Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 218 Results: Bonus Winners, Highlights, Attendance And Gate

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Career:3,890-2,049
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
He again stopped Jose Aldo in the third round after allowing the Brazilian to tire before ramping up the pressure and earning the stoppage win. Holloway's striking, resilience and Octagon I.Q. are exceptional. He used a steady diet of straight punches to quickly prove his superiority in the fight.

By the third round, a winded Aldo was fighting on heart alone as Holloway's strikes created the same type of cumulative punishment that led to his stoppage win over the former champion in June.

Originally, Frankie Edgar was supposed to be challenging Holloway for the title, but he suffered an injury and Aldo stepped in to replace him. Perhaps now Edgar will get the next crack at Holloway. As for Aldo, it's time the future Hall of Famer seriously consider retirement.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #1   12/3/17 1:33:05PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:
2 FOTN - Eddie Alvarez vs Justin Gaethje and Alex Oliveira vs Yancy Mederois

No Performance Bonuses

Post #2   12/3/17 1:34:18PM   

Leonstolzz

MMA Regular

Leonstolzz Avatar

Career:260-163
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Cheap skates WME-IMG not giving Ngannu his $50,000 check should be ashamed of themselves

Post #3   12/3/17 4:21:24PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Francis didn't win an official Bonus but he DID get paid extra money for his win.

Link

And a guaranteed shot at Miocic

Post #4   12/3/17 4:54:09PM   

Leonstolzz

MMA Regular

Leonstolzz Avatar

Chips:
I'm glad to hear he's getting a bonus, even though it probably won't be $50,000.
I'm pretty pumped to see him vs Stipe. I think Stipe can take it if plays it safe like I thought Overeem would, but apparently when you're fighting Ngannu you're forced to throw overhands.
I mean didn't Overeem do the exact same thing that Arlovski did? Throw a wild overhand and then get caught with an uppercut from hell? Overeem played the Werdum fight safe, why didn't he played this one safe?
But no doubt that Ngannu is a scary dude, though. He's so accurate and strong he is definitely a handful for anyone.

Post #5   12/3/17 5:33:10PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,779-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

I'm glad to hear he's getting a bonus, even though it probably won't be $50,000.
I'm pretty pumped to see him vs Stipe. I think Stipe can take it if plays it safe like I thought Overeem would, but apparently when you're fighting Ngannu you're forced to throw overhands.
I mean didn't Overeem do the exact same thing that Arlovski did? Throw a wild overhand and then get caught with an uppercut from hell? Overeem played the Werdum fight safe, why didn't he played this one safe?
But no doubt that Ngannu is a scary dude, though. He's so accurate and strong he is definitely a handful for anyone.

i think Stipe is screwed against Ngannou, Stipe is not fast and he is nowhere near as explosive as Ngannou. Stipe is on a decent streak but lets look at his title fights-

knocked out Werdum when he was running after him chin up and hands down

knocked out Reem, but was completely on the verge of being finished himself and hurt bad early in the fight then finished a gassed out Reem after going too hard for the finish.

JDS was scared and tentative a shell of his former self.

the ufc needs a heavyweight champ like Ngannou, yeah sure Stipe is tough as shit but he lacks the athleticism a HW champ should have

Post #6   12/3/17 5:56:25PM   

Leonstolzz

MMA Regular

Leonstolzz Avatar

Chips:
I wouldn't say Stipe is unathletic or lacks explosiveness. Go back and watch his fights with Mark Hunt and Arlovski or Fabio Maldonado and tell me he doesn't have cardio or doesn't have explosiveness.
I do think Ngannu can beat him but I don't have enough evidence to know how good Ngannu fights when he's the one having to create openings or he's the one pushing forward. I think if Stipe stays patient and makes Ngannu come to him he might knock Ngannu out like he did Werdum, but I could be wrong because that's what I thought Overeem would do and that didn't end well lol

Post #7   12/3/17 6:25:10PM   

JLS

WWF Champion

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

That's just speculation. You or me have no clue how much he got paid. It could've been more. Who knows? It was definitely enough to make a news article and Francis seems to be happy so I'm sure it wasn't like 200 or 300 hundred.

Post #8   12/3/17 10:14:51PM   

Leonstolzz

MMA Regular

Leonstolzz Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by Leonstolzz

That's just speculation. You or me have no clue how much he got paid. It could've been more. Who knows? It was definitely enough to make a news article and Francis seems to be happy so I'm sure it wasn't like 200 or 300 hundred.

True, I have no evidence that proves he didn't get paid 50,000 or more. But, I also don't have proof that he did get paid 50,000 or more, and knowing how much cost cutting WME-IMG has been doing lately, I don't think I'm wrong to assume that they might lowball his rightfully deserve bonus.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #9   12/3/17 10:49:21PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,937-1,181
Chips:
#prayforstipe

Post #10   12/6/17 1:24:52PM