
I also don't see a problem with anyone saying anythng about them being reset to 1000. It's the only fair solution to this issue. There was an obvious screw up and people's wagers are NOT right.......the only fix to this would be to put everyone back on an equal playing field....I don't think that's too much to ask.

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #26   3/11/18 11:01:42PM   

LooseCannon

In Full Mount

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:3,105-1,818
Camp: The Outsiders
Chips:
If the programmer put in a code to correct the math it would’ve affected all of us evenly & proportionately. I doubt there is a way to reset bankrolls mid-season without cancelling the entire event.

It is a little unfair that people seemingly should have made more, I remind you fake money, but much more unfair to those that won the event or did well in Points, Pick Percentage, and that Wagers...especially those that checked back at 48 hours to make sure all was correct.

Post #27   3/12/18 12:42:48AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
I don't see why the event would get cancelled. If it does I'll take the remainder of this season off from Big Show and focus on the other fantasy sites I use and work on L2 material.

Post #28   3/12/18 9:56:51AM   

xdanish020

The Natural

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:
No reason why the event should be cancelled but obviously wagers are wrong and we are only on the 2nd event of the season, so what is so wrong with resetting the bankrolls to 1K? This would actually hurt me as I have close to 2600, but I think it is only fair since multiple people's wgers were screwed up......(I'm just the only one speaking up about it but I was told in upwards of 30+ PMs were sent to JLS about the wagers).

Post #29   3/13/18 4:20:37AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,491-3,027
Chips:
I vote for reset to 1000

Post #30   3/13/18 10:03:48AM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4