Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Donald Cerrone vs Mairbek Taisumov planned for next year's UFC gala

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Career:3,908-2,061
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The duel of Donald Cerrone (32-10, 1NC) with Mairbek Taisumov (26-5) is being prepared for next year's UFC gala. A player from Grozny has already agreed to fight and would like to fight in Australian Perth. The organization is still waiting for the decision of the Jackson-Wink MMA representative.

The popular "Cowboy" is currently on the infamous wave of three defeats in a row. He lost to Jorge Masvidal , Robbie Lawler and Darren Till . He won the last victory against Matt Brown at the UFC 206 gala.

Link

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   12/6/17 2:21:13PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Post #2   12/6/17 2:29:53PM   

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,419-867
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
JLS, can you speak or read Russian?

Post #3   12/6/17 2:41:46PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,800-1,043
Chips:
do or die for Cowboy, that is a tough fight for him and finally a name for Taisumov to get a ranking going which is long overdue

Post #4   12/6/17 2:41:55PM   

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,419-867
Chips:
I like this fight for Taisumov. Finally that named opponent he's been looking for. At the same time it's kind of unfortunate for Cerrone, I think this may be his 4th straight loss in a row.

Post #5   12/6/17 2:51:10PM   

Leonstolzz

MMA Regular

Leonstolzz Avatar

Career:265-169
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Ugh, mad respect to Cerrone for fighting anyone, but this a bad fight for him.
I hope Taisumov doesn't hurt him too bad.

Post #6   12/6/17 4:14:50PM   

quezocrema0032

MMA Sensei

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,948-1,656
Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

I'd AV bet on this one. Think you're selling Cerrone a tad bit short. Till ran through him cause he was so huge but Taisumov is 5'9 and way shorter reach then the animals Cerrone has been fighting at welterweight. Let's not forget Cerrone just went punch for punch with Lawler a few fights ago so I don't think Taisumov's power will overwhelm cowboy. Plus Cerrone can grapple and out wrestle Taisumov like Prazers did if it turns out he's to slow to stand with him. I like Cerrone here a lot.

Post #7   12/6/17 7:04:46PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by Leonstolzz

I'd AV bet on this one. Think you're selling Cerrone a tad bit short. Till ran through him cause he was so huge but Taisumov is 5'9 and way shorter reach then the animals Cerrone has been fighting at welterweight. Let's not forget Cerrone just went punch for punch with Lawler a few fights ago so I don't think Taisumov's power will overwhelm cowboy. Plus Cerrone can grapple and out wrestle Taisumov like Prazers did if it turns out he's to slow to stand with him. I like Cerrone here a lot.

You're selling Till a bit short there, the size played a small part in that he was able to keep Cerrone off him when he attempted a takedown, before that though Till was blasting Cerrone.

Post #8   12/6/17 7:49:42PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

JLS, can you speak or read Russian?

I translated it. Just took a couple extra minutes.

Post #9   12/6/17 9:45:18PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

do or die for Cowboy, that is a tough fight for him and finally a name for Taisumov to get a ranking going which is long overdue

As a Cowboy fan id like to see him win. Same time I'm glad Mairbek is getting the right step up in competition that he deserves.

You can ask Budge or anybody in my camp about the other FW Dagestan fighter Zabit Magomedshiripov. I told everyone in the camp that he was a beast and look at him. He dismantled what was suppose to be his toughest fight to date Moraes. I hope he gets Yait next. But i don't think they'll give him sometime too high. I wouldn't mind him being Bermudez, Stephens/Superboy winner, Cub/Ortega loser.

I know i got off topic but Zabit will at minimum be a Title contender if the ufc will Market him. Taisumov is finally getting his big fight. I will have to think long and hard on this one. With Cerrone on a losing streak, you know the fair weather fans jump ships quicker than any other sport. But at the same time a very winnable fight for Cerrone too. As a big Cerrone fan I'm ok with either fighter winning honestly.

This is just a fantastic fight that I didn't see coming. Thru me a curveball there.

Post #10   12/6/17 9:55:08PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by aussiemma

As a Cowboy fan id like to see him win. Same time I'm glad Mairbek is getting the right step up in competition that he deserves.

You can ask Budge or anybody in my camp about the other FW Dagestan fighter Zabit Magomedshiripov. I told everyone in the camp that he was a beast and look at him. He dismantled what was suppose to be his toughest fight to date Moraes. I hope he gets Yait next. But i don't think they'll give him sometime too high. I wouldn't mind him being Bermudez, Stephens/Superboy winner, Cub/Ortega loser.

I know i got off topic but Zabit will at minimum be a Title contender if the ufc will Market him. Taisumov is finally getting his big fight. I will have to think long and hard on this one. With Cerrone on a losing streak, you know the fair weather fans jump ships quicker than any other sport. But at the same time a very winnable fight for Cerrone too. As a big Cerrone fan I'm ok with either fighter winning honestly.

This is just a fantastic fight that I didn't see coming. Thru me a curveball there.

I was sold on Zabit after his ufc debut and then looked even better against Moraes. His striking was billed as his biggest strength but it might actually be his grappling. His frame will give anyone under 5''9 big trouble. Bermudez sounds like a good next test

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #11   12/6/17 10:14:42PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by JLS

Posted by aussiemma

I was sold on Zabit after his ufc debut and then looked even better against Moraes. His striking was billed as his biggest strength but it might actually be his grappling. His frame will give anyone under 5''9 big trouble. Bermudez sounds like a good next test

Now see if you guys played L2 or Best Of The Rest you would've known Zabit...ijs

Post #12   12/6/17 10:23:31PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Hey aussie here is my exact wording from Zabit's debut against Mike Santiago.

Not taking anything away from Santiago but Zabit is a beast. ACB has a ton of talent and Zabit is a standout. They had a tourney and he ran thru it easily. Id gladly take Zabit in an Av bet. He's also one of my confidence picks.

Post #13   12/6/17 10:28:05PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by JLS

Posted by aussiemma

Now see if you guys played L2 or Best Of The Rest you would've known Zabit...ijs

i made my picks for botr the other day, not for the money prize...more to support the site, wish we could get the overall numbers up somehow

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #14   12/6/17 10:38:15PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by JLS

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by JLS

Posted by aussiemma

i made my picks for botr the other day, not for the money prize...more to support the site, wish we could get the overall numbers up somehow

I appreciate it. But the money prize will be for the next season. Kinda hard to say "Hey we're 70% of the way thru this one btw winner gets a cash prize". You know. It'll be for the next season that way everybody knows and will have the same opportunity to win. The only person not eligible to win the prize is me. If i win the season I will pay the 2nd place finisher.

But it's good to play L2. Don't spend 20 hrs of research just make picks and have fun with it. That's all i do, wait i gotta put the cards together, keep track of cancellations, find results, etc.lol But i spend 20-30mins tops making my picks seriously.

But think of all the guys that we've used for L23 that are now in the UFC. Its a mind blowing number. With myself and Budge we try and put together the highest of quality cards week in and week out. I'm trying to skip more weeks for L2 but its so hard to. We skipped this past week because it was the last event of The Big Show and it was a combo on top of that.

Last edited 12/6/17 11:00PM server time by JLS
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   12/6/17 10:58:33PM