Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Georges St-Pierre doesn’t think he’ll defend UFC middleweight title

Print  
Will GSP defend his UFC middleweight title?
Yes 1 17%
No 5 83%
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,419-867
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
From the moment Georges St-Pierre announced that he would be returning to competition at 185 pounds, there were questions about how long he would stay there.

“GSP” recently came back from a four-year hiatus and defeated Michael Bisping at UFC 217 to capture the middleweight championship, and he repeatedly stated that his contract dictate that he defend the title against interim champion Robert Whittaker.

However, on Wednesday, St-Pierre told TSN that he is having serious doubts about returning to his new division.

Link

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #1   12/6/17 3:01:01PM   

Five-Alive

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
Due to colitis, GSP unsure if he will fight in middleweight division again (VIDEO)

Link

Post #2   12/6/17 3:04:11PM   

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,087-1,305
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

Guarantee this fight never happens. GSP won't fight anyone under 30 in his career again, you can take that shit the bank. He'll either have an "injury", or he'll simply say he only wants superfights. Why on earth would he fight Whittaker?

Posted by jbmoviefan

There aren't any winnable fights for GSP in the top 10 at MW, except maybe Machida or Silva, but with both coming off loses neither makes sense. He might win against Souza or Gastelum, but those are both dangerous fights and both are coming off losses as well.

If GSP stays at MW I think he'll fight the winner of Gas/Anderson, but I see him moving back to WW where he could probably still beat Lawler, RDA, Maia, Condit, Cerrone, or Magny within the top 10.

GSP is back for money and fame, not to prove he's still the best in the world. He knows he'll get crushed by the best in either weight class and I just don't see him taking fights he'll most likely lose.

The prophecy is nearly at hand....

Last edited 12/6/17 3:42PM server time by jbmoviefan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   12/6/17 3:40:37PM   

Leonstolzz

MMA Regular

Leonstolzz Avatar

Career:265-169
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Fuck you, Georges.

Post #4   12/6/17 4:04:54PM   

Five-Alive

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
Whether he returns at 185 or not, people should be happy. He got Bisping out of the way who many were complaining about holding up the division. Now things can get moving again in that division with Whittaker vs Rockhold in Perth.

Post #5   12/6/17 4:09:50PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Career:3,908-2,061
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Well in all fairness he didn't hold up not 1 division unlike that Lil Leprechaun looking MoFo!

Right?

He wasted no time and now the Division can move on.

Meanwhile in Conor's world he wants to own shit, fight whenever he wants and flip over cages in different promotions.

Post #6   12/6/17 4:20:20PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Fuck you, Georges.

You guys are funny. Fuck Georges because he's got health issues and is letting the Division move on.

Hell the half of you guys thought Bisping would destroy GSP! Now that's funny AF!

Post #7   12/6/17 4:23:50PM   

Leonstolzz

MMA Regular

Leonstolzz Avatar

Chips:
Hold up, everybody. He hasn't vacated the belt yet. Until pen hits paper and it's officially announced by the UFC, I don't believe a damn thing that comes out of GSP's mouth.

Post #8   12/6/17 4:24:11PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Hold up, everybody. He hasn't vacated the belt yet. Until pen hits paper and it's officially announced by the UFC, I don't believe a damn thing that comes out of GSP's mouth.

Dude he literally won the belt last month. Pump the brakes with the GSP hate. Jeez

Not like he's holding up anything like your boy Conor.

Post #9   12/6/17 5:30:08PM   

Leonstolzz

MMA Regular

Leonstolzz Avatar

Chips:
Hey, go back to my pick history and you'll see that I picked Georges to beat Bisping,
I'm that much of a GSP hater
And I've also never said Conor was my boy, he wouldn't even be in my top ten of boys, thank you very much.
And I understand he just won the belt, but he straight up said he's not going to defend it.
And if he vacates in like a month, that's fine. but I've been burned too many times by the UFC and their champions to assume just because someone won't defend the belt the UFC will actually strip them of it or they will actually vacate.
And my originally post was meant to funny. Nothing more, nothing less.

Post #10   12/6/17 5:51:15PM   

Five-Alive

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #11   12/6/17 7:07:41PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Hey, go back to my pick history and you'll see that I picked Georges to beat Bisping,
I'm that much of a GSP hater
And I've also never said Conor was my boy, he wouldn't even be in my top ten of boys, thank you very much.
And I understand he just won the belt, but he straight up said he's not going to defend it.
And if he vacates in like a month, that's fine. but I've been burned too many times by the UFC and their champions to assume just because someone won't defend the belt the UFC will actually strip them of it or they will actually vacate.
And my originally post was meant to funny. Nothing more, nothing less.

I get it! I'm not offended trust me. But the character GSP is he won't leave all the contenders in the dark.

Look at LW for example; Ferguson, Poirier, Alvarez, Khabib, Barboza are all guys that are waiting on one person.

I shouldn't have said Conor was your boy though. I truly dislike that guy. Because of his antics not because of his fighting ability. Because he's an awesome fighter. When he does fight and not box.

Post #12   12/6/17 7:17:02PM