Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

LFA 24 / Cage Warriors 87 / ACB 72 / RIZIN Fighting Grand Prix Results and Discussion

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Career:359-222
Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

Posted by JLS

Sandhagen wins R1 Ko/Tko

I went with a very conservative parlay to start this new season.

Sandhagen.Bataev and Smolderov. Seems like a gimme.

I was really impressed with Sandhagen and Zani.And I also picked Frincu

And I've got Zani,Craig White and Na-Shon Burrel as parlay picks. So Zani came through so far

Sandhagen put a beating on his opponent. Dude got potential.

I'm glad Zani pulled through for me. I was honestly surprised when I saw he was an underdog pick.

My parlay is on B. Isaev, A. Bataev, T. Kawajiri. Thought these were relatively safe picks. I also have a bet on Frincu () and my underdog bet is on Akhmed Musakaev. Dude may be unknown and untested but he's from Russia and those guys are born to fight, and Shintaro Ishiwatari has always been a somewhat average to below-average fighter so I think Akhmed can pull an upset.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #16   10/14/17 12:11:43AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:4,346-2,299
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

Posted by JLS

Sandhagen wins R1 Ko/Tko

And I've got Zani,Craig White and Na-Shon Burrel as parlay picks. So Zani came through so far

I was super tempted to pick Zani based on his fight history and training out of Black House.

I think Burrell is gonna blow up your parlay. He's got a super tough fight ahead of him.

Just as a tip Andy especially early try a 2 man parlay, or try staying away from 3 underdogs in your parlay. They will be super rewarding if you hit but usually 1 will let you down. I like to include an underdog in my parlays from time to time though, and I'm not trying to critique your strategy but it's just super hard to hit 3 underdogs on a bet.

Post #17   10/14/17 12:14:26AM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Career:425-310
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Isaev-oh no! I'm hoping he gets"Rock-N-Rolla"d

Post #18   10/14/17 12:18:26AM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by AndyWarho

Posted by JLS

Sandhagen wins R1 Ko/Tko

I was super tempted to pick Zani based on his fight history and training out of Black House.

I think Burrell is gonna blow up your parlay. He's got a super tough fight ahead of him.

Just as a tip Andy especially early try a 2 man parlay, or try staying away from 3 underdogs in your parlay. They will be super rewarding if you hit but usually 1 will let you down. I like to include an underdog in my parlays from time to time though, and I'm not trying to critique your strategy but it's just super hard to hit 3 underdogs on a bet.

You're probably right. I've been trying to bet a little to get a lot,and there's usually always some underdogs who win but it's hard to guess which ones.

Post #19   10/14/17 12:22:19AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Wow! Just caught up. Millender finished him very quickly.

Believe it or not I had Millender by UD up until the 4hrs until event locks and switched because it was the HB. Usually, for myself, late switches backfire on me at least 75% of the time.

So i went 2-2 on LFA for the bare minimum of 10pts. And pick up very minimal cash.

How'd you guys fair?

See why we left Dern off? R1 Sub, I think that would've been a guaranteed 11pts for at least 90% of us. She'll be in the UFC soon.

Post #20   10/14/17 12:28:26AM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:
I don't know if this is allowed, if not feel free to delete this post, but if anybody wants to watch the Rizin event, if you download the Fite app on your phone and put in the code "5004em0", you'll get 20 dollars free at sign up! Which is just enough to purchase the Rizin event. :D

Post #21   10/14/17 12:33:54AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Andy don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that betting on underdogs is a bad idea. It's actually the way to go in the long run. Just giving a suggestion on loading up on multiple underdogs on parlays.

***Also for you guys that picked Zani your +2 underdog bonus will not show up until the scores are ran at the end of the event.

Post #22   10/14/17 12:35:30AM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:
I went 3-1 and got the Burley fight right by ud.
I'm interested to see how Dern will do against tougher comp too. I don't think she'd beat Andrea Lee if she were still in LFA.

Post #23   10/14/17 12:36:33AM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Believe it or not I had Millender by UD up until the 4hrs until event locks and switched because it was the HB. Usually, for myself, late switches backfire on me at least 75% of the time.

So i went 2-2 on LFA for the bare minimum of 10pts. And pick up very minimal cash.

How'd you guys fair?

See why we left Dern off? R1 Sub, I think that would've been a guaranteed 11pts for at least 90% of us. She'll be in the UFC soon.

I went 3-1 in LFA and lost a few bucks but oh well. Dern totally has the potential to be something great in this sport. I hope she stays at Fly Weight because she looked at this weight class.

And Frincu losing hurt. I knew his south paw stance left him open to kicks but he always had good enough head movement to counteract that, but Millender just throw that kick out of nowhere and slept him.

Post #24   10/14/17 12:37:30AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

I don't know if this is allowed, if not feel free to delete this post, but if anybody wants to watch the Rizin event, if you download the Fite app on your phone and put in the code "5004em0", you'll get 20 dollars free at sign up! Which is just enough to purchase the Rizin event. :D

I'm not sure if that post is allowed or not. I typically don't delete or edit post so I'll check on that.

I like to focus more so on the cards being as accurate as possible.

Post #25   10/14/17 12:37:38AM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by Leonstolzz

I'm not sure if that post is allowed or not. I typically don't delete or edit post so I'll check on that.

I like to focus more so on the cards being as accurate as possible.

And you do a great job at that, JLS!

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #26   10/14/17 12:41:10AM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Andy don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that betting on underdogs is a bad idea. It's actually the way to go in the long run. Just giving a suggestion on loading up on multiple underdogs on parlays.

***Also for you guys that picked Zani your +2 underdog bonus will not show up until the scores are ran at the end of the event.

Oh no,I appreciate the advice JLS. I'm a rookie at this and can see you're a seasoned pro.

Post #27   10/14/17 12:43:04AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by JLS

How'd you guys fair?

I went 3-1 in LFA and lost a few bucks but oh well. Dern totally has the potential to be something great in this sport. I hope she stays at Fly Weight because she looked at this weight class.

And Frincu losing hurt. I knew his south paw stance left him open to kicks but he always had good enough head movement to counteract that, but Millender just throw that kick out of nowhere and slept him.

That Frincu vs Millender fight was hard to predict. It was the HB for a reason and Frincu has been hot. I didn't do enough research, didn't realize that Millender had a 4 fight winning streak going leading into this fight.

I think The actual odds swayed me to be honest Frincu went up to -260 or so, and that was ultimately what swayed me. I try not to allow them to impact my picks but I did this time.

Post #28   10/14/17 12:43:23AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Thanks guys. But i can't take all the credit. I get help from some members and other mods.

Oh and I too wasnt the greatest at picks when i first started. It comes with time.

Post #29   10/14/17 12:46:29AM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Chips:
All the Cage Warriors 87 Main Card Fights are all set. Fighters all made weight. The only fight that's not part of this event is the *'ed fight due to a late replacement. Here are the details.

CAGE WARRIORS 87: FIGHT CARD

MAIN CARD
Broadcast live on BT Sport, Freesports, Setanta Eurasia, Viasat, ELEVEN, PPTV and streamed worldwide on UFC Fight Pass

Lewis Long (169.8) vs Roberto Soldic (170.3)
Craig White (170) vs Matt Inman (170.5)
*Jack Shore (145.3) vs Mattia Galbiati (145.2)
Aiden Lee (145.8) vs Ludovit Klein (145.7)
Aaron Khalid (170.4) vs Ross Houston (170.4)

Keep an eye on Jack Shore. I haven't heard about him but going back to his ammy fights he's riding 17 wins in a row.

Post #30   10/14/17 3:22:51AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3