Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 'Of The Night' Awards Season 22 (Starts at UFC 222)

Print  
  Page 6 of 7   <<   3     4     5     6     7  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,740-3,298
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
POTN - Walt Harris
POTN - Jake Ellenberger
FOTN - Julio Arce vs Daniel Teymur

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #76   6/1/18 1:54:33PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:1,689-1,016
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
P - Walt Harris
P - Jake Ellenberger
F - Jimmie Rivera vs. Marlon Moraes

Post #77   6/1/18 2:44:09PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,541-2,391
Chips:
POTN - Jake Ellenberger
POTN - Nathaniel Wood
FOTN - Nik Lentz vs David Teymur

Post #78   6/1/18 5:52:27PM   

Stone

Belt Contender

Stone Avatar

Career:3,860-2,287
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
UFC Fight Night 131: Rivera vs. Moraes

POTN: Marlon Moraes
POTN: Gregor Gillespie
POTN: Ben Saunders
POTN: Nathaniel Wood

jushin - 14 (+2)(Gregor Gillespie)
Budgellism - 14
Five-Alive/Braden - 12
JLS - 12 (+2)(Nathaniel Wood)
Bigdawg004 - 10
coolbob - 8
Lexground - 8
Stone - 6
Leonstolzz - 0
aussiemma - 0
LooseCannon - 0

Post #79   6/7/18 12:59:03PM   

Lexground

MMA Regular

Lexground Avatar

Career:1,640-984
Chips:
Fight whitaker romero
Per tui tuivasa
Per blaydes

Post #80   6/7/18 6:58:57PM   

jushin

MMA Regular

jushin Avatar

Career:5,958-3,337
Chips:
FOTN - Romero vs. The scale oops I mean Whittaker

POTN - Holly Holm

POTN - Colby Covington

Post #81   6/8/18 5:53:53PM   

Bigdawg004

MMA Regular

Bigdawg004 Avatar

Career:4,623-2,874
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
FOTN - Lamas vs Bektic
POTN - Tuivasa
POTN - Gadelha

Post #82   6/8/18 8:34:00PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,740-3,298
Chips:
POTN - Tai Tuivasa
POTN - Charles Oliveira
FOTN - Joe Benavidez vs Sergio Pettis

Last edited 6/9/18 3:12PM server time by budgellism
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #83   6/9/18 11:44:34AM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:
P - Robert Whittaker
P - Charles Oliveira
F - Ricardo Lamas vs. Mirsad Bektic

Post #84   6/9/18 2:50:35PM   

Stone

Belt Contender

Stone Avatar

Career:3,860-2,287
Chips:
POTN Robert Whittaker
POTN Tai Tuivasa
POTN Curtis Blaydes
POTN Anthony Smith

Post #85   6/9/18 6:12:14PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
POTN - Tuavasa
POTN - Smith
FOTN - Benavidez vs Pettis

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #86   6/9/18 6:13:52PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:
I thought when a fighter misses weight, their fight isn't eligible for a FOTN bonus? HAd I know that not to be the case, then I would have picked Whittaker as FOTN, not POTN. Robert Whittakre should have gotten a POTN bonus, and a 4th POTN bonus should have been handed out. Not a FOTN bonus for 1 fighter but not the other due to missing weight. That extra 50k should have went to Smith, Ige or De La Rocha. That's cheap.

Post #87   6/10/18 5:56:28AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Braden

I thought when a fighter misses weight, their fight isn't eligible for a FOTN bonus? HAd I know that not to be the case, then I would have picked Whittaker as FOTN, not POTN. Robert Whittakre should have gotten a POTN bonus, and a 4th POTN bonus should have been handed out. Not a FOTN bonus for 1 fighter but not the other due to missing weight. That extra 50k should have went to Smith, Ige or De La Rocha. That's cheap.

I disagree! Whittaker/Romero had rightfully earned FOTN. You can't take that away from that great fight. Now with Romero missing weight he disqualified himself on any type of bonus. Bit theres no way you can say Whittaker deserved a POTN FOR a close decision when it was hands down the best FOTN. SHAME on Romero, not the side Game ran on a free mma site.

Post #88   6/10/18 8:29:25PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by Braden

I disagree! Whittaker/Romero had rightfully earned FOTN. You can't take that away from that great fight. Now with Romero missing weight he disqualified himself on any type of bonus. Bit theres no way you can say Whittaker deserved a POTN FOR a close decision when it was hands down the best FOTN. SHAME on Romero, not the side Game ran on a free mma site.

I never said shame on the side game, nor was I complaining about the side game... When I said "that's cheap", I was referring to the UFC for what I thought was not giving out a 4th 50k. Then I realised that Whittaker got Romero's 50k, on top of his, which I don't mind at all. I just wanted to see the UFC hand out the full 200k and not hold onto 50K themselves because of Romero.

I just had no idea that a fight 'in general' can be considered FOTN when one of the fighters misses weight. I thought it made that fight ineligible for FOTN, in 'real life'. I've seen FOTN performances where a fighter has missed weight, but that fight doesn't get it, and I thought the reason behind it was because the fight was ineligible, and only a POTN bonus can be given to the person who made weight. But I guess I was wrong on that.

But if I was right on that and the fight was ineligible of a FOTN bonus due to Romero missing weight, then I definitely think Whittaker should have received a POTN bonus, for his 'performance of the night', it was awesome! You don't have to get a finish to get a POTN bonus. Khabib got one when he beat up Barboza, but he never got a finish in that fight. The Whittaker/Romero fight was different than that one, but Robert definitely deserved a bonus, which he got, so I'm happy. And the UFC gave out the full 200k, so I'm happy that now.

I'm not sure how you interpenetrated that as me saying shame on the side game or complaining about the side game, at all?

Post #89   6/10/18 10:50:17PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Braden

Posted by JLS

Posted by Braden

I never said shame on the side game, nor was I complaining about the side game... When I said "that's cheap", I was referring to the UFC for what I thought was not giving out a 4th 50k. Then I realised that Whittaker got Romero's 50k, on top of his, which I don't mind at all. I just wanted to see the UFC hand out the full 200k and not hold onto 50K themselves because of Romero.

I just had no idea that a fight 'in general' can be considered FOTN when one of the fighters misses weight. I thought it made that fight ineligible for FOTN, in 'real life'. I've seen FOTN performances where a fighter has missed weight, but that fight doesn't get it, and I thought the reason behind it was because the fight was ineligible, and only a POTN bonus can be given to the person who made weight. But I guess I was wrong on that.

But if I was right on that and the fight was ineligible of a FOTN bonus due to Romero missing weight, then I definitely think Whittaker should have received a POTN bonus, for his 'performance of the night', it was awesome! You don't have to get a finish to get a POTN bonus. Khabib got one when he beat up Barboza, but he never got a finish in that fight. The Whittaker/Romero fight was different than that one, but Robert definitely deserved a bonus, which he got, so I'm happy. And the UFC gave out the full 200k, so I'm happy that now.

I'm not sure how you interpenetrated that as me saying shame on the side game or complaining about the side game, at all?

It's nothing to sweat b about. Or get all fired up about. Maybe it was just me ready your post wrong.

It is no big deal ar all!

Post #90   6/11/18 4:38:29AM   

Page 6 of 7   <<   3     4     5     6     7