Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sad face

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
This place is dead as shit right now

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   2/18/18 6:58:32PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,325-1,497
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I almost only exclusively lurk nowadays

But I am here every single day

Post #2   2/18/18 7:01:44PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:
I'm out and about tonight!!! This main event is great!!!

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #3   2/18/18 7:04:46PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:
How's the daughter?

Post #4   2/18/18 7:05:22PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
Sassy

She's my everything.

Wish this place would pick up like it use to be.

Same old pipe dream that's been beaten to death for years

Post #5   2/18/18 7:07:59PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Chips:
Glad to hear she's doing well. This place is weird now

Post #6   2/18/18 7:15:35PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,367-834
Chips:
We need more Poo-osters in this dump

Dirty Blue

Post #7   2/18/18 9:37:23PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Career:1,682-1,011
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Just curious, what made you guys stop posting and what would have to happen in order for that to change?

It's obvious changes need to be made in order for things to pick back up. The site is very outdated, not the most user friendly and is starting to show constant issues. It doesn't really attract new faces because of that and many longtime members are starting to give up on this place.

So please, instead of pointing out the obvious that this place is dead, share why you have left and what would have to change in order for you to come back, not only to posting in the forums but playing the game regularly?

Post #8   2/19/18 4:07:37AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
Its not that I left. I mean I am still here always have been. I just lurk now because nobody else really posts in the main forum

Most members have just gone to posting in their camp forums (like myself)

Now here it is from my perspective and a little more as to why I think nobody wants to post in the main forums anymore..........its the mods.....more specifically the enforcement of outdated rules by the mods

This place use to be badass because of the humor shared and the flame wars that would take place. Then with time it got all PC (politically correct)

much of it has to do with this place trying to be passed along as a "family friendly" site. That imo is part of the problem. 99% of this place is male and i would even say 95% are older than 18 which in my eyes makes you a grown up that can handle flame wars and what have you.

the things people get passionate about you cant talk about here (basically everything that is listed as NOT being acceptable in the off-topic section) which is imo dumb.

Sure this place cant and should not turn into the wild west but that is what the mods are there for. to enforce the rules when the HAVE to be, not just any chance they get because they want to flex their mod power. (sorry if i offend anyone but its true)

constantly locking threads after getting the last word acting morally superior TURNS PEOPLE OFF

i really dont know why this idea hasnt crossed people's minds already. Shit maybe it has who really knows.

just my .02

anyone that feels like they want to debate this I am up for the challenge

Post #9   2/19/18 6:22:38PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,491-2,364
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by george112

Its not that I left. I mean I am still here always have been. I just lurk now because nobody else really posts in the main forum

Now here it is from my perspective and a little more as to why I think nobody wants to post in the main forums anymore..........its the mods.....more specifically the enforcement of outdated rules by the mods

This place use to be badass because of the humor shared and the flame wars that would take place. Then with time it got all PC (politically correct)

much of it has to do with this place trying to be passed along as a "family friendly" site. That imo is part of the problem. 99% of this place is male and i would even say 95% are older than 18 which in my eyes makes you a grown up that can handle flame wars and what have you.

the things people get passionate about you cant talk about here (basically everything that is listed as NOT being acceptable in the off-topic section) which is imo dumb.

Sure this place cant and should not turn into the wild west but that is what the mods are there for. to enforce the rules when the HAVE to be, not just any chance they get because they want to flex their mod power. (sorry if i offend anyone but its true)

constantly locking threads after getting the last word acting morally superior TURNS PEOPLE OFF

i really dont know why this idea hasnt crossed people's minds already. Shit maybe it has who really knows.

just my .02

I'm only Mod so you guys can play this fantasy game. You know correct bout orders, start times, venues, main card for Casual League, add and remove fights in a timely manner.

I get some assistance with that of course and then there's the Secondary League is well.

Not much of anyone helping run these fantasy games besides Budge and Card.

Not even sure if I've ever had to lock a thread. Maybe delete a few. There was some serious drunk out of their mind threads started yesterday. Not sure if you saw all 9 of them or how many ever there were but it was getting borderline embarrassing when I'm inviting an entire FB group to check out this cool free fantasy MMA site and the first threads they see are obnoxious. I think if you saw them you would would have to agree to an extent that could've been limited to a couple threads at most. But for the most part I don't even care what you guys post.

Post #10   2/19/18 7:17:41PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by george112

just my .02

I'm only Mod so you guys can play this fantasy game. You know correct bout orders, start times, venues, main card for Casual League, add and remove fights in a timely manner.

I get some assistance with that of course and then there's the Secondary League is well.

Not much of anyone helping run these fantasy games besides Budge and Card.

Not even sure if I've ever had to lock a thread. Maybe delete a few. There was some serious drunk out of their mind threads started yesterday. Not sure if you saw all 9 of them or how many ever there were but it was getting borderline embarrassing when I'm inviting an entire FB group to check out this cool free fantasy MMA site and the first threads they see are obnoxious. I think if you saw them you would would have to agree to an extent that could've been limited to a couple threads at most. But for the most part I don't even care what you guys post.

i wasnt trying to imply the mods are not needed. they serve an important purpose. for yourself it seems to be to deal with the fantasy game which is perfectly fine.

No disrespect to you or any of the work you do that wasnt my point. it is greatly appreciated as the game is still fun to play especially for us that are in camps

i was more referring to the past. its not that i dont think you havent been here long enough to remember those days but it is entirely possible you werent.

the older members that have been around know exactly whom I am talking about. i dont wanna say names as it is just going to possibly cause petty arguments fueled by nothing but hurt feelings and what not.

passive aggression was a huge problem with some of the mods and it got to a point where like i said nobody wanted to post for fear of getting banned or just having their thread locked with a smart ass last comment attached to it.

now about the threads started yesterday.

those threads were started by a long time member whom was trying to get people to just plain post. it worked a little I mean to the ones that saw them. like myself. we have had a PG facebook group chat for the LONGEST time filled with OGs he gave a heads up on there what he was doing and I actually told him to go for it. there comes a point where sitting around waiting for some magical re-emergence to happen is just not going to cut it. sure it took some alcohol to spur whatever caused SS to post but he posted nonetheless

this sites main forums are BORING. B O R I N G. . Apart from the side games and news section I dont even see the point for the other categories.

Its frustrating for me as i am sure it is for you too. but it is just the way it is now.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   2/19/18 7:45:11PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Career:359-222
Chips:

Posted by george112

just my .02

Five and I get into arguments with each other almost everytime we post something and it gets pretty heated at time, lol. But not once have I been banned, so I can't agree with that the mods abuse their power.

I think the biggest issue is that most people find out about MMA by watching UFC, so when they want to start predicted fights they end up on the UFC Pick 'Em site and just end up staying there. There really isn't anything different between this site and that one except here we have the BOTR league, with promotions and fighters a lot of people probably don't even know about.

Another issue is that MMA has cooled considerably since it's peak in like 2008, 2009.
Yeah, we had people like Ronda and Conor making MMA mainstream but the issue is that people only cared about them and not the sport.
MMA was so cool because it was different and there was nothing like it. The UFC would put on like 15-20 shows a year and so every card was a big deal. Now they do like 35 to 40 shows a year and people don't care the majority of the time because it's not new or unique anymore. MMA is just another sport now. You miss one card then you can just watch the next in a week. It's not like the UFC has given you a reason to care about 99% of their roster.
So I think people are just tuning off of MMA right now. That doesn't mean I think the sport is in trouble or dying. I thought boxing was pretty much dead when 2015 ended but it has come back strong in the past couple of years and people are caring about it again. The same will happen with MMA whenever the new UFC owners figure shit out, or when Bellator or some MMA promotion capitalize on the UFC mistakes and gets people interested in MMA again.

Post #12   2/19/18 7:59:19PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
while i respect your post and your opinion I just dont think you have been around long enough to know what I am talking about

Post #13   2/19/18 8:02:01PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,491-2,364
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by george112

while i respect your post and your opinion I just dont think you have been around long enough to know what I am talking about

Yeah I get it and I appreciate your Private Message you sent me.

I'm probably on the fringe since I joined in 2012. You guys were here 5 years before. When I 1st started there were around 2500-3000 active Big Show players. Now i haven't checked lately but it's gotta be 600-800. Ballpark figures.

I've been using the PG's Twitter account. Not overly active but try and send out a few tweets per week.

Also I tried to get the Best of The Rest a spark with offering a relatively small cash prize to this season. It seems to have pushed the numbers up roughly an extra 20 players.

The sites side games and Fantasy scoring system is great. Would be nice to have more in all areas. But it is what it is.

I'm just surprised that not as many people play Best of The Rest, L2 for the old skoolers. No other site has an exclusive card of the elite Non-Ufc fights formed into a combo. We've tweaked it some to hopefully betterb things such as slightly smaller cards, promotionsb that are almost always viewable in some sort of way and going as far as not forcing too low of quality cards. We just had a 2 week break. Hoping to try and get another week break ASAP with 3 consecutive events. And there's been an enormous amount of L2 fighters that have made it to the Big Show. Just last night alone; Tim Williams, Oskar Piechota, Alex Morono, Geoff Neal, Brian Camozzi, Roberto Sanchez, Derrick Lewis, Marcin Tybura, Sage Northcutt, Gouti, Steven Peterson Curtis Millender, Flash Gordon, and Carlos Diego Ferreira have all been on an L2 card for sure. That's over half of the fighters.

As for 5 Alive and Leon, no disrespect at all but you guys missed those days. You guys are great contributors to the forums, fantasy games and side games. We need more people like you guys in all honesty. 5 Alive has been fantastic with the news articles and guys like stone have picked up and continued to run some of the side games. There's just too much other responsibilities for some members and its difficult to find the time to keep up with the behind the scene stuff, camp posting, main forums, side games, etc. But we're still here as a site for nearly 11 years now.

Post #14   2/19/18 8:40:06PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
I agree JLS

The L2 is definitely an upside here. Shoot I even played last event for the first time in forever and didnt even do too bad.

Post #15   2/19/18 8:56:16PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3