Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sad face

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
Who was that drunk? He must've tried to spark something in here. It was like trying to start a fire in the bottom of the ocean.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #16   2/20/18 1:20:55PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Career:1,682-1,011
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
You guys make some valid points.

I've been here since early 2012, 3 months earlier than JLS, I just never started participating in discussion until a couple years ago and I also took a break a few times from doing picks. I did however look at the forums back then and always continued to. I seen how it was, as years went on it started fizzling out for reasons that many of you have brought up.

The ONLY way I see things turning around for the better is if someone else takes over this site, makes some changes and gives it a serious face lift to get it updated. Nothing against the moderators and the people who run this site, but it needs some new people who have the time and dedication to keep this site properly running, improving and up to date as time goes on. It's so outdated it disinterests people from coming here (new and old faces) and as time goes on more and more people are leaving.

It doesn't look like and operate like a site you'd see in 2018, it still looks like a site from the mid 2000's and who wants to go there? This site needs to look and operate like a site from 2018. Even geting it to the point of where there's an app for mmaplayground.

I have no clue how to go about making these changes or how to find someone who can but someone who knows what to do needs to come along and do it. I think the best thing that can be done for this site is if people look for someone who has the abilities to do all of these things and bring this site back to life.

I'm not sure if it'll attract the old members to come back as I feel a bunch of them have just moved on completely. I do however think it'll bring in a ton of new members. I could see it getting back into the thousands, especially if we have people running this site who can get it the exposure it needs.

The thing I really like about this fantasy mma site that UFC pick ems doesn't have is the wager part. I find that really unique and something that would be a real draw to others who do UFC pickems or are interested in fantasy mma. Plus, the camps competing for top camp in each divisions are cool, too. You also have the L2 league. If these things are promoted properly they can be big draws to this site.

If some other people don't take over this site I think it'll continue to go downhill and possibly even get to the point of where it's gone altogether. It's already starting to look like a ghost town, the next thing is for it to completely turn into one.

JLS, what I'd suggest is for you, the other mods and whoever else runs this site, to find someone else that can take over and make the changes necessary to get this site where it needs to be in order to thrive again.

Post #17   2/20/18 4:32:17PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,367-2,312
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Who was that drunk? He must've tried to spark something in here. It was like trying to start a fire in the bottom of the ocean.

That's exactly what was being being discussed. How there's not much in terms of a discussion's, a drop off in fantasy mma picks and how the site looks outdated and could use an overhaul.

Post #18   2/20/18 5:08:07PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
To answer that question Five_Alive I'm pretty sure many of those items have been brought up. I believe that's why some of the previous mods gave up their parts. There's only so much that can be done from a members standpoint.

There's not much to the actual "Moderator". Not much to keep an eye on here. Just the occasional "bots", "spammers" and "solicitors". Mostly just time with adding events, keeping results entered in a timely manner, accolades, and running the event scores after the last fight of each card.

Post #19   2/20/18 5:21:20PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,067-1,183
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

We need more Poo-osters in this dump

make your picks ya bum !

Post #20   2/20/18 5:26:08PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by jjeans

We need more Poo-osters in this dump

make your picks ya bum !

More Poo-osters and more pickers would both be cool.

Post #21   2/20/18 5:31:20PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,346-2,951
Chips:
Wont lie im on here like 20 percent now and on ufc fight club 80 percent. I still love picks here over ufc pickem. Love league 2.

Post #22   2/20/18 5:53:48PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,367-834
Chips:
I’ve made picks the last 2 events buddy. I’m trying

Reasons I stopped playing/posting:

The forum isn’t that mobile friendly, for someone who spends 7 hours of his day on his phone that’s going to be a problem.
The forums slowed down majorly.
Facebook - I have made a tonne of friends on the site. A buddy on here JakeWalters saved my life when I was trying to commit suicide.
I don’t need to post on here cause I can ask Chris, Michael, Justin, Zack, Matt, Eric, the Brandon’s, Jim, Brooks, Jordan, Patrick, Dave, Bobby or whoever the hell directly. I no longer need a forum to do this, I can just post a status. These guys I’d like to say are my friends now, not just a username and an opinion.

Also we talk about JakeWalters saving my life.
Kpro is a whole other ball game. Might make another thread on that shit.

Also personal problems.
See thread “is normal?”
This was the beginning step into potentially schizophrenia so we’re seeing how it plays out

Dirty Blue

Post #23   2/20/18 5:57:43PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:1,295-852
Chips:
Ive missed you guys...

The mobile thing was pretty big for me too (as I squint typing this on my phone)

Another thing like Jay mentioned, I think I just started talking to friends I had made on here like Jay, P$, Chris, etc. more personally on social media than I did here.

Time played into it for me too, I moved to Colorado then came back to Florida to go to law school in 2015.. I hardly had time to watch MMA let alone poost and make picks on here.

As far as what Jay said regarding me and his mental health, all I did was answer the phone and chat with a friend like anyone would but I'm very thankful you're still alive bud. Takes stones to address a mental health issue head on so I'm proud of you making strides to handle that.

The main reason I left though was Shawn 911. What a douchebag, amirite guys?

RIP Kpro

Post #24   2/23/18 2:42:26PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,084-2,200
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Ive missed you guys...

The mobile thing was pretty big for me too (as I squint typing this on my phone)

Another thing like Jay mentioned, I think I just started talking to friends I had made on here like Jay, P$, Chris, etc. more personally on social media than I did here.

Time played into it for me too, I moved to Colorado then came back to Florida to go to law school in 2015.. I hardly had time to watch MMA let alone poost and make picks on here.

As far as what Jay said regarding me and his mental health, all I did was answer the phone and chat with a friend like anyone would but I'm very thankful you're still alive bud. Takes stones to address a mental health issue head on so I'm proud of you making strides to handle that.

The main reason I left though was Shawn 911. What a douchebag, amirite guys?

RIP Kpro

Post #25   2/23/18 2:57:13PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

I totally meant to say Adrenaline, you know I got nothing but love for Shawn9111111

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #26   2/23/18 3:03:19PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,084-2,200
Chips:
I don't post nearly as much as I used to, not even close to what I once did in my camp even.

The main reason is life gets in the way, I have zero time to spend now researching fighters, and in MMA you need to know fighters, and how they fared in previous fights, it's not something you can step away and step back into and expect to know the fighters.

Next is the number of events, even when I had the time to research, it was boring at times watching fighters who are not even close to UFC caliber fighting, and then giving a shit to watch the event week, after week, after week. 3 weeks between events is ideal

There is nothing that can be done about this site, people leave for various reasons, life, lost of interest in MMA, annoyance at previous mods etc, and the site itself never really updated. Just ride the wave until the end.

Post #27   2/23/18 4:56:17PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

RIP Kpro

Does RIP Kpro mean he's passed?

I didn't know him very well, Kyle I believe he said his name was that ran the "Surprise Van". Really sad to hear.

Post #28   2/23/18 5:03:51PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,367-834
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Kpro is a whole other ball game. Might make another thread on that shit.

Dirty Blue

Post #29   2/23/18 5:26:42PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by jakewalters

RIP Kpro

Does RIP Kpro mean he's passed?

I didn't know him very well, Kyle I believe he said his name was that ran the "Surprise Van". Really sad to hear.

He didn't die but he dropped off the face of the Earth out of nowhere... Jay will get to it one day I'm sure. I hope he's alright

Post #30   2/23/18 6:23:48PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3