Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bellator welterweight champion Douglas Lima meets Rory MacDonald in January

Print  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

MMA Sensei

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,328-811
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The anticipated welterweight showdown between Bellator champion Douglas Lima and Rory MacDonald will go down in January.

Lima and MacDonald are slated to meet in a title bout on Jan. 20 at Inglewood’s Forum, Bellator officials confirmed to MMA Fighting following a report by LA Times.

Link

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #1   9/20/17 1:36:58PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,075-1,434
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Came here to post this. Should be a good fight but if Rory Mac's last fight was of any indication of how he has changed as a fighter, it should be a bad night for Lima. Rory Mac stuck to his game plan and made Semtex look bad. I think he does the same thing.

Post #2   9/20/17 4:15:03PM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:1,790-1,162
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
Lima had MUCH better takedown defense then Daley guaranteed this will be a war im rooting for Lima to show Bellator is his house!!!

Post #3   9/20/17 9:51:16PM   

Five-Alive

MMA Sensei

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FKA

Lima had MUCH better takedown defense then Daley guaranteed this will be a war im rooting for Lima to show Bellator is his house!!!

It will not be a war. Rory will mop the floor with Lima... and yeah I guess show Lima that Bellafarce is his house.

Post #4   9/21/17 12:15:06AM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Career:69-50
Chips:
I agree with FKA. Lima is way more well rounded than Daley,plus he's faster and hits harder than Lawler. I think Rory wants to be another GSP who avoids the stand up as much as possible and wrestles his way to easy wins. If Lima is in top shape Rory is in for a rude awakening.

Post #5   9/21/17 5:03:36PM   

Five-Alive

MMA Sensei

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by AndyWarho

I agree with FKA. Lima is way more well rounded than Daley,plus he's faster and hits harder than Lawler. I think Rory wants to be another GSP who avoids the stand up as much as possible and wrestles his way to easy wins. If Lima is in top shape Rory is in for a rude awakening.

I'm just trying to bust FKA's balls... but he wouldn't bite. Ever since Scott took over, I like Belly and I've always been a fan of Lima. I'm looking forward to this fight and even though a part of me hopes to see a good scrap, the other part wants to see it be a one sided affair in favor of Rory since I'm Canadian and have always been a big fan of his.

Regarding "Rory wants to be another GSP", re-watch his recent scrap with Lawler and tell me, is that how GSP would fight??? Hell no! Rory is Rory, not GSP... and GSP is my all time favourite. Nothing puts more of a smile on my face then watching that head kick ko on Matt Hughes to win his first ever UFC world title. I have no problem watching him dominate others on the ground, as well or jabbing the shit out of someones face to a landslide victory.

Post #6   9/22/17 1:04:41AM   

AndyWarho

MMA Regular

AndyWarho Avatar

Career:69-50
Chips:
I gotcha Five Alive and hope Rory won't adapt the style of GSP. I can't blame him for taking Daley to the ground either,it was a wise decision.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #7   9/22/17 6:10:42AM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

That war with Lawler would change anybody. Probably took a few years off both their lives.

Post #8   9/22/17 11:16:13AM