Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC On Fox 28 - Stephens Vs. Emmett Results: Bonus Winners, Highlights, Attendance And Gate

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

July 21st Jinh InvictaChampion

JLS Avatar

Career:4,223-2,214
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Controversy struck in the UFC on Fox 28 main event from Orlando, Florida on Saturday night.

Jeremy Stephens seemingly secured a future shot at the UFC featherweight title with a destructive TKO victory over Josh Emmett. After being dropped in the first round, Stephens rebounded to put Emmett in trouble in the second with a hard left hook.

Emmett went down and Stephens vigorously looked for the finish. He landed a good number of shots leading to the finish, but unfortunately, a few of them looked to be illegal.

A series of elbows to the back of the head and a knee to the face of his grounded opponent should have led to a pause in the action–at the very least–and perhaps a point deduction.

Performance Bonus - Jeremy Stephens and Ilir Latifi

Fight Of The Night Bonus - Alan Jouban vs Ben Saunders

Link

Last edited 2/24/18 11:44PM server time by JLS
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   2/24/18 11:43:50PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,998-1,142
Camp: Bonnie and Clyde
Chips:
I originally thought it was a dirty finish and that the ref fucked up but, Stephens only landed one illegal elbow and his knee attempt to a downed opponent did not land. That elbow was hard though and directly to the back of the head but it's tough in those situations when the other guy is moving, defending and doing everything they can to recover/survive.

So many greatly contested fights tonight

Post #2   2/25/18 2:00:14AM   

JLS

JLS Avatar

Chips:
I haven't heard about how long these fighters will be out of action but Emmett just went from #4 to possibly not fighting again until 2019. You heard it here first 3 fractured bones in his orbital.

I think Stephens should've pumped the brakes on that finish honestly. I didn't mind the knee, the original elbows but what I found to be a little unnecessary was the extra 2 or 3 that were dropped on Emmett's face after he was unconscious.

How about Stephens vs Aldo? If we're being honest Stephens doesn't leapfrog The Edgar/T-City winner so I don't see why not. And if Stephens can best Aldo the timing will be right for a Stephens vs the winner of Holloway vs Edgar/Ortega winner.

Post #3   2/25/18 9:59:05AM   

bayzel22

Learning to Sprawl

bayzel22 Avatar

Career:4,827-3,019
Camp: The Elite 4 Horseman
Chips:
The 515 crushing mofos. Emmit just looked like an easy kill and he was. Props for putting JS down. 3 fractured orbital bones and a huge cut. Anyone know how many stitches that needed? That knee didnt land so ppl need to stop crying about it. THE right hand right after knocked him out. the 2 elbows were beautiful. i watch to see ppl get hurt bad. JS just dusted 2 savages in a month

Post #4   2/25/18 10:18:53AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,998-1,142
Camp: Bonnie and Clyde
Chips:

Posted by bayzel22

The 515 crushing mofos. Emmit just looked like an easy kill and he was. Props for putting JS down. 3 fractured orbital bones and a huge cut. Anyone know how many stitches that needed? That knee didnt land so ppl need to stop crying about it. THE right hand right after knocked him out. the 2 elbows were beautiful. i watch to see ppl get hurt bad. JS just dusted 2 savages in a month

Emmett was doing great up until getting caught with that full extension left hook. I don't watch to see fighters get hurt bad, sure the knockouts look great but I like to see good exchanges on the feet and on the ground and also creative techniques being implemented.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   2/25/18 3:52:08PM   

JLS

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by bayzel22

Emmett was doing great up until getting caught with that full extension left hook. I don't watch to see fighters get hurt bad, sure the knockouts look great but I like to see good exchanges on the feet and on the ground and also creative techniques being implemented.

Excellent fight and brutal Ko indeed!

I had no problems with the knee it didn't do anything. I had no problems with the unintentional 1 or 2 strikes to the back of the head. I thought Jeremy went a little to savage with the Fatality at the end. C'mon Emmett was already unconscious and he landed at least 2 strikes that were not necessary. I've been calling it to a few foes on here and my other Social Media outlets I use Emmett is done for the rest of 2018 make no mistake. I don't see him fighting until earliest February or March of next year. I figure he'll have no contact for at least 3 months. Then start from scratch again. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of those fight's that completely changes his career. Maybe I'm a little premature on this bold statement but only time will tell. Emmett will be roughly 34 years old when he fights again. And who even knows if he'll come back to 145lbs. I'm thinking he'll come back in '19 at Lightweight but that's just my opinion. Definitely a career altering, not ending, fight.

Post #6   2/25/18 9:32:08PM