Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dominick Cruz to ‘silly’ T.J. Dillashaw: ‘Stop going down and looking for little baby boys at 125’

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Career:1,682-1,011
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
When Max Holloway pulled out of UFC 222, the UFC was left to scramble for a pay-per-view worthy main event that could headline on short notice, and their first choice was a bantamweight title rematch between T.J. Dillashaw and Cody Garbrandt. Garbrandt was all for the idea but Dillashaw declined, saying he wouldn’t defend his belt on four weeks’ notice when he was instead pursuing a superfight with flyweight champion and pound-for-pound king, Demetrious Johnson. Now it appears that fight is in the works for this summer, and not everyone is happy about it, including former bantamweight champion, Dominick Cruz.

Speaking recently on MaxOut with Ed Mylett, Cruz showed some annoyance with the bantamweight title situation, suggesting that he should get to fight for the belt next and that Dillashaw wanted to take an “easy fight” instead of risk losing his title.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   2/8/18 3:03:44PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
'Silly Dilly', lol

Post #2   2/8/18 3:04:23PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
Cruz is one of the multiple guys TJ should fight before trying to run down to 125.... but then again we likely know what's going to happen if he fights Cruz again.

Without a belt, Silly Dilly knows he's not getting the DJ fight so it really is in his best interest to try and get that fight before he loses the BW belt, again. A rusty Dominick Cruz took it the first time, don't see why he won't do it again.

Post #3   2/8/18 7:25:30PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Career:359-222
Chips:
Hey, I bet TJ is down to fight Dom whenever Dom's brittle bones decide not to break and shatter

And let's be real, TJ was robbed that fight.

Post #4   2/8/18 7:54:30PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:
I doubt it, he'll probably say Dominick has to wait 2 years like he had to, or something along those lines. That's his new saying.

Cruz will probably have to win a fight in the meantime, anyways. I can't see the UFC giving him a title shot coming off a loss to Cody.

It was a close fight, you can't really call close fights robberies no matter which way they go. Had TJ got the nod, you'd have a bunch of people saying Cruz got robbed. In a close fight, nobody gets robbed. Cruz got the win, everyone that disagrees needs to just suck it up.

Post #5   2/8/18 9:31:09PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,092-1,195
Chips:
Dom Cruz cracks me up lol

Post #6   2/8/18 11:16:33PM   

UFC_Fanatic

MMA Sensei

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:2,557-1,612
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

I doubt it, he'll probably say Dominick has to wait 2 years like he had to, or something along those lines. That's his new saying.

Cruz will probably have to win a fight in the meantime, anyways. I can't see the UFC giving him a title shot coming off a loss to Cody.

It was a close fight, you can't really call close fights robberies no matter which way they go. Had TJ got the nod, you'd have a bunch of people saying Cruz got robbed. In a close fight, nobody gets robbed. Cruz got the win, everyone that disagrees needs to just suck it up.

Personally, I felt it was really and figured the fight could go either way when it happened, but on my own personal scorecard I had Dom winning the fight

Post #7   2/9/18 1:49:12AM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,328-1,627
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Dam Cruz. Disrespectful much?! Dude’s got little man syndrome. DJ would wipe the floor with his ass.

Post #8   2/9/18 10:32:42AM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,664-1,025
Camp: Burlingtonians Only
Chips:

Posted by tildengolfer

Dam Cruz. Disrespectful much?! Dude’s got little man syndrome. DJ would wipe the floor with his ass.

I know it was a long time ago (6 or 7 years), but Cruz does hold 1 victory of DJ. I realize the fight was at 135#s and DJ is a completely different fighter now, but I don't he would mop the floor with Cruz. He would for sure be a slight favorite at 125#s, but not sure if as much of a favorite at 135#s.

Post #9   2/9/18 11:55:43AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:2,108-1,311
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by Dberntson

Posted by tildengolfer

I know it was a long time ago (6 or 7 years), but Cruz does hold 1 victory of DJ. I realize the fight was at 135#s and DJ is a completely different fighter now, but I don't he would mop the floor with Cruz. He would for sure be a slight favorite at 125#s, but not sure if as much of a favorite at 135#s.

And let's not act like dillahole is the pinnacle of sportsmanship and respect

Post #10   2/9/18 2:02:46PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,328-1,627
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Dberntson

Posted by tildengolfer

And let's not act like dillahole is the pinnacle of sportsmanship and respect

Agree to both. I think current landscape DJ beats Cruz at 125 and maybe 135. At Cruz’s height of his career a few years back, he’d wipe the floor with DJ regardless of weight. I am just not a fan of Cruz and how he runs his mouth towards people who have done him no wrong. He is a class act when it comes to disrespect. Serious ego issues.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #11   2/9/18 2:54:51PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:4,101-2,208
Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Hey, I bet TJ is down to fight Dom whenever Dom's brittle bones decide not to break and shatter

No he wasn't

Post #12   2/9/18 3:32:43PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Leonstolzz

No he wasn't

Looking back with MMAdecisions and Fight Metric, yeah, that fight was unbelievably close.
I remember I scored it for Dillashaw at the time but looking at the stats it could have gone either way easily.
Too bad Dom went and ducked Dillashaw for the next two years so we never got the rematch.
And knowing Dom and his injury proneness he'll probably be out for another 2 years so we'll probably never get a rematch.

Post #13   2/9/18 3:49:09PM   

Braden

\\// & <3 mmapg

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Leonstolzz

No he wasn't

Looking back with MMAdecisions and Fight Metric, yeah, that fight was unbelievably close.
I remember I scored it for Dillashaw at the time but looking at the stats it could have gone either way easily.
Too bad Dom went and ducked Dillashaw for the next two years so we never got the rematch.
And knowing Dom and his injury proneness he'll probably be out for another 2 years so we'll probably never get a rematch.

This coming from a guy who complains about instant rematches. TJ won 2 fights since that loss. TJ should be thankful all he had to do was win 2 fights in order to get a title shot, most people have to win more than 2 fights and wait longer than 2 years after losing the belt before they can get another crack at it. Had he fought more, then maybe he wouldn't have waited as long as he did which actually wasn't long at all, it was less than 2 years. 2 fights in under 2 years and you get a title shot, that's sound like a really good deal to me. Only a crybaby would bitch and complain about it like as if it was a raw deal.

Mocking someone over injuries just speaks volumes about your character. You don't know what Cruz and his family have gone through, the toll it takes on one mentally to go through hard times like that, then have to bounce back everytime and compete at the highest level. It's a roller coaster ride that's the opposite of fun. For you to mock him over his injuries is pretty pathetic.... and you call me an asshole, maybe you should look in the mirror, dude.

Post #14   2/9/18 4:46:31PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Leonstolzz

No he wasn't

This coming from a guy who complains about instant rematches. TJ won 2 fights since that loss. TJ should be thankful all he had to do was win 2 fights in order to get a title shot, most people have to win more than 2 fights and wait longer than 2 years after losing the belt before they can get another crack at it. Had he fought more, then maybe he wouldn't have waited as long as he did which actually wasn't long at all, it was less than 2 years. 2 fights in under 2 years and you get a title shot, that's sound like a really good deal to me. Only a crybaby would bitch and complain about it like as if it was a raw deal.

Mocking someone over injuries just speaks volumes about your character. You don't know what Cruz and his family have gone through, the toll it takes on one mentally to go through hard times like that, then have to bounce back everytime and compete at the highest level. It's a roller coaster ride that's the opposite of fun. For you to mock him over his injuries is pretty pathetic.... and you call me an asshole, maybe you should look in the mirror, dude.

PFFT, are you serious? Maybe Dom shouldn't have mocked Cody for his father leaving him as a child and saying that he had daddy issues. Could you imagine how the most have affecting Cody? Bringing up horrible memories like that? Dom is an asshole through and through and is just as pity as anybody who has ever fought in the UFC and I will gladly mock that injury prone asshat.

And I love how you still haven't answeared my question on who else TJ could have fought to get a title shot? He beat Assuncao who was like #3 at the time, and he beat Linkeker who was like #7 or #8, while Dom sat out and fought an old Uriah and Cody who like #9. I'm sure if the UFC offered Cody to TJ at the time he would have taken it but they never did. What was he suppose to do? Fight bums? Look how well that went for Racardo Lamas, who was like #3 in the FW divsion and now he's like #6 and will probably never fight for a title again.

And don't give me that bullshit about "Some people have waited longer to get a
shot at the title again" WHO! Who had to wait longer? Weidman? That's because he was gonna have an immediate rematch with Rockhold but he pulled out due to a neck injury. That was Weidman's fault. TJ was healthy and was willing to fight Cruz whenever in those 2 years.

And look, I don't give a fuck if they do Grabrandt vs. TJ 2, but it was bullshit that the UFC tried to do it on 3 weeks notice, that's bullshit for any champion.

Last edited 2/9/18 10:42PM server time by Leonstolzz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   2/9/18 10:32:52PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2