Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Top Camp Accolades

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Career:4,146-2,184
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Everyone should've gotten their 1st place Top Camp Badges. And Congrats to those that received them!

If there are any discrepancies please Pm me and let me know.

I'm working on trying to get the previous season event Badges handled as well.

Bankrolls for the new season have been reset as well.

Thanks, JLS

Last edited 12/7/17 8:08PM server time by JLS
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   12/4/17 1:29:49PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Prior Badges that are owed to people should be done within the next week.

Post #2   12/4/17 1:41:04PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,034-1,306
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Botr is fun man ppl miss out on some good action.

The only way to get #s up is to make it somehow part of a camp thing.

If you don't do botr accolades going forward it's understandable but don't delete past accolades that's just nonsense ppl earned it.

Post #3   12/4/17 3:30:27PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FKA

Botr is fun man ppl miss out on some good action.

The only way to get #s up is to make it somehow part of a camp thing.

If you don't do botr accolades going forward it's understandable but don't delete past accolades that's just nonsense ppl earned it.

It is awesome. And we won't take away accolades that people have earned.

And I'm gonna pay next season cash out of my pocket, I'm thinking around $25-$35 for 1st place points only. Wagers i won't be able to unless someone else wants to do that.

I value the site and BOTR is ran efficiently as ever.

Post #4   12/4/17 5:46:22PM   

teejay68

MMA Regular

teejay68 Avatar

Career:3,660-2,324
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Seems to me if BOTR badges wont be given out, it just wont make any sense to keep BOTR going. Why would anybody want to participate anymore. What would be the reason for not giving out badges? Just curoius. I participate in BOTR and enjoy it and appreciate those who run it.

Post #5   12/4/17 5:54:27PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by teejay68

Seems to me if BOTR badges wont be given out, it just wont make any sense to keep BOTR going. Why would anybody want to participate anymore. What would be the reason for not giving out badges? Just curoius. I participate in BOTR and enjoy it and appreciate those who run it.

I'm not saying that they won't be given out. We have a smaller number playing the past few seasons than we use to. I'm trying to get the numbers up as i am one of the guys that help run it. So if my plan works the winner will get cash money as a prize for 1st which will draw more players which will keep the Badges going. Follow me?

Post #6   12/4/17 6:41:53PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by teejay68

We keep it going because it's awesome, unique and no other site offers anything like that. The absolute best non-ufc fights every week without having to pick these guys that are just starting off. Awesome concept.

Post #7   12/4/17 6:44:56PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:
I probably should've rephrased that. Top priority is to get the Big Show accolades passed out. Then we'll worry about BOTR ones.

Badges are nice but they aren't the reason a lot of play. If my plan works more people will be happy in the long run.

Post #8   12/4/17 7:02:33PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Career:359-222
Chips:
I really like BOTR, but I think the issues is that this site does too many fights each week.

It's tough enough trying to watch tape and come up with a pick for the UFC fights, let alone 4-5 non-UFC events with like 32 fighters you have to watch tape on and judge their level of competition and all that. It's just too much and I usually have to stop playing BOTR because I'm so busy and have to resort to just making random picks and that's just no fun.
And I'm a pretty hardcore MMA fan, but I admit that sometimes you guys do events that I have never heard off and their are a lot of fighters you guys choose that I've never seen before, so that makes it harder, as well.
Maybe we could try a season of BOTR where their is only a maximum of like 10 fights per week, and we only do the really important fights. I.e, former UFC fighters, Championship bouts, highly touted prospect, etc. And then we can see if maybe more people will be willing to play BOTR.
Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Post #9   12/4/17 7:05:31PM   

teejay68

MMA Regular

teejay68 Avatar

Career:3,660-2,324
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I hear what you're saying JLS. I will let my camp know what you are planning, try to get a few more people playing.

Post #10   12/4/17 7:15:53PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

I really like BOTR, but I think the issues is that this site does too many fights each week.

It's tough enough trying to watch tape and come up with a pick for the UFC fights, let alone 4-5 non-UFC events with like 32 fighters you have to watch tape on and judge their level of competition and all that. It's just too much and I usually have to stop playing BOTR because I'm so busy and have to resort to just making random picks and that's just no fun.
And I'm a pretty hardcore MMA fan, but I admit that sometimes you guys do events that I have never heard off and their are a lot of fighters you guys choose that I've never seen before, so that makes it harder, as well.
Maybe we could try a season of BOTR where their is only a maximum of like 10 fights per week, and we only do the really important fights. I.e, former UFC fighters, Championship bouts, highly touted prospect, etc. And then we can see if maybe more people will be willing to play BOTR.
Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Well imagine spending an hour finding the right fights for a combo, another hour to hour and a half inputting those fight cards, making picks, and another bulk of the week mashing sure there's no cancellations and the card is 100% accurate, then finding results for those fights, and then offering a cash prize while not getting paid just for you guys.

I suggest don't spend so much time researching those Botr fights. I don't and its been working. I told someone a while back if you study long on these fights you study wrong. Botr is not for everyone. Its for the guys that UFC fights arent enough.

Like we skipped this past week because there was already a UFC combo. We will skip weeks here and there as well.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #11   12/4/17 7:26:57PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by teejay68

I hear what you're saying JLS. I will let my camp know what you are planning, try to get a few more people playing.

Thank you. I won't need paying until next season though since this idea i came up with today.

Post #12   12/4/17 7:28:22PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Career:359-222
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Well imagine spending an hour finding the right fights for a combo, another hour to hour and a half inputting those fight cards, making picks, and another bulk of the week mashing sure there's no cancellations and the card is 100% accurate, then finding results for those fights, and then offering a cash prize while not getting paid just for you guys.

I suggest don't spend so much time researching those Botr fights. I don't and its been working. I told someone a while back if you study long on these fights you study wrong. Botr is not for everyone. Its for the guys that UFC fights arent enough.

Like we skipped this past week because there was already a UFC combo. We will skip weeks here and there as well.

You guys offer cash prizes here? I thought this site only had pretend money.

And my point still stands that having less fights per combo would make everything easier for everybody: Easier for the players so they don't have to study so much on the fighters and easier for you guys so don't have to keep track on so many fights.
And maybe you're right that I shouldn't spend so much time watching tape and studying fighters, but that's one of the only reasons I predict fights is to see if all my studying is correct and see what I was wrong or right on.

But maybe you're right that BOTR just isn't for me.

Post #13   12/4/17 7:43:19PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,034-1,306
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Jls your the man!!!

Post #14   12/4/17 7:49:51PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by JLS

You guys offer cash prizes here? I thought this site only had pretend money.

And my point still stands that having less fights per combo would make everything easier for everybody: Easier for the players so they don't have to study so much on the fighters and easier for you guys so don't have to keep track on so many fights.
And maybe you're right that I shouldn't spend so much time watching tape and studying fighters, but that's one of the only reasons I predict fights is to see if all my studying is correct and see what I was wrong or right on.

But maybe you're right that BOTR just isn't for me.

What I'm saying is BOTR is awesome so I'm gonna not only continue to help run it but I'm gonna try and help it grow by paying cash out of my pocket to the winner, if i win I'll pay 2md place as if they won.

You should play but don't invest more time on it than i do total. Just have fun with it and you'll do much better. Trust me!

Post #15   12/4/17 8:05:08PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3