Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

After last three fights on UFC contract, Mark Hunt plans to leave organization

Print  
Posted By Message

Braden

<3 SEXY FACE <3

Braden Avatar

Career:1,634-996
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It’s been a tumultuous couple of years for Mark Hunt fighting for (and with) the UFC, and he’s ready to move on to the next stage of his career.

The 43-year-old MMA and kickboxing veteran recently appeared on Submission Radio to talk about where he stands with the world’s largest fight promotion. Hunt had a disagreement with the UFC recently after he was pulled from a Nov. 19 show due to comments he made to “Players Voice”. In that article, Hunt admitted to having issues with his memory and that he sometimes slurred his words, which prompted officials to seek further testing before allowing Hunt to compete again.

Hunt was not happy with the decision and suggested that it was tied to his ongoing lawsuit against the UFC, company president Dana White, and Brock Lesnar over the promotion allegedly knowing that Lesnar was taking performance enhancing drugs ahead of a fight with Hunt at UFC 200 in July 2016.

Regardless, the UFC has since deemed Hunt fit to fight and he meets Curtis Blaydes at UFC 221 on Feb. 11 in Perth, Australia. According to Hunt, that’s one of the last three fights on his current contract, and he was asked if his run in the Octagon will soon be over.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   12/22/17 5:02:48AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,215-2,873
Chips:
Love hunt but i think his age itself ufc would let him walk at this point. He went from hero to zero with all the bitching he has done the past 2 plus years major turn off.

Post #2   12/22/17 5:56:38AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,991-1,139
Camp: Bonnie and Clyde
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Love hunt but i think his age itself ufc would let him walk at this point. He went from hero to zero with all the bitching he has done the past 2 plus years major turn off.

He has been bitching, they even did a live interview on the Australian version of UFC tonight just the other day and he goes on and on about the drug cheats and how the UFC are scumbags...I do understand his point and he got fucked majorly in the Lesnar fight but he can't keep going on about it and bad mouthing his employer without consequences.

He is getting old now and I really don't like this match up with Blaydes, he is much younger, faster, stronger, more athletic and a much better wrestler than Hunt.

Post #3   12/22/17 6:36:06AM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,664-1,025
Camp: Burlingtonians Only
Chips:
Used to be a fan of Hunt, but like the rest, am tire of his hypocrisy and complaining when things do not go his way. He used to say something to the effect that he didn't care what fighters do and if they take performance enhancing drugs as he can still knock them all just the same, and then all of a sudden had a problem when he started to lose to them. I'm pretty sure he made a statement like that prior to the Lesnar fight. Also, he said in an interview that he is having medical issues, specifically brain issues, from fighting, and then complains when pulled from a fight for further testing. This is his fault, not the UFCs. I'm sure he will end up in Bellator once done with the UFC.

Post #4   12/22/17 8:50:06AM   

isk

MMA Sensei

isk Avatar

Career:5-3
Chips:
Mark Hunt is gonna go out like Legends of the Fall

Post #5   12/22/17 11:40:29AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,991-1,139
Camp: Bonnie and Clyde
Chips:

Posted by isk

you mean he's going to be ripped apart by a bear ?

Post #6   12/22/17 11:45:32AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,215-2,873
Chips:
It just amazing how you can be a fan of a fighter and just despise him. I liked hunt but know just retire dude. Im done with ya.

Post #7   12/22/17 12:09:15PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:5,330-3,249
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by prozacnation1978

He has been bitching, they even did a live interview on the Australian version of UFC tonight just the other day and he goes on and on about the drug cheats and how the UFC are scumbags...I do understand his point and he got fucked majorly in the Lesnar fight but he can't keep going on about it and bad mouthing his employer without consequences.

He is getting old now and I really don't like this match up with Blaydes, he is much younger, faster, stronger, more athletic and a much better wrestler than Hunt.

I totally understand getting fed up with hearing about it, even if it’s right. That said, I highly doubt he cares about the consequences at this stage in his career. I think his age is part of what has enabled him to continue to beat this drum. A 26 year old isn’t going to risk termination like Hunt is willing to.

Post #8   12/22/17 2:50:37PM   

isk

MMA Sensei

isk Avatar

Career:5-3
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by isk

you mean he's going to be ripped apart by a bear ?

Close. Mark Hunt is the bear

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #9   12/22/17 3:24:24PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,468-3,140
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
He'll fit in nicely in Rizin. It'll be a good way to close out his career

Post #10   12/23/17 7:25:30AM