Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Top Camp Accolades

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Career:3,959-2,096
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by FKA

Jls your the man!!!

Thanks Dawg!

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   12/4/17 8:05:35PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
Leon the reason we have so many BOTR fights to start is because we don't add new fights after Monday Night's week of the event. And unlike ufc fights the cancellations are easier to come by. We tried in the past only using 12 or 13 fights and if 5 of those fights get cancelled we are screwed and could potentially lose the entire event that me or Budge spent multiple hours prepping. So those 16 to 18 fights usually turn into 13 to 15.

If you're interested I'll pm you a strategy on how to better your game and prepare you more for BOTR fights.

That goes for anybody. I'll give some pointers on some efficient picking tactics. Fell free.

Post #17   12/4/17 8:22:11PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
Jb those badges are coming just like the Big Show badges are coming.

You missed my point I'm trying to grow BOTR so I'm offering my time and money to help the cause.

Post #18   12/4/17 8:54:54PM   

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,134-1,330
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I know my badges are coming and I know you're trying to grow BOTR, it really is a unique thing and if more serious MMA fans knew about it I'm sure it could be huge.

I was kidding about donating the money back if I won points in BOTR, I would gladly take your money! I'm just saying that I'd rather have 2 badges than your money, that's how much they mean to me.

I felt more satisfied refreshing my phone on Saturday to see that the Bullies were HW champs for a 3rd season in a row, than I did actually being cageside at the event.

FYI My seats were only $80 on vivid seat at 9pm for section 2 on the floor, you could get in the door for $20 by 10pm. I know this doesn't work in cities where people have money, but for this show and the one in Cleveland it worked great.

And, yes, as always, I know my head is huge...

Post #19   12/4/17 9:07:37PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
See I'm the opposite jb. Once I get all my badges I'll have close to 50. The only 1 that means a lot to me that i haven't gotten was last season's 1St place Big Show in points.

Id rather the site grow myself.

Post #20   12/4/17 9:13:38PM   

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,455-887
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
That pretty cool of you, JLS.

What I wouldn't mind see happen at some point in the neer future is have the Heavyweight division play for money each season. We could have each active player on each team throw in $20 and with only 5 camps we could pay out to the top 2 spots. 2nd place gets their money back, 1st place gets the rest and divides it equally amongst their players. If it gets to the point where more camps join HW then we could up it to the top 3 spots.

I think everyone could afford $20 a season. Save $5 a paycheck and you're good to go. This could entice more people to move up to Heavyweight, this could increase the level of competition and it could very well entice more people to join the site altogether.

I know you and others want to get more people doing botr, but I'd like to see more people playing the big show and having more competitive seasons with all camps, as well as more people joining the site in general. We need to do something to attract more people to the site and this might be it.

I'm not sure how to go about doing this all online with the money, but I'm sure there's people here that do.

Post #21   12/5/17 2:32:56PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,933-1,252
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
I'm trying to do my part by posting threads on all the other sites I frequent.

Gonna try to recruit more ppl to the site not sure it will work but I'll try.

Post #22   12/5/17 3:06:58PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

What I wouldn't mind see happen at some point in the neer future is have the Heavyweight division play for money each season. We could have each active player on each team throw in $20 and with only 5 camps we could pay out to the top 2 spots. 2nd place gets their money back, 1st place gets the rest and divides it equally amongst their players. If it gets to the point where more camps join HW then we could up it to the top 3 spots.

I think everyone could afford $20 a season. Save $5 a paycheck and you're good to go. This could entice more people to move up to Heavyweight, this could increase the level of competition and it could very well entice more people to join the site altogether.

I know you and others want to get more people doing botr, but I'd like to see more people playing the big show and having more competitive seasons with all camps, as well as more people joining the site in general. We need to do something to attract more people to the site and this might be it.

I'm not sure how to go about doing this all online with the money, but I'm sure there's people here that do.

Baby steps 5-Alive!lol

It's not like i don't want more people to play Big Show, of course I do.

But out of all the league's that are on the verge of going away BOTR is the one.

We'll try and figure out something down the road for that. But this is a free fantasy website and I don't want anyone to feel obligated to have to pay or leave. You get my drift?

Post #23   12/5/17 3:26:49PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:

Posted by FKA

I'm trying to do my part by posting threads on all the other sites I frequent.

Gonna try to recruit more ppl to the site not sure it will work but I'll try.

I appreciate it.

Post #24   12/5/17 3:30:34PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:
No prob buddy I truly enjoy this game a lot and I think tapology is sooooo overpopulated and the uniqueness of the team format hopefully can draw some ppl.

I'm putting threads on sherdog,globalmma,and mmajunkie forums let's see what happens.

Post #25   12/5/17 4:09:36PM   

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,455-887
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by Five-Alive

Baby steps 5-Alive!lol

It's not like i don't want more people to play Big Show, of course I do.

But out of all the league's that are on the verge of going away BOTR is the one.

We'll try and figure out something down the road for that. But this is a free fantasy website and I don't want anyone to feel obligated to have to pay or leave. You get my drift?

I know. That's why I suggested only Heavyweight and let all the other weight classes be free.

Another suggestion, if there is Heavyweight teams that don't want to participate they don't have to. Only the teams who pay, play for the money. Whatever place the non-paying teams finish in won't affect the outcome of who wins the cash between the teams that do pay. So say a non- paying team finishes ahead of the paying teams, they don't win the money. The highest ranked teams at the end of each season that pay, win the money.

I know this won't happen right away, it was just thought to maybe consider at some point to entice more people to play and definitely better the competition. Maybe aim for Season 40, or 35 at the earliest, somewhere in between there would be nice, if possible.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #26   12/5/17 4:09:58PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
Whatever you guys decide to do go for it behind PMS or what not. You're taking the focus off of my idea of trying to save BOTR which is barely cracking 70 players.

And I'm not promoting gambling on here so you guys will have to figure that out. I'm simply offering a prize for the winner of BOTR to increase the participation.

That and people getting their owed Accolades might give us a nice spike in the numbers.

Last edited 12/5/17 4:36PM server time by JLS
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   12/5/17 4:34:40PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:

Posted by FKA

No prob buddy I truly enjoy this game a lot and I think tapology is sooooo overpopulated and the uniqueness of the team format hopefully can draw some ppl.

I'm putting threads on sherdog,globalmma,and mmajunkie forums let's see what happens.

I actually like Tapology but for their fighter database not so much their fantasy scoring format. They do a good job over there. But who wants to pick 27 Pancrase fights with 1-2 vs 1-3-2 for guys. Not me.lol

Post #28   12/5/17 4:39:50PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

Chips:
FKA you'll get a double boner! Event 10 of 10 this season closes with a double RIZIN combo.

Post #29   12/5/17 4:43:02PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Chips:
I'm at full attention lol

Post #30   12/5/17 5:24:23PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3