Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Invicta FC 26 / LFA 28 / ACB 76 / Bellator 190 / Pancrase 292 Preview

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Career:3,908-2,061
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Invicta FC 26
Jennifer Maia (14-4-1) vs Agnieszka Niedzwiedz (10-0)
Mackenzie Dern (4-0) vs Kaline Medeiros (8-5)
Kinberly Novaes (9-3) vs Janaisa Morandin (9-1)
Venessa Porto (18-8) vs Milana Dudieva (11-6)
Amy Montenegro (8-2) vs Virna Jandiroba (11-0)
Amber Brown (6-4) vs Tessa Smith (5-2)

Invicta Preview
The Main Event features 2 really good Flyweights in Maia and Niedzwiedz. These 2 could've probably been on the TUF 26 show and either one could've possibly won. But imo there big things coming for the winner with this being a Title Fight. This is the HB (Hotbout) for a reason as this could go either way. Maia's last fight for Invicta FC was a Split Decision win over Roxanne Modafferi who fought for the inaugural Flyweight UFC Title. Her last loss was to another TUF 26 contestant Deanna Bennett but that was 3 years ago since she's tasted defeat. Niedzwiedz on the other hand has been flawless thus far @ 10-0. Both of these ladies share a common victory over the tough Porto, both by Unanimous Decision. I think the winner will go to the UFC next.

In the Co-Main Event we have perhaps the hottest WMMA prospect in the World not signed by the UFC in Dern. Her struggles have been making the 115lb weight limit. And I think this is gonna be a good proving ground for her to see if she can make that weight consistently before being signed by the UFC. Mederois is no slouch, and this will be the BJJ Ace Dern's toughest test to date. Mederois recently lost to Angela Hill but was able to go all 5 Rounds with her but came up short.

In the 3rd bout Novaes at 9-3 is much better than her record shows. Her only losses have been to Juliana Lima and Syuri Kondo, both in the UFC now and her other loss was against Herica Tiburcio former Invicta Champion who is currently out due to pregnancy. Novaes has a tough opponent Janaisa Morandin who suffered her first loss in her last fight against Livia Souza who has now been signed with the UFC. Good to see Morandin move up to 115lb because my favorite female fighter Jinh Yu Frey was suppose to fight her at 105lbs and that fight fell thru because Janaisa missed weight terribly. And when i miss out on watching my favorite fighter fight that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This should be a tossup.

In the 4th fight the 18-8 Porto who could've also done well if she was on TUF 26 will take on Milana Dudieva, whose a UFC Veteran. Porto seems to only lose to the best. She's riding a 2 fight losing streak to the 2 women that are in the Main Event of this show, prior to that she beat Modafferi. Porto's opponent Dudieva got cut from the UFC for back-to-back losses to 2 very tough fighters Marion Reneau and Juliana Pena and lost her Invicta FC debut to Mara Romero Borella who was then signed by the UFC and made quick work of her first opponent Faria finishing her in the 1st Round. Very interesting fight.

In the 5th fight Amy Montenegro who was a TUF 23 contestant that didn't fair too well but bounced back with a solid win over Celine Haga which was regarded as one of the better Women fights of 2017. Montenegro will have an extremely tough test tomorrow against the undefeated Virna Jandiroba who has wins over former UFC fighters Ericka Almeida and Lisa Ellis.

And in the final Invicta Bout part of this combo we have a good one despite the records Amber Brown(6-4) against Tessa Simpson (5-2). Amber Brown needs a win but it won't come easy. She dropped 3 straight but look at this competition level; Ashley Cummins (TUF 23 contestant/Bellator) , Ashley Yoder (current UFC fighter) and Ayaka Hamasaki who is one of the best and vacated her 105 Invicta Belt to go up a Division. Tessa Simpson (5-2) is also really good she's coming off a narrow Split Decision loss to Herica Tiburcio (Former Invicta Atomweight Champ). Too bad one of these 2 have to lose.

LFA 28
Damon Jackson (12-2-1) vs Anselmo Luis Luna Jr. (14-6)
Miles Johns (5-0) vs Caio Machado (11-3)

LFA Preview
We ended up losing the original Main Event Evan Cutts vs Jaleel Willis and another Main Card Fight Kevin Holland vs Chris Bachmeier. So Jackson Luna was promoted to the Main Event. Also not part of our combo but Steven Peterson will be on LFA's Main Card. His fight was left off because it was a squash match. Peterson is a guy to look out for because he was on Dana's Contender Series and lost a Split Decision to Benito Lopez. Lopez is on this Saturdays UFC FN 123: Swanson vs Ortega and Lopez will fight Albert Morales. That easily could've been Steven "Oucho" Peterson in that spot.

In the Main Event UFC Veteran Damon Jackson is trying to work himself back into the UFC with a very winnable fight against Luna. Jackson was recently set back 2 fights ago against Kevin Aguilar. Aguilar is definitely on the UFC radar. This should be Damon Jackson's fight to lose but Luna is better than that 14-6 record indicates.

In other Main Card action 5-0 Miles Johns takes on Machado. Miles for the most part hasn't fought the greatest competition but has a quality last win against Levi Mowels. Machado has 3 losses, 1 was against Thomas Almeida and another against the Steven Peterson guy that I mentioned a couple of times. So this should be a compelling matchup. Obviously Machado has fought the better competition, so this is Miles Johns toughest fought to date. A win for Miles and he'll be a guy that we'll have to keep an eye on.

ACB 76 Gold Coast
Sharaf Davlatmurodov (12-1-1) vs Brett Cooper (23-13)
Dylan Andrews (18-7) vs Azamat Amagov (9-1)
Dean Garnett (9-1-1) vs Anthony Leone (9-1)

ACB Preview
In the Main Event we have Davlatmuodov vs Long time Bellator vet Brett Cooper who seems to be exclusively fighting for ACB, well at least of late. Here's something interesting Sharaf Davlatmurodov only loss was to Mukhamed Berkhamov (13-1). But Brett Cooper last loss was to Mukhamed Berkhamov, the same guy. And another coincidence is both Cooper and Davlatmurodov lost to this guy in the 2nd Round. Interesting fight because everyone that knows Cooper knows that 23-13 record serves him no justice. Prior to Cooper's loss to Berkhamov he beat two studs; Aslambek Saidov (21-5) and Belan Isaev (36-9). So you can never count Cooper out. Cooper probably has one of the toughest resume's out there including fights with those 3 foes I mentioned above and Maiquel Falc√£o, Mamed Khalidov, Halsey, Schlemenko twice, Norman Paraisy, Doug Marshall and Dan Cramer to name just a hand full.

In the Co-Main UFC Vet Dylan Andrews will look to improve to 2-0 since getting the cut from the UFC. He recently beat Papy Abedi (UFC Vet). He's fighting a 9-1 Russian Amagov but this is the type of fight he needs to win to get back in the Big Show.

In the 3rd and final ACB Combo Fight we have Dean Garnett (9-1-1) against Anthony Leone (15-8). Garnett is 1-1-1 in his last 3 fights. And Leone don't let that 15-8 record fool you. You long timers remember him from WEC and more recently Bellator. Hard to have a good record for Leone when you consider hes got; Askar Askarov, Dantas, Rafael Silva, Frank Baca, Zach Makovsky, Jeff Lentz, Georgi Karakhanyan and Renan Barao all guys he's fought. This should be an excellent fight.

Bellator 190
Rafael Carvalho (14-1) vs Alessio Sakara (18-11)
Brandon Girtz (14-7) vs Luka Jelcic (10-2)

Bellator Preview
This is an overseas Bellator Event in Italy so that's why there's not very many fights. I'm sure they'll have their few MMA fights incorporated with their kickboxing.
In the Main Event the Champion 14-1 Carvalho will look to make his 3rd Title Defense since taking the belt as a huge underdog to Halsey. I think he was a +550 underdog in that one. Another interesting fact is this is Carvalho's back-to-back Title defense in Italy. Not necessarily agree Sakara should be getting the Title Shot but this is his home country. He's getting the Title Shot with back-to-back finishes of Brian Rogers in the 2nd and Joey Beltran in the 1st. Hopefully we don't see a Carvalho vs Manhoef I type of fight. But the way Sakara fights I don't think that'll happen. And Carvalho is only a -270 favorite because when you fight someone like Sakara he's got the aggression and power to pull off the upset, plus he'll be behind his home countries support.

In the Co-Main Event we have Girtz vs Jelcic which would be somewhat of a tossup. Girtz, hard to believe he's coming in on a 3 fight losing skid; Adam Piccolotti, Fernando Gonzalez and Derek Campos. All 3 tough opponents and Girtz was the slight underdog in all 3 of those. Unlike Girtz, his opponent Jelcic is coming in on a 4 fight win streak. He seems to have good power but I question his level of competition and you gotta think Girtz will be hungry to snap that 3 fight skid.

Pancrase 292
Takasuke Kume (20-5-3) vs Kazuki Tokudome (18-7-1)
Isao Kobayashi (21-5-4) vs Yusuke Kasuya (9-4-2)
Takashi Sato (11-1) vs Akihiro Murayama (19-7-9)

Pancrase Preview
In the Main Event and 5 Round fight this is a rematch between Kume and Tokudome. Kume won the first fight by R1 Tko. I didn't see the fight but I think there's a good reason these 2 are rematching. Tokudome was actually in the UFC where he didn't fair too well going 1-3 with his only win coming against BJJ stud Cristiano Marcello and losing 3 straight; a Unanimous Decision loss to Norman Parke, a Split Decision loss to Yui Chul Nam and a Submission loss to Johnny Case. Tokudome went on to win 4 straight against good competition until his loss to Kume. Then won 2 more fights to grant him this rematch. Kume was a guy I thought would've made it to the UFC but 4 and a half years ago he lost back-to-back fights to Yui Chul Nam. He's won 4 straight with one of those fights being against Tokudome. Kume's last loss was to A Sol Kwon, a S. Korean Standout. I expect this fight to be much more competitive than their 1st fight that ended with Kume winning by R1 Tko. Should be a tossup.

Isao Kobayashi I was expecting pretty big things from when he arrived at Bellator. But Bellator fed him to Justin Lawrence and Goiti Yamauchi and that was the end of his run with Bellator. His opponent Yusuke Kasuya is actually a Ufc vet. Yeah surprise there. He went 0-2 there and has lost 3 in a row. I guess his best win to date is Frank Camacho where he won by 1st Round Sub and he also beat Camacho's most recent opponent Demian Brown by R3 Sub. Based on what these guys have done lately i think Yusuke Kasuya will have his hands full.

Last edited 12/7/17 7:26PM server time by JLS
Edit note/reason: n/a
9 total post edits

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #1   12/7/17 3:41:28PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Long read guys but hopefully you enjoy. It took me a long time to do this.

Hopefully it will add some insight to some of these fights for you guys.

Post #2   12/7/17 5:55:44PM   

Leonstolzz

MMA Regular

Leonstolzz Avatar

Career:265-169
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Great analysis, JLS
If you ever need help for a future write up for a BOTR combo, I can be your huckleberry

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #3   12/7/17 8:09:49PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Great analysis, JLS
If you ever need help for a future write up for a BOTR combo, I can be your huckleberry

I usually don't do them. Feel free to contribute in any way you would like. The more people posting, picking, discussing the better the community becomes.

Thanks

Post #4   12/7/17 8:53:58PM