Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Georges St-Pierre shrugs off Michael Bisping’s insults: ‘He’s a very angry person deep down’

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

MMA Sensei

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,328-811
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

Yes GSP is a professional with high IQ and great strength as is Bisping-both are future UFC hall of famers. And Bisping has recently faced opponents of such caliber and came out victorious. It's Bisping that doesn't seem to get the due respect from many, perhaps even from GSP. There's talk that Georges and Dana actually wanted this match with Michael over Woodley because they view it as an easier fight for GSP to win. Idk if this is true or not, but if they're using Bisping to set up a fight with McGregor it's a mistake.

Bisping isn't on the same level as Georges mentally.... arguably no one is, Maybe the only others I can think of that are is Jon Jones and Demetrious Johnson.

Bisping hasn't fought anyone of Georges caliber, either (Silva isn't as well rounded and he's mentally broken since Weidman took his soul, imo). Sure, Rockhold is really good, but he's no GSP. He isn't on the same level mentally and doesn't have as good fight IQ... and he's not overly that great with his hands. He also didn't take that rematch seriously and Bisping made him pay for it, Georges does not approach fights like that. Georges really respects Bisping and Bisping really respects Georges, it's one of the reasons why they're fighting each other. Dana wanted this fight over Woodley because it'll make more money and when it comes down to it that's all Dana and the UFC really care about, at the moment.

I respect and like Bisping. I've met him tons of times and he's one of the nicest guys I've met, Imo he's top 5 when it comes to interacting with the fans. He's shown up to more fight club parties than any other fighter and he interacts very well with the fans. He's fun, he's funny, he puts smiles on everyone's face, he makes jokes and he takes jokes really well. He's a good guy, he just likes to talk crap and try and get under his opponents skin... sometimes he does it at times that he shouldn't but when it comes down to it he's a good guy.

That being said, my opinion on this fight has nothing to do with the way I feel about each fighter and the respect I have for each fighter. It has to do with how good and well rounded of a fighter I feel they are and I feel Georges is too good and too well rounded for Bisping. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.... I guess we'll find out at UFC 217 and I really forward to it.

2013 - vv

2014 - vv

Just for you AndyWharo

Last edited 9/24/17 6:39PM server time by five-alive
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   9/24/17 6:29:12PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Career:79-53
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Bisping doesn't get the respect because he doesn't give any. He fought Hendo as his first defence who was ranked #14, a total slap to the top 10 of the MW division. He got utterly destroyed in that fight and has not fought since then. It's funny with Bisping because i go through periods where i like him and then just can't stand the guy. His actions after fights with Rockhold and Jorge Rivera are just unsportsmanlike, it's not enough to finish those guys but he has to humiliate them too. I respect his ufc career however and he has consistently fought the best guys in the world up until his first title defence. The guy just has one of those personalities that people love to hate and it attracts viewers.

As far as Bisping being an easier fight than Woodley i believe it definitely is for GSP. I think GSP could definitely beat Woodley too at this stage but it would be a much more dangerous match up. Woodley is so much faster than Bisping and hits harder plea Woodley has got awesome tdd that even GSP would struggle with.

As far as Bisping fighting Hendo that made more sense than this match with GSP. Dana/UFC wanted Hendo to be a UFC champ before he retired,even if he retired with the belt, then Bisping would be out of the way. And it made sense due to their history and everyone's love for Hendo.
I don't recall Bisping being too unsportsmanlike to Rockhold unless it was just a little taunting afterward. It seems many fighters want to start stuff with Bisping out of nowhere like Jorge Rivera.I was a fan of Jorge until that stuff. He put all kind of crap on youtube and even made fun of Michael's family if I recall.
I've been a fan of Bisping since the TUF show;he's always seemed like a good guy to me,but yes many people love to hate him.

Post #17   9/24/17 7:03:47PM   

Ninja_Nicoya

MMA Regular

Career:26-30
Chips:
What I see from this is they're both right. Bisping is correct with his evaluation of GSP that he chooses the easy fight and has most likely taken PEDs his entire career. While GSP is correct that Bisping is just an angry guy who deep down inside is an insecure man who even his kids doubt. Bisping also ducks top contenders but as for the fight itself GSP has all the tools to beat Bisping and I think he will, that was a lot of time off to get roided. Of course GSP will call out Mcgregor if he wins because for him that's another easy profitable fight.

Post #18   9/24/17 7:28:50PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:
Hey Five Alive that's really cool that you've met all these fighters ,and my fav girl Paige.
But I wouldn't call Jon Jones mentally strong,just because he's never lost a fight.The dude is screwd up. DJ I would imagine yes,he seems perfect in every way. But Idk about Georges, I get the feeling he's had/has many mental issues/struggles. And I'm not knocking that,I've had/have myself.
And I agree that for Dana and UFC brass it's all about the money ,especially now with all the McGregor hype superfight attraction. But it seems to me more as I think about it that they are dissing Bisping in some respects by bringing back GSP to face him. I'm sure Michael realizes this but he's taking advantage of it knowing it's a big pay day and he may just go out with a bang and put a dagger in their greedy plans. This shows his metal I think.
And do you guys think GSP is really returning for his love of the sport or love of more fame and money? What will he do if he does lose,especially in a bad way? Will he just retire again since his dreams are ruined or will he go back to ww to face the likes of Perry,Usman,Maia,etc? Which imo he should be fighting now if not Woodley. Or maybe could rematch Hendricks at mw ? I don't think he want's to face the hungry up and comers at ww and not mw for sure. Hendricks would be more like it but would he even be willing to do that? I guess we'll see. And like you I'm looking forward to this,and glad you know Bisping is a good fella.

Post #19   9/24/17 7:38:05PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ninja_Nicoya

What I see from this is they're both right. Bisping is correct with his evaluation of GSP that he chooses the easy fight and has most likely taken PEDs his entire career. While GSP is correct that Bisping is just an angry guy who deep down inside is an insecure man who even his kids doubt. Bisping also ducks top contenders but as for the fight itself GSP has all the tools to beat Bisping and I think he will, that was a lot of time off to get roided. Of course GSP will call out Mcgregor if he wins because for him that's another easy profitable fight.

I agree with what you say about GSP,but Michael being an insecure man, no. Sure he's lost some fights and most fighters have but he keeps fighting for the love of the sport.He doesn't cry and quit after a perceived loss.
And sure GSP can say these things and put on a psychoanalyst hat because he's spent so much time and money on them himself.
Is Bisping saying GSP was on roids? I hadn't heard that and won't say that. Who knows who is on them?

Last edited 9/24/17 9:13PM server time by AndyWarho
Edit note/reason: edited for clarity and charity

Post #20   9/24/17 7:46:08PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:
Gosh, I just realized I'm a regular now, no longer learning to sprawl but I hope I can still take a punch

Last edited 9/24/17 9:15PM server time by AndyWarho
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   9/24/17 8:34:03PM   

Five-Alive

MMA Sensei

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ninja_Nicoya

Sounds like 'you're a very angry person deep down'.

Post #22   9/24/17 9:15:52PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by Ninja_Nicoya

Yes Ninja you could probably use a good psychoanalyst and my online fees are small.

Post #23   9/24/17 9:50:47PM   

Five-Alive

MMA Sensei

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
@AndyWarho

Bisping jokingly said to George's earlier in the year "I hope you don't do roids" because of how small he was. On the mmahour last Monday, Ariel asked Bisping if he thought GSP was on roids and Bisping said no, he doesn't think GSP would use steroids.

Post #24   9/24/17 9:51:53PM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

@AndyWarho

Bisping jokingly said to George's earlier in the year "I hope you don't do roids" because of how small he was. On the mmahour last Monday, Ariel asked Bisping if he thought GSP was on roids and Bisping said no, he doesn't think GSP would use steroids.

That's good to hear because he doesn't seem like that to me either and those are kinda serious accusations anymore.

Post #25   9/24/17 10:09:46PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Ninja_Nicoya

GSP chose the easy fights?

The dude was the champ for the better part of a decade and not only cleared out the division but beat almost all of the top contenders multiple times.

Who did he duck?

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #26   9/26/17 7:11:30PM   

Ninja_Nicoya

MMA Regular

Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

Posted by Ninja_Nicoya

I agree with what you say about GSP,but Michael being an insecure man, no. Sure he's lost some fights and most fighters have but he keeps fighting for the love of the sport.He doesn't cry and quit after a perceived loss.
And sure GSP can say these things and put on a psychoanalyst hat because he's spent so much time and money on them himself.
Is Bisping saying GSP was on roids? I hadn't heard that and won't say that. Who knows who is on them?

That's where we disagree I see alot of insecurities in Bisping which is why he's always talking trash because he's projecting. Loud mouth's are the most insecure. Yes, Bisping has said he's been on roids and most likely he has.

Post #27   9/29/17 8:44:55PM   

Ninja_Nicoya

MMA Regular

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by Ninja_Nicoya

You're right I can be mad, sad or happy I'm a human being. Lol.

Post #28   9/29/17 8:46:02PM   

Ninja_Nicoya

MMA Regular

Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by Ninja_Nicoya

Yes Ninja you could probably use a good psychoanalyst and my online fees are small.

No thanks all of that stuff is nonsense.

Post #29   9/29/17 8:46:56PM   

Ninja_Nicoya

MMA Regular

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Ninja_Nicoya

GSP chose the easy fights?

The dude was the champ for the better part of a decade and not only cleared out the division but beat almost all of the top contenders multiple times.

Who did he duck?

I'm not saying he didn't choose the easy fights in the past but he cleared it on roids like Jon Jones. I'm saying he is choosing easy fights now that he is washed up. And he ducked Anderson Silva.

Post #30   9/29/17 8:51:07PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3