Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMA fighter pulls off incredible pro-wrestling style Boston Crab submission

Print  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,507-912
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
An MMA fighter pulled off a ridiculous, pro-wrestling style submission Saturday in a fight at Full Contact Contender 19 in Bolton, England. Jonno Mears finished Aaron Jones with what looked exactly like a Boston Crab ripped right from the world of WWE.

With Jones laying on his stomach, Mears grabbed both of Jones’ legs and bent them backward until Mears was in a sitting position. Jones was forced to tap out — either to the pressure on his back or what could have also been a foot lock variation.

Either way, it was a unique and spectacular way to end a fight. It was reminiscent of the finishing move used by WWE’s Chris Jericho, which he has dubbed The Walls of Jericho.

Link

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   10/1/17 8:18:46PM   

Ninja_Nicoya

MMA Regular

Career:154-131
Chips:
I wouldn't call it ridiculous it's a nice submission finally someone pulled it off.

Post #2   10/1/17 8:22:56PM   

isk

Belt Contender

isk Avatar

Career:5-3
Chips:
When I was a kid, I thought folks tapping to Bret Hart was bullshit. It didn't look like much. A friend offered to try it on me and I tapped instantly. It hurts a lot!

With that said, it's definitely a ridiculous move in a real fight - the amount of cooperation needed from an opponent borders on unconsciousness. Main reason this worked was a) lack of situational awareness, and b) surprise.

Inner monologue of the audience: WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT, LIKE HONESTLY

Folks will be more aware of it now that it's gone viral, so I doubt we'll see too many of these moving forward. The occasional? Maybe. Even if someone goes on a Brad Imes gogoplata-like streak, it would be an outlier.

Last edited 10/1/17 9:50PM server time by isk
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   10/1/17 9:49:33PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:5,039-3,288
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
If he can pull off the Camel Clutch in his next fight I'll be a fan for life.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #4   10/2/17 1:13:09PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,295-3,058
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The only submission that'll get me more excited than a twister. This was awesome. And it's a brutally painful one too if done correctly.

Post #5   10/2/17 8:00:07PM